Chapter 55 : It’s Not Fair
848 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, the two of you are childhood friends and from the same squad of some illegal Honkai extermination group?" Himeko sighed and recounted what the two said.

Both Urien and Fu Hua nodded at the same time, "Yes." Theresa who got the gist of it just stared at them weirdly.

"So, the two of you are just childhood friends," Mei just smiled brightly and went back to the kitchen. But from the look of it, she won't let it go easily. She is just pretending because she doesn't want to cause trouble for Urien in front of many people and Urien knows that.

"I shouldn't make her wait any longer," Urien thought after seeing how Mei acted. She was always thinking about his well-being or his sake.

"Now, now. We are here for the party. Let's forget about this," It was Theresa who came to save him from being interrogated by the girls.

Urien noticed that Kyuushou just looked at him from afar with a smile on her face. "Definitely, creepy," he thought. "It was as if she knew all about me and decided to watch the drama from the sideline," he continued.

"Well, then mind telling us why the two of you are fighting and screaming like the enemies if the two of you were comrades?" Himeko raised her eyebrow. It looks like she isn't going to let this matter off easily. They are surrounding the dining table, waiting for the food to arrive.

Both Urien and Fu Hua looked at each other. Then, it was Urien who answered first. There is no use lying to her since he knew Himeko would know immediately if he lied. Well, his HIMEKO at least. He doesn't know about this one but it's better safe than sorry.

"I killed the captain of our squad," he answered. That was the truth. HIMEKO was the captain of Squad 9 of Fire Moth and he killed her.

"What?!" Kiana screamed and Fu Hua just closed her eyes. She got a gist of what Urien was trying to do.

"I mean, she can't be saved anymore," Urien just shrugged his shoulders with a 'meh' expression on his face.

"What do you mean can't be saved anymore?" Kiana tilts her head, not understanding what Urien meant.

"What he meant was that our captain had partly turned into a Honkai Zombie by the time we arrived," Fu Hua answered while adjusting her glasses.

"Oh," Himeko nodded and didn't proceed to press on further. She had already overstepped her boundaries since she asked about their past.

"So, class monitor hated Urien because he killed your captain?" Kyuