Chapter 14: The Black Company
106 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a sense of urgency in the air at the queen's palace in the Summers Bloom.

In the room, Queen Aster Anthurium is standing surrounded by spread-out documents on the floor. Two other ladies are tiptoeing around the papers to take dictation from the queen.

At one corner of the room, Wendy is holding documents in both hands and is moving her head from one set to another, cross-referencing them. She is borderline yelling at a couple of ladies in front of her for their mistakes.

The grand teapoy at the center of queen's chambers is now a makeshift work-table for five more ladies, who are frantically calculating and writing something.

Including Wendy, these ten women are the core members of the queen's financial team. They have been working at the queen's first national economic policy, and they have been at it for the last three months.

In fact, for the past 3months, these women are not allowed to leave the queen's chambers. They are kept apart from their families and the outside world so that any information leak regarding the policy details won't happen.

Since the queen's bedroom transformed into a makeshift working room, all these 10women cannot leave their work until the queen asks them to. And then there were more than a couple of weeks where the queen did a 30 or 40-hour work stretch, unintentionally forcing all the 10women into a grueling work environment.

At another corner of the room, within a crib, is the 7month old prince Arata Anthurium. After watching all these women with dark circles and disheveled hair, running around the room, Arata said, "[woo! a black company!!]."

Including the queen, all the women stopped in their tracks and looked at the prince.

The queen sighed and said, "Let's take a break."

Immediately all the women surrounded the prince and were trying to get his attention.

This is not the first time Arata used {Hearts Roar}, to arbitrarily say something. Sometimes what he says does not even make sense, just like now. Even though initially shocked, all the core team members got used to it and interpreted Arata as a baby genius who inherited Duke Westwind's blood trait.

Some of the women are trying to get Arata to say their name, while others are discussing what does 'Black Company' means.

Looking at the flocking women around her son, Aster thought, [he sure does look like his father now] and immediately felt like punching certain old man.

While she was in thought, Wendy brought her some tea. Taking the tea, Aster gestured at the flock and asked, "Why are they trying to get my Arata to say their name? He is only 7moons."

Wendy responded, "Well, Prince Arata can use {Hearts Roar}, and they are betting that the prince would call out to the most beautiful of them."

Aster huffed, "Hmph! my Arata thinks his mommy is the most beautiful."

Wendy smiled and said, "Well, they think he already called out to the queen."

Aster was flustered and said, "wha- he will soon. A- Anyway, what could the 'Black Company' mean."

Wendy said, "hmm, well, none of us are wearing black, so I am not sure what 'Black company' means."

Aster, putting the cup down, smilingly went to Arata's crib. Looking at his approaching mommy, the usually indifferent Arata made excited baby noises.

Immediately every woman in the room except Wendy had hearts in their eyes. Going through the excited mob, Aster pulled Arata from his crib and held him tight to her chest.

Looking at the now comfortably snuggling Arata, the other women also want to hold him, but since Arata is the prince of Summers Bloom, they are not allowed to hug him.

Watching the jealous women around, Aster triumphantly thought, [That's right! Arata is mine! Burn with jealousy!]

After kissing her son lovingly, Aster set him on the floor. This triggered an immediate 'come to me' game around Arata. After playing for the remainder of the day, the core team, unusually, left early that day.
---
At night Duke Westwind, Gale Graham is watching over his sleeping son. Aster came from behind and kissed her husband on the cheek while holding him from behind.

Gale, still looking at his son, asked, "How is your day?"

"Hmm, well, the previous administration did not even have one useful iota of records, the prime minister and you took all the magi. We even have to make copies by hand! so tough as usual."

Gale looked at his wife and said, "Sorry, there is a movement on the empire side. We need Ariana's observation magic for most of the day. The mana requirement is high, and employing mercenaries would put too expensiv- mph."

Stopping Gale with a kiss, Aster coyly said, "I know, army and national cooperation needed more attention now. Anycase 'Black Company' can handle it! so don't worry!"

"Black Company?"

"mh-huh! Arata called us that! since my team is excited that their cute prince named them, I agreed to call the economic policy team the 'Black Company'".

"Arata did?! How many times does that make it in the last 3months?"

Aster started counting with her fingers, "Well, there is, Abacus, boobies, exponential, diaper, boobies, and black company. So if you include that one time he cried using {hearts roar}, then 7times."

Gale again looked at his son and said, "He sure can use Graham's blood trait better than anyone, at least earlier than anyone."

Looking at the proud Gale, Aster added, "Right! the Black Company is already calling my Arata, 'the genius prince' and saying stuff like 'like father like son!' or 'the Anthurium's new hope'".

"Well, we still don't understand most of his words, and although people say I am gifted, Arata might be the most talented in the Graham family," Gale said shyly.

Aster shook her head disagreeing and said, "Although we don't know most of Arata's words, the words we know show that his interests are the same as his father. Truly like father like son."

Graham blushed, understanding his wife's words as the word that they really do understand is boobies. Graham defended, saying, "Well, most boys are interested in boo- women's chest."

"O! so Duke has no interest, huh?!" Aster teasingly said while accentuating her chest by folding her arms, "Well, if you are not into it, then we can just sleep."

"I am! I am interested in boobies! Especially yours!" Gale corrected immediately, as he does not want to miss the pink time with his wife.

Aster smiling, put her arms around Gale. She leaned into his ear and whispered, "Should we make Arata a little brother or sister?"

Gale lifted his wife in princes carry and brought her to their bed with hurried footsteps. Once on top of the bed, he deep kissed Aster hungrily.

As they separated to catch their breath, Aster's moist eyes and heaving bosom made Gale's blood reach boiling point. As he reached to unhook Aster's dress, knock! knock! "Your Majesty! There is an urgent message from the prime minister!"

there should be a fine line between ecchi and right out hentai, wonder where it is!

3