Chapter 6: Ensuing Chaos-2
410 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Should we change the name of Arata's father's given name "Westwind" ?
  • Yes Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Why in the name of cupcake did you even choose that name Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I like Westwind, it even makes me what to play for the other team! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't change it dagnabbit ! Votes: 1 5.6%
  • meh, I do not care about his name Votes: 15 83.3%
Total voters: 18 · This poll was closed on May 24, 2021 08:15 PM.

Seeing the queen's silence, Yababa once again thought about the priorities of the queen [Her son before the kingdom, huh?]

"This is one of my creation, and one of its subsidiary abilities is to see if there are any remnants of past life on the target."

As Yababa expected, the queen still did not question the main function of the hourglass but patiently waited for her to continue. So Monore continued her explanation.

"If there are any remnants, memories, skills, or anything of the past life are carried to the current life, then the sand will drop proportional to the inheritance. If the prince is a perfect reincarnate inheriting his all to this life, then the sand should be filled at the bottom."

Yababa turned to the hourglass and said, "as you can see, there is nothing at the bottom, so he is not a reincarnate, or at least young master is not carrying anything from his previous life."

"But..." Yababa continued turning back to the queen, "There is a slip of stream from top to bottom which is going back up again at the same speed. This is the cause of the crack in his soul."

Aster and Flax looked back again at the hourglass and could see a crack in the sand construct and some amount of dust is falling down, but without touching the bottom, it is going back up again, like air bubbles in water.

Aster holding Arata tightly, asked with a chocked voice, "why? what will happen to him? can you ...."

Before Aster finished it, Monore shook her head and said with a kind tone, "I am sorry, your highness, I do not know why, nor can I help the prince heal his soul."

Aster closed her eyes and stayed silent. Yababa continued, "The prince will most probably be confused. If he experienced things that are similar to his previous life, then his previous life's knowledge of those things will color his present awareness. This knowledge might not fit his present life. Yes, it might boost him in some cases, but it could also err him. And not being able to believe in what you know will probably create havoc in his mind."

After saying her piece, Monore waited. Old Flax lowered his eyes to the ground and stayed still. Everyone there knows that the making of a king should first and foremost possess sound judgment, but with a chaotic mind, let alone being a king, the prince might not even be destined to live a normal life. This understanding made even the Summer Medows feel like a swamp.

The queen slowly opened her eyes and said in a tired voice, "let us go back."

With a flash, the consciousness of the three returned back to their bodies. The queen stood up from her chair and left to her chambers silently while still holding Arata. Wendy followed the queen.

After both of them are gone, Flax turned to Monore and simply said, "Thank you."

Yababa replied, "I was of no help."

A shadow came down to take her back, but she shook her head and said, "I will walk. It might help clear my mind." and left the prince's room.

Flax Delmont looked up and said, "we do not need to guard the prince for some time now. You all can have a leave until called back."

Although the people in shadows never had a leave before, they did not voice their doubts. They just vanished. Flax went to the lonely crib in the now empty room and sighed as he thought [I really feel old now].

Like the title said there is no plot armor for our Arata !

Also how is everyone doing in this covid? Stay safe guys.

And thank you for reading ! 

10