3. Bitter Truth
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found some medicine books in 2nd floor. Pill grade is divided into 9 rank. I found some books that write about how to create some 1st tier pills. When I found "Wound Healing Pill", I want to try concoct it.  I asked grandpa some ingredients concoct "Wound Healing Pill". I try to concoct it for 100 times and failed miserably. After failed for 100 times I cried a little bit and then stopped my pill concocting practice. I decided to read more medicine book before try it again.

It's already 4 months since I start my training. I felt that my body became stronger than 4 months ago. I can do push up, sit up, pull up and squat for 480 times. But it's still takes around 5 hours to complete my task. I broke some tree branches when I did pull up so grandpa asked uncle Hai to make a pull up bar at the house yard.

Yesterday grandpa saw my sword practice and today he said that I already understood the basic technique and it's enough for now. I also read that every technique have 5 rank, Basic, Intermediate, Master, Grandmaster and Divine. Only someone who can control his Qi can start the Intermediate practice. Today grandpa also gave me a new training. It's a meditation training. I felt happy when grandpa said that I don't need to take "total concentration" training anymore. Actually I only can keep total concentration for 5 minutes and then coughing up blood. It was really hurt but I already promise to keep my training pace so I keep it up until now.
My training task is become like this:
------------------
Task level 16
1. Push up 480x
2. Sit Up 480x
3. Pull Up 480x
4. Squat 480x
5. Running around park 480x
6. Meditation for 2 hours
------------------

Grandpa said there are many meditation techniques but grandpa chose Long Hu meditation technique. Long Hu has three realms.
The first realm is Calm, the second realm is Reflect and the last realm is Unity. After explained about the origin of Long Hu meditation, grandpa said goodbye to me and went to family hall for Elder's meeting. I started my training as usual and finished all the training except for the meditation training. After took some rest and ate food pill, I sat down below a big Willow tree. I took out a blue jade necklace and hung it on my neck. The detail of the Long Hu technique is recorded in this jade. I formed a meditation pose and hear a gentle voice.

"TAKE A DEEP BREATH"
...
"TAKE A DEEP BREATH UNTIL YOUR MIND BECOME RELAXED"
...
...
"TAKE A DEEP BREATH WHILE FREE YOUR MIND FROM ALL WORRIES"
...
...
...
"COME BACK TO YOUR SENSE SLOWLY AND OPEN YOUR EYES"

I opened my eyes and felt that my body became so light. I felt that it only took around 15 minutes for meditation.
But when I look up the sky, the sky already became orange. I realized that I already spent around 2 hours for meditation.
Did I lose track of time? I felt worried and decided to consult it with grandpa. I got up and walk to family hall.
It's around 5pm now so I think grandpa is still in the family hall.

 

At family hall's meeting room. The patriarch and all elders are present except for 2nd elder Lin Gao Shun and 5th elder Lin Bao.

"Patriarch Hao, why you asked us to come again?"
"Hnn, there is something I want to discuss with all of you."
"Patriarch, If you want to discuss something you can discuss it tomorrow at elders meeting.
Brother Gao Shun and brother Bao couldn't came because they already went to Guiyang."
"Ah, actually it's about the Guiyang's problem. We already knew that we need permission from Zhao family or Wei family to start business in Guiyang. I already asked lord Mu Bai some advices and he said that there is only one method who can make Guiyang city to receive us."
"Oh, that's great! As expected of the Luton city's lord!"
"Oh! So, you will ask one of us to go to Guiyang to chase brother Gao Shun and brother Bao. I am free now so I can depart right away!"
"Brother Lisu, I will accompany you so let's depart now!"
"*cough* brother Lisu and brother Dong, please calm down. Patriarch haven't said the method yet. I know you miss Jiao'er but please calm down first."
"*cough**cough*cough* Li,Lin Mu, what are you talking about?!"
"*cough**cough* brother Mu, please don't mock us! We will accomplish our task first before go to red district."
"hee.. So, brother Lisu and brother Dong not denied it."
"...(Damn you Lin Mu! I curse your family!!)"
"...(brother Mu, I really want to meet your black belly ancestor and curse him to gave birth you!!)"
"*smile* Brother Lisu, brother Dong, please don't stare me like that. we are from same family so please forgive my frankness."
"..."
"..."
"*cough* Brother Mu, please don't tease our brother's too much."
"Yes, I understood, patriarch. I will not tease anyone for now. I already satisfied now. *smile*"
"..."
"..."
"..."
"Ah, please don't stare me too much. I am not as beautiful as Jiao'er so I can give you "kiss bye"..."
"*cough**cough**cough*"
"*cough**cough**cough*"
"*cough**cough**cough*"

Lin Chao arrived at family hall and saw anyone standing in front of the family hall. It's already 5:30pm so it's time for family hall's guards to take some break for 1 hour in guard's post. Lin Chao saw guards take a rest and don't want to disturb them, so he came in without said anything to them. He went to Lin Gao Shun's room. Lin Gao Shun's room is in the first floor next to the meeting room. Lin Chao entered the room and saw books are scattered on the Lin Gao Shun desk and floor. When Lin Chao entered the room, there is no anyone there but he heard voices. He walk through valley of the books and saw a slide door. There is a slide door that connect Lin Gao Shun's room and meeting's room. When he arrived in front the door, he saw that the door was slightly opened. He tried to take a peek when suddenly he heard his name has been called.

