Five
59 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come!"

Sol said full of energy and excitement. He could feel the adrenaline pumping inside his body.

He was prepared this time as he faced the magic circle.

"Whatever comes my way. I will defeat you!"

The room turned to its normal color, and on the floor were five centipede-like monsters.

*gyaaaah*

Sol could not help himself but throw the object he was holding on his right hand once again.

*tink*

His sword slid on the well-polished floor.

*Ding*

[Throw lv.0 (exp.0.02%)
Use objects as a projectile to attack enemies.]

"What in hells name is this? Why can't we move along from these centipedes like monsters and get on with our lives."

Sol was once again talking to the so-called system in the ceiling, expecting to get an answer. However, it was all in vain as he continued to gaze at the thin air.

Before he could complain some more, one of the centipede-like monsters lunged at his location. Luckily he was holding his shield near his body which deflected the attack of the monster.

*Ding*

[Shield Bash lv. 0 (exp 2.00%)
Use the shield to attack enemies head-on. Small chance of stunning enemies]

He took a step back from his surprise before slowly moving away from the centipede-like monsters. They looked menacing as there were more compared to yesterday. Their moving feet and beady eyes gave Sol the creeps. Although they moved slowly, their attack which was to lunge was something that could catch him off guard.

He looked around the room, trying to catch a glimpse of where his sword slid. At the opposite side of the room, he saw a sparkling metal. He knew he couldn't do anything to the critters as long as he did not have a weapon.

Sol prepared himself to dash to his weapon and leave the critters behind hopping for the best.

*Ding*

[Dash lv. 0 (0.80%)
A movement skill using a sudden burst of forwarding movement.]

"Wow. Goodbye suckers!"

Sol laughed at the speed he was dashing at and looked behind. However, his laughter was cut short when he saw 5 rolling balls catching up behind him. The folded their bodies to a circle and were rolling at a faster speed compared to his lv. 0 Dash.

"Dash
Dash
Dash!"

Sol was sweating while trying his best to activate the skill he just learned. He was shouting at the top of his lungs, hoping that the system will help him in his time of need. However, to his dismay, the words that appeared left him speechless.

*Ding*

[The skill Dash is a passive skill.
Mastery and experience are needed to upgrade the skill.]

"Dam it system. Can't you be helpful for once?"

Sol continued his mad dash to his sword while cursing at the useless system.

*chink chink*

Sol could hear the centipede-like monsters opening and closing their incisor fangs as though they were ready to cut his body apart. Maybe it was from his fright, or from his adrenaline, Sol slid using the dash skill as momentum and slid to where his sword was. He was on the floor, sliding. He reached for his sword and at the same time held his shield close to his body.

*Ding*

[Sliding Dash lv. 0 (exp 0.80%)
Using dash as momentum, one can slide on the floor depending on the speed of one's dashing power.]

"Got it."

Once he reached his sword, he turned around and stood his ground while facing the centipede-like monsters. One centipede lunged at his body, Sol knew it was coming and made sure his feet are both secured and steady on the ground.

*clang*

*Ding*

[Shield Bash lv. 0 (exp 2.00%)
Use the shield to attack enemies head-on. Small chance of stunning enemies]

The centipede-like monster slithered back. However, it was not stunned. Its movement was the same as the others.

"Huh. How small is the chance for the stun to occur?"

Another centipede-like monster lunged at Sol. This time Sol moved his body forward using his whole body to support the shield that was wrapped around his arm.

*clang*

*Ding*

[Shield Bash lv. 0 (exp 4.00%)
Use the shield to attack enemies head-on. Small chance of stunning enemies]
A louder sound was heard from the impact as the centipede-like monster was stunned by the hit. Sol took this chance and stabbed at the centipede.

*Ding*

[Sword Stab lv. 0 (5.00%)
Use sword to stab enemies.]

*Keek Keek*

The centipede-like monster was on its death throes. The other centipede-like monsters, hearing their companion's death throes grew incensed. All four lunged at Sol at the same time which made Sol panicked for a second. Not being able to do anything aside from making his shield cover his upper body. To his surprise, they all attacked the same spot. Sol fell from the impact from the lunge of the centipede-like monster.

"Ugh, I'm glad their attack pattern is the same or else I would have been dead."

Sol's arm was tingling from the pain. His shoulders felt numb and his body felt sore.

"I need to be prepared to move once I kill one of them, I can't take that kind of attack from four centipedes head on."

Sol dashed around the centipede-like monsters. One at a time he took them out. It took a lot of work and running around before the last of the centipede-like monster collapsed on the floor. He was able to collect 5 greys like beads and he kept it in his bag.

*grumble grumble*

Sol slumped on the cold hard floor. As the tension was removed from his body, he finally felt his stomach was hungry.

"I wonder if there is anything to eat in this bag."

Sol eyed the bag that he was wearing, once he put his hand inside, he felt a sense of nothingness, then words appeared in front of his eyes.

Inventory
10 pieces stale bread
5 pieces small healing potion
5 pieces small mana potion
6 pieces (E) monster core

0