Volume 01 Prologue
11.5k 27 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the hospital room, there is a young man at the age of around 23 is lying on the bed. He is a good-natured young man with a bright future ahead. But that bright future changed on his 20 years of age.


 3 years ago,

At night, a dark-haired young man is walking through the neighborhood while reading the latest chapter of Sousei no Onmyouji.

"Damn, it never feels old to see the interaction between Rokuro and Benio," he smiled a little. He was remembering the first time he met his girlfriend.

"We were also like them when we met for the first time, huh?" he thought. He then noticed a young girl around the age of 10 was trying to cross the road alone without looking at the lane. The coincidence of a truck is also coming with the speed.

As a good-natured young man, he couldn't just stand there and let the girl die in his watch. He quickly runs toward the young girl and pushed her out of the way. But he didn't have time for himself to dodge and got hit by the truck.

Luckily or rather, unluckily, he didn't die right there. But instead, his legs got smashed to pieces and his spine stopped working. If it were some other families, they would stop caring about him right at this moment. But his family love him dearly and they had done all they can to make him live. And his girlfriend never stopped visiting and always visit him twice or thrice a week.


 Present,

"Elle, you shouldn't waste your college life by coming here whenever you free. My injuries are getting worse and worse. During the last 3 years, I can't even take you out for a date. Seriously, I am a failure as a boyfriend," the young man said while having a sad smile.

"It is okay, I don't mind. Don't you dare have negative thoughts, idiot," the white-haired girl beside him replied. She is currently putting flowers in the flower pot.

"Elle, let's break up," the young man said with a serious face.

"And like I've replied you for past thousands of times, NO! Just because you became crippled and couldn't go on dates with me, it doesn't mean I need to break up with you," she replied with a humph.

"Seriously, what did I do to deserve such a girlfriend," he sighed wryly.

At that time, the door opened and three people walked in.

"Oh, you arrived early Elle," said the middle-aged man.

"Yes, I came here as soon as I finished the lecture," Elle replied.

"You must be tired coming here with haste. I'll do the cleaning. You can sit down and take a rest," the middle-aged woman said.

"Yes, you should take the rest now that we are here, Elle," the boy at the age of around 20 said.

"Sigh, I will take a rest now," Elle finally gives in.

"I don't know how to repay you for taking care of my idiot brother," the young boy said.

"Hey! I am still here you know. You shouldn't talk to your brother like that, Troy."

"But you are still an idiot. Oh, and here you go. The light novels you ordered just arrived. Can I read the title?" Troy asked.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Let's see. Kuro no Maou, Katahane no Riku and… Isekai Nonbiri Nouka? The theme is different from the two before. And all of them are isekai. Wait, didn't Katahane no Riku was released in 2014?" Troy read out the novel titles.

"Hey, those are not that different!"

"Of course, a mature theme like war and gore is not too different from Slice of Life like Isekai Nonbiri Nouka. Like your brother said you are an idiot, Owen" Elle snide from the side.

"Well, I saw the manga of that LN and is going to try it out," Owen replied.

"And look at here, I got Caren with a ticket," Owen said while showing his FGO servant list.

"Goddammit, you are making me angry!" Troy replied angrily. And so, the bickering between two brothers continues.

After an hour or two later, his family said goodbye and went back to their home. After an hour later, his girlfriend too left to go back home.

"As I thought, it took a lot out of my energy. Seems like I don't have much time," he muttered. He is fully aware of his body breaking down. He tried to stay as nothing happened because of his family and girlfriend.

At that time, the world around him turned grey and a person appeared. He is wearing a long grey scarf and a black business suit. He is holding a book in his hand.

"Hello, it is nice to meet you. My name is Noir. And I am here to guide you to another world," the man gave Owen a bow. Then he saw a LN named Isekai Nonbiri Nouka on top of the table beside the bed.

"I now understand that you wish to live a slow life in your next life. Don't worry. I will make it happen. You will be reincarnated in the Count family who have large land in possession," the man said.

"Wait, wait, isn't it too sudden? And if possible, I would like to say goodbye to my family," Owen quickly tried to understand the situation.

"No, it is not sudden. You do understand that your body is breaking apart, right? You are going to die tomorrow. And no, it is not possible. I am a very busy man and I am making time for you by stashing away five other people to deliver because I can't bear to watch the way you are living. Moreover, you already had letters prepare for them, aren't you?"

"Is that so? Wow, you must be a very good guy to prepare for me like that. Can you please let me have some last moment here?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"In this life, I tried my best to become good-natured so that my parents can be proud of me. And look where it leads me? A crippled who can't even go to the toilet on his own. But I will not become goody two shoes in my next life. I am going to become a count, right? Then I will become the most fearsome and vilest evil lord that people are going to fear whenever they heard my name," Owen thought with a resolution.

"I am ready," he said after placing letters for his family, girlfriend, and close friends.

"Then let us start. You will get your memories back on your fifth birthday," Noir then proceed to pull out the soul from the body and put it in the bottle he has.

"Fufu… fuhahahaha! Did he think that he is the only poor soul? There are many who had worse than him," he then took the letters and burned them without leaving the ash.

"I wonder how will his family react when they heard that their son died suddenly and left no goodbye for them. Ah, those face full of despair, I am sure I will get more energies from them," he then tried to leave.

Without him knowing, there is an old man watching him from the above. The old man sigh and shook his head. He waved a hand and a ball of light flew without Noir knowing and attached to the soul inside the bottle.

This marks the end of the man named Owen Frost and the start of the new page.

I got an idea to write this fanfic after reading "I'm the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire!"

You can say that I was inspired from it.

The starting might be somehow similar. And after thinking for a while, I had decided not to remove the guide from the original novel and add him with the different name.

And I highly recommend that novel. It was fun to read.

158