Beginning- chapter 3
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning.  

A cold wind blew through the room, causing goosebumps on the skin, and the announcement of a new day. Before the sun shines in the room, busy people are already getting up from their warm beds, with their tangled hair, sleepy eyes and bad breath, thinking about their jobs during the day and when they will finally return home. Kids are getting ready for school, students for exams, and non-workers have nothing smarter to do than to keep sleeping. The morning is known as beginning of something; it is easier to breathe , the air is fresher. Flowers are bathed in dew, dry croissants smell from the table (bought yesterday), and old classics that are creating good memories are played on the radio. It's all nice and organized at the very beginning of the day. Everyone knows what they need to do and everything is carefully arranged from start to finish.

If only that same croissant smell, that same pink flowers and warm sun came here. Where the smoke covers the pain, suffering and images of souls who want to escape their misfortunes, forced to perish forever in fire, darkness, praying to the exalted gods to answer their last prayers that no one hears down anyway. There is no moment of silence, calm, serenity. Despair, fear, anger and horror are heard from all sides, biting their eyes, holding their breath, paralyzing them and preventing them from moving. Never organized, never peaceful, never dawn. Always darkness, cold, blood, screaming, screaming and just scr-

-Can you shut up for one? Why every single morning I have to go through your monologues and lamentations? Unless you're going to die alone, get your lazy ass up and get to work!

Ahhh yes! Every morning represents a new beginning. Well, some mornings are not fresh, fragrant, warm, but someone has to go through that too. Rising from their catacombs, the workers leave their rooms and slowly make their way down the stairs. There is no food - they don't deserve it, they got the job because they spent too much time downstairs anyway. They can walk with their eyes closed without any problems so that they don't stumble on a soul that is squeaking from the high temperature. There is no light, although some light exists, and it reaches from above. The smell of acid comes from all angles, and stalagmites fall every day, destroying the stairs that employees walk on. No matter how dangerous it is, no one is in a hurry. It's not like they can escape somewhere. Manu held out his hands and kissed them in gratitude for serving him faithfully. Only few of lucky employees have all four limbs. He yawned a few times and rubbed his eyes. Still nothing has changed in the last five centuries ...

WELCOME TO HELL - a place where lost souls, with all their evil deeds end up down, what happens to them, it is better not to say. Who manages to survive their sentence gets the opportunity to be employed. There is no escape there, the only way to survive is to climb the ladders step by step. The more hierarchical you are, the less it hurts. Manu knew that best. He has been down for 5 hundred years, after he killed his wife who was carrying his child. He has been working downstairs for some time as a scout for new souls, and usually he sends information to the center for specific levels where the "newbies" should be housed. He has long been accustomed to everyday accidents, although something new can always be expected.

Finally, after half an hour, he came to his work unit to check what he needs to finish before reopening the Doors of Hell. Today is an important day. All the main leaders come to see the condition and order of each level of the "Skyscraper" in order to maintain order and peace in hell - although there is no order or peace. It's been three millennia since they saw "him," and rumors are circulating that "he" could finally come. They had been preparing for his arrival for a lifetime, and after many years they could finally see "him". Manu sighed at all that work.

Manu- please make this day pass quickly, accurately and in peace. I hope nothing bad will happen today on such important day ...

Manu had no idea that from this day on, everything would go wrong. If he had known that, he would have decided voluntarily to suffer for a few hundred more years.

to be continued

1