Twelve
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bright lights spread around the magic circle.

Sol could see a silhouette however he could not identify what the monster was. He could only wait and stare at the figure that will appear. He tightened the grip on his sword while he calmed his mind. Once the lights disappeared, a figure was steadily bouncing on its place.

It had a gelatinous and round body. Looking at this pudgy being bouncing up and down without a care in the world, Sol could not help question the system.

‘System, there seems to be a problem with the arrangement of the monster's appearance.’

The order seemed wrong to Sol. Wouldn’t this figure be the first monster he should fight? All he could see in front of him was an adorable, pudgy, bouncing thing. Its transparent and bluish color resembled a jelly. Its body wobbled every time its body hit the surface of the floor.

Sol could not attack the monster and continuously stare at it. He did not approach the monster no matter how adorable it looked.

‘I won’t be deceived by its cute and gentle appearance. No matter how you try to act like a cute animal, I know you are a predator deep down inside.’

He kept staring at the round being on the floor that suddenly stopped bouncing. Maybe realizing that it wasn’t alone, it stopped and stood in its place. However, Sol could not identify if the pudgy being was looking at him due to the lack of eyes. Sol looked at the monster and blinked his eyes. The pudgy being wiggled its body. Sol thought it was preparing its attack as he held his shield closer to his body.

The pudgy being continued to wiggle its body, vibrations could be seen on its surface. Sol took a step back in surprise once the pudgy being stopped. He blinked his eyes, the pudgy did the same. They both stared at each other and Sol could not help but stare in awe. The pudgy being suddenly sprouted eyes. It was not ordinary either. It was something you would find in anime for being adorable. Those which are called like puppy dog eyes. Sol squinted his eyes, the pudgy being did the same. Its eyes had the same shade as the color of its body.

*Gaaah*

Sol could not suppress his voice from leaking out. He did not want to excite the being in front of him by making noises but he could not help himself. Once he made a slight sound, the pudgy being started to wiggle its body, then vibrated as its body formed ripples on the surface.

‘It can’t be.’

*Kaah*

A different sound was heard. It made a sound with a cutesy voice.

*gasp*

The pudgy being looked at Sol and copied his expression.

*gasp*

Sol stepped back. He did not know how to deal with the pudgy being. It did not attack Sol, it only copied his actions. It was staring at Sol full of interest. Instead of attacking, it seemed more interested in copying his actions.

Suddenly, noticing Sol stepping back, it bounced closer to Sol. It seemed it did not want to be apart from Sol. Sol did not have the heart to attack the said being, that being the case, the two spend some time together with the minimum distance required for Sol to easily escape. The pudgy being kept coming closer no matter how far he went. The room was as big as two classrooms, therefore there was no place he could hide or escape.

Time in the room was spent like that. He was not able to kill the pudgy being while the pudgy being tried to get closer to Sol.

Sol’s body started to be swallowed by darkness.

‘I guess it’s time.’

The pudgy being tried to approach Sol, it bounced with so much energy. Its eyes looked scared while it did its best to bounce near Sol, but it was stopped at the darkness that was swallowing Sol.

*Kaaaah*

The monster said with a worried expression.

‘I guess it can’t approach this darkness. Is it a barrier that is keeping the monster from coming into my world?’

Once he was swallowed by total darkness, his mind became hazy as he fell asleep.

Morning the next day

Sol opened his eyes.

‘The last experience was a bit weird. Though there were some things that I was able to find out. It seems I don’t have to kill what comes out from the magic circle for me to get out. I wonder, what is the pre-requisite for me to get out of that room? Once I get back, will Pudgy still remain in the room? Is it normal for a slime to copy its enemy’s actions?’

Sol pondered for the answers. Since this was the first time that he faced a different species of monster, he thought that he would just need to do the same and kill whatever comes. All he needed to do was kill and level up his stats and skills. However, for some reason, the room brought out Pudgy. That’s what he started calling it. By the end of the day, he was starting to get used to Pudgy. He felt it was nice to have a companion to spend the time together in that dreary room.

‘Whatever, it’s not like there are rules I’d have to follow inside that room. If there are these so-called rules, then they should have made it clear from the beginning.’

Sol put everything at the back of his mind. He started to prepare for his day at work. He did some light exercises like usual. His body was starting to develop. In terms of specs, it was getting better. He thought that a mere point will be unnoticeable, but there were definitely some improvements. He was able to complete a set of push-ups. It was just the other day when he couldn’t even lift his own body even if his life depended on it.

‘I guess I have to accept the fact that what’s happening in that room is real.’

 

2