Arc 2, Ch.20: Whyyyy thoughhh
2.9k 6 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The simplicity was pleasant. There was no need to hide the sexual attraction or Mizuki’s need for time to get used to it. No lingering on the issue of me taking advantage of our position.

He had made it clear what his rules were and then switched to another topic. 

Someone else might have questioned me: Did I just come over to push him down? I had, after all, asked him to sit on my lap.

He didn’t and I hadn’t. I had just wanted to enjoy him in my embrace, which I did now, lovingly nestling my head on his shoulder and one arm wrapped around his waist, starting the game with my other hand.

Even if he had denied me kissing him and decided he did not want such a thing, I wouldn’t have wanted to push him. That he let me touch him at all was my confirmation of his feelings, at least the physical part.

We hadn’t had some huge confession, hadn’t said anything about feelings out loud.

Had I clearly confessed to him, I’d be scared that his answer wouldn’t be the same. That I could tell, maybe, that our feelings were of different weight.

Just like this, slowly getting used to having the other around, was what I would like the most. Without any need for overly flowered words, directly telling the other what we wanted.

I rubbed my cheek against his head.

“Your hair has grown out”, I purred as the background music of the game started to play and the loading screen appeared.

“Yeah, I’ll probably go cut it soon.”
“Aw.”

Another time that the sound slipping out. He gave an amused sound in response.

“What, like my hair?”
“A lot.”
“Hair fetish?”
“...I hope not.”

Can’t say anything more to that. I hoped I didn’t, but I wouldn’t be very convincing denying it when I was burying my nose in the soft locks.

“Whatever then. I’ll leave it at this length.”

He didn’t have long hair right now, just a bit longer than normal. Long enough to cover his neck, longer than mine, but not so long that it would be regarded as feminine or disturb him in his daily life.

“Great”, I mumbled, perfectly honest, into his hair.

I think if Haru drew this scene, I’d have tiny hearts jumping out of me everywhere, cuddling to Mizuki who’d have a deadpan expression. 

...On that note, I probably shouldn’t hide this.

“Uh”, I said, entering Mizuki’s login data and clicking confirm. “Just so you know, uhm, my sister is a fujoshi and draws her own… comics-”

I changed the word to make it easier for him to understand. His fidgeting stopped for a moment.
“What, am I going to encounter myself in comic-style online one day?”
“Nah, not yourself, but the, eh, happenings might be familiar.”

He twisted on my lap to glare at me again.
“Which happenings, exactly?”

“Well, for example, that time on the train-”
I stopped myself.

Welp. We hadn’t been together at that time and it had been kinda left unsaid and absolutely, completely just my own perception. I froze, wondering if I had totally misunderstood that time.

“You were standing way too close and breathing into my fucking ear. I didn’t expect to not feel disgusted by it”, Mizuki explained himself, shoving my head away and dragging my hand off his mousepad so that he could select the race for his character creation that he had decided on who-knows-when.

“Oh, good”, I exhaled in relief. “I wasn’t sure if that was just wishful thinking on my part. I had been rather surprised that you didn’t look disgusted back then…”

“Not only you. I usually get pissed at guys approaching me that closely.”

A screening of all the times I remembered that happening played in my head. I remembered loud curses, sometimes punches, sometimes flying things. Always offended guys with a broken pride.

Yep, he sure did get pissed off at that. Rightfully, though.

I replaced my head on his shoulder, directing my gaze to his body on my lap.

“...”
“I see no reason to not do things I’m comfortable with.”

He steadily looked forward. Was that double-standards?
No, shouldn’t be. Just him being very clear with his likes and dislikes.

“Show me the comic later. I’m curious how the scene played out from your view.”
“Can I not?”
“No.”
“Aren’t you awkward, looking at a comic when you know it’s your own story?”
“Too curious about your thoughts.”

At least Haru hadn’t included my dating system.
I would maybe tell him about that one day, all of it. At least that was the plan.

Mizuki designed his character to look so painfully average that my face fell when I lifted my gaze to the screen.

