Six
59 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sol took out a piece of stale bread. It looks rough, dry and unappetizing. However, he was so hungry that he just bit on it.

*crunch*

The texture was as he had expected, it was as tough as a rock. He felt his gums would bleed if he continued eating this hard piece of rock.

He stared at the rock-hard bread.

*Ding*

[Half-Eaten Stale Bread
Dry and leathery bread.]

"It's exactly what it says though I don't know about the leathery part. The texture was closer to chalk rather than leather."

*Sigh*

Sol wanted to throw away the hard piece of bread but thought otherwise. He pressed hard on the bread, he tried pinching, then pulling. He wanted to try cutting it with his sword but decided not to. Looking at his brittle looking short sword, He wondered if his sword would give up first before the hard rock bread. In the end, he hesitatingly put the piece of bread back into his bag. He had been in this space for two days, yet the only things he had gained were the starting gear from the beginning of his tutorial and the beads from the monsters. Judging that, there might not be a case where he can get food inside the room unless he was able to get out of the tutorial stages. And that was just his guess.

"Stats"

Once Sol mentioned stats, his own stats appeared out of thin air. He wondered if there were any changes since he had killed five centipedes like monsters in one go.

Sol
Level:0 (exp 96.00%)
Race: Human
Age:27
Stats:
Health:30
Mana:0
Strength:2
Vitality:1
Intelligence:3
Dexterity:2
Luck:0
Skills learned:
[Throw lv.0 (exp.0.02%)
Use objects as a projectile to attack enemies.]
[Shield Bash lv. 0 (exp 6.00%)
Use the shield to attack enemies head-on. Small chance of stunning enemies]
[Sword Stab lv. 0 (15.00%)
Use sword to stab enemies.]
[Dash lv. 0 (4.00%)
A movement skill using a sudden burst of forwarding movement.]
[Sliding Dash lv. 0 (exp 2.40%)
Using dash as momentum, one can slide on the floor depending on the speed of one's dashing power.]

"I'm about to reach level 1.
I wonder what I will gain once I reach level one."

Sol got excited just thinking about the benefits of leveling up. It was just like the games, just that the experience was immersive. It made him excited thinking about the skills he can learn.

"However, this seems rather dull. There's no one here aside from me and monsters.
Even the atmosphere is dungeon like.
When will this tutorial stage end?"

He asked the ceiling once again, waiting for a reply. Yet, there was no answer.

"System, when will this tutorial stage end?"

Sol tried asking once again while calling out at the so-called system. However, the bell-like ding did not sound or any form of reply. Sol frowned when the system did not respond to his question. He was beginning to wonder how the system worked. He had experienced getting a reply from the system once. He thought hard on what was the difference between asking his question now and his previous question. He did not have enough examples to get a definitive conclusion. However, he could think of a hypothesis.

Sol was about to try his hypothesis when his body was surrounded by darkness which swallowed him whole. He felt a sudden bout of dizziness as his eyelids started to close. His breathing became even as he fell asleep. Once Sol disappeared and was swallowed by the black hole, figures appeared in the same spot.

*zzzzeeet zzzzzzt*

[Test subject number 158 shows sign of adjusting to the experiment.]

*zzzzzzt zzzzeeeett*

[Affirmative------------. However, there is a need to gather more data. Continue with tests one before proceeding to step two.]

Sol opened his eyes.

He was back at his own bed, the blanket covering his body. He stretched his arms from left to right, rotating his shoulders and cracking his neck. The sound of bones popping in his body made him comfortable. It had been a long while since he felt his body as light and energized as it was currently.

Sol had been working in a company, sitting in front of his computer without any form of exercise. He had thoughts of being more active by joining a gym, but he was always swamped with work. The weekend came, and he would rather laze around the house playing games or binge-watching movies. However, today he felt he had the motivation to move his body.

He stood up and continued his stretches. He did some simple stretching exercise that he learned from school to warm up the body. Once he was done warming up, he tried doing a push-up.

Sol grinned as he positioned his self for a push-up. He was able to easily lower his body near the floor which gave him more confidence.

"Yes, I can do this."

He breathes out and tried to lift his body with his arm strength. However, his arms felt like jelly as he could not fully push himself up. His muscles were trying to disagree with his newfound vigor. Sol's grin turned into a frown as he pulled out energy he could muster from his arms. And finally, he was able to fully lift his body albeit slowly and unsteady. He stood up and gave up, for now, looking at the time, he should start preparing for work.

"It's been a while since I've used any of muscles. I need to start small. Maybe I can do some light jogging in the mornings and go to the gym on the weekends."

He made his breakfast and prepared for his day.

Time moved along in the office. As per usual, he finished his work around 7 pm and got home around 8. This time he did not dive into his bed. He went to his computer and looked for a gym near his place. He looked at the facilities and gym instructors available. Although he did not have a lot of money due to him focusing at work, and not spending his money going out and partying, he was able to save up a small amount of money in his bank account.

He registered online for a schedule he deemed fit before eating his dinner and preparing for bed. He lay comfortably on his bed and closed his eyes.

Darkness soon devoured his body.

0