"I don't know why brother Gao taught Chao'er half baked techniques. I thought he want Chao'er to learn body cultivation but why he only give him a basic strength training?"
"Ah, brother Mu, did you already know Xiao Chao's condition?"
"Hnnn, I already knew that Chao'er has a weak meridian and there are many pills that can strengthen a weak meridian."
"haaa, brother Mu, Xiao Chao is not only has a weak meridian but he born with only 6 meridians. He can not accumulate qi at all."
"What?! Why?! Did someone curse Mei'er?"
"No, it was not a curse. 4 years ago, Emperor Yuan asked Lin and Mu family to cooperate with royal army. Emperor asked Lin family to investigate the the northwest of Ghost Mountain and Mu family to investigate the northeast of Ghost Mountain. You already knew that at that time our Lin family and Mu family couldn't sent anyone because we already went to participate in Sky Cloud Sect's patriarch funeral ceremony when Emperor's messenger came to Lin family. It will takes around 5 days for us to come back to the Luton city. But Emperor Yuan's messenger came with Emperor's decree so we couldn't wait anymore and decided to send Shan Ji's team first to the Ghost Mountain. Brother Gao Shun and brother Dong's team will come as reinforcements in 5 days. The biggest problem was Emperor Yuan didn't said anything that we have to face third prince, Yuan Gao with his tiger army. Shan Ji's team met tiger army on the third day and they couldn't withstand tiger army attack. Brother Gao Shun already rushed when we received emergency call from Shan Ji and finally came on the fourth day. But it was already late. Shan Ji's team have been already annihilated. Then brother Gao Shun killed all the tiger's army in raged. Later he found his daughter sacrificed her blood to keep baby's life in her belly and Shan Ji sacrifice his blood to speed up baby's growth. Shan Ji already injured and only has enough blood to speed up the baby Chao growth until he became 7 months. When brother Gao saved Xiao Chao, he said that if he late for 1 minute he will lose all of his family member."
"Haa, I still remembered brother Gao face when he cried while hugging Xiao Chao. I told him to leave the reinforcements team to me and went back immediately. He didn't even look back and fly back with his Gryphon.."
"Brother Gao brought Xiao Chao to Luton city's alchemist Ning Xue. After Ning Xue examined Xiao Chao, he said that because of the mother's injury, Xiao Chao couldn't form all of his meridians and only has 6 meridians. Also Xiao Chao's weak meridian was the effect growth force of blood sacrifice."
"... Why do.."
"Brother Mu, we did not have intention to keep it secret from you. We just couldn't bring it up to the elder's meeting when brother Gao attended the meeting. Brother Mu, you also rarely join elders meeting so we did not have chance to tell you the truth until now.."
"..."
"Brother Mu, I knew that because you loved Shan Ji like your own son, you love Xiao Chao like your own grandson. But you have to admit it.
Xiao Chao will never cultivate his Qi. Also because of his weak meridian, it's useless no matter how much we train him."
"Hmmph, so you said that because he became cripple and won't live long, he is not Lin family anymore!"
"Brother Mu, please calm down. We never said like that. We mean.."
"Hmmph, you never said but you always thought it like that!"
"..."
"*cough* brother Mu, I promise that we will never remove him from our family. But we can let him meet Wei Ming.
We can not show them our Lin family's weakness to them. Wei Yu Yan also already 8 years old this year, so I thought is best for her to marry Lin Feng, Lin Chen, Lin Hong or Lin Huang in the future. What do you think brother Mu?"
"... Patriarch Hao, unfortunately, I only have Yu'er so I can not help you for this matter. I can only pray that your plan will success.
By the way, I am not interested in matching maker party and also I don't think Yu Yan girl is interested in old man, so I won't come."
"...(You are just sulking and don't want to to come!!)"
"...(Please don't stab me when you are sulking!!)"
"..."

Lin Chao heard all the truth. His mind became blank. He knew that someone not only robbed his parents life but also his future.
He also knew that he will never become strong. No one will walk beside him except his grandfather. He also will not live long. At that he will make his grandpa cry again.
It's his first time he felt his heart hurt so much. Yuan dynasty makes he and his grandpa life miserably.
He felt that he don't want to see or hear Yuan dynasty anymore.
He want to make Yuan dynasty disappear from his life.
He walk out from Gao Shun's room.
He went to park and sit down below Willow tree again.
This time the sky it's already dark and cloudy, so no one can see moon or stars.
He close his eyes and without realized it he start to meditate again.

 

Lin Hai: Lin Gao Shun servant, 250 years old, Dou Zhe level 5
Lin Hao: Lin family patriarch, 145 years old, Da Dou Shi level 4
Lin Lisu: Lin family 3rd elder, 345 years old, Da Dou Shi level 5
Lin Mu: Lin family 4th elder, 230 years old, Da Dou Shi level 5
Lin Bao: Lin family 5th elder, 255 years old, Da Dou Shi level 1
Lin Dong: Lin family 6th elder, 245 years old, Da Dou Shi level 1
Lin Chen: one of Lin Lisu's grandson, 15 years old, Dou Zhe level 1
Lin Hong: one of Lin Bao's grandson, 17 years old, Dou Zhe level 1
Lin Huang: one of Lin Dong's grandson, 16 years old, Dou Zhe level 1
Mu Bai: Luton city's lord, 148 years old, Da Dou Shi level 6
Ning Xue: Luton city's Alchemist tier 2, 75 years old, Dou Shi level 5.
Zhao family: Zhao family controls 70% market place in Guiyang
Wei family: Wei family's patriarch is Guiyang city's lord
Wei Ming: Wei family's patriarch and Guiyang city's lord, 140 years old, Da Dou Shi level 6
Wei Yu Yan: Wei Ming's second daughter, 10 years old , level ??

0