“Why are you making him look like this?”
“Why not? It’s troublesome to stand out.”
“It’s a game! It’s such a shame to not design your character to be super cool!”

Mizuki’s chuckle had me humming in an inquiry.

“What? What’s wrong with what I said?”
“If I cared that much about looks, you’d have a problem.”
“Why do you have to hit where it hurts?!”

His long fingers moved again. The unnamed character changed, taking on a startling resemblance to me.

“Happy now? I’ll be staring at you whenever I play.”
“...”

I mutely buried my face in his neck again.
Can’t talk, can’t talk right now. I’m pretty sure my face is on fire… ♥(ノ´∀`)

By the time I had my wits together again, Mizuki was through the tutorial. I showed him some tricks and suggested how to place his attribute points and we spent a bit over three hours just grinding away at the game.

Sometimes I controlled the character, then he’d lean back and snuggle into my arms, or he’d play and I would watch him.

I was so lazily comfortable, I let me guard down.

The door was slammed open, a voice full of vitality booming through the room in the midst of me trying a boss. The character instantly died as I squeaked, jolting back and not healing.

“Mizuki, you lazy ass! Come and- ah?”

The beauty running into the room was like a female version of Mizuki, with a boyish charm despite her curved figure. She wore a high ponytail swaying down to her shoulder blades and her vivid eyes were of a brighter blue than her obviously blood-related brother’s.

Mizuki was rigid in my arms.
With every bit that the fascinated, curious and teasing aura of the girl rose, did Mizuki’s annoyance bleed more out of him.

I was sorely tempted to set him down from my lap and flee.

“Hmmm? What’s that? Hi, hello, hey there!”
The girl approached me… us with jumping steps, eyes wide as her grin. She was the very picture of not being hostile, but I shrunk back anyway.

“Didn’t know that frozen brother of mine had found a sweetheart! How come I didn’t know that, hm? Moreover, it’s a guy, and that after you’ve always denied all possibility of playing submissive~”

She poked Mizuki’s shoulder and I leaned back, holding back tears. I was getting frostbite.
“Were you embarrassed, hmm? Hey, Mizuki, you could have introduced your crush to us~”

Mizuki-Sister, please stop iiit~!

Can’t you tell your brother is freezing the room? That’s probably just what she wanted to happen, I could imagine Mizuki usually not having too many reactions to her teasings.

Right now he was setting the laptop aside and was dangerously crawling off the bed. His sister retreated with a broad grin, then ran to the door.

“Muuuuum! Daaaad! Mizuki brought his boyfriend homeee!”
“Shut up!”

He roared at her and sprinted after her figure vanishing around the corner. I heard her squeal in delight and Mizuki curse, very unhappy at being in such a disadvantageous situation.

From my own experience with Risa, that girl must have liked tickling all kinds of reactions out of Mizuki, who had made it his task to not react. Since she had encountered such a great opportunity, she’d milk it completely and even Mizuki shouldn’t be safe from the awkwardness of your parents meeting your boyfriend.

There was a lot of clattering that felt like all the more reason to not move an inch until two faces glanced into the room. I twitched.

“Nice to meet you”, the man said, sporting a friendly looking face and warm atmosphere. Mizuki had a lot of his appearance, but much more of his mother’s aura.

The woman was dressed in a suit, black hair and eyes like Mizuki, and a polite and strong look to her. She dragged her husband back at the collar before he could run over to me.

“He looks shy, don’t frighten him.”

I’m being treated like a rare animal. Again.

Perfect timing. Mizuki's family:
The youngest sister who loves teasing him, the other younger sister with social anxiety, the overly happy-go-lucky father and serious mother.
Hint: Mizuki has a lot of his mother. Hehe.

Mizuki's theater:

Father: "It's!!! A!!! Boyfriend!!!!"
Mother: "Stop trying to run over."
Father: "Buuuuuut-"
Mizuki: "...Oh god."
Mizuki: "(My father is Riku without anxiety.)"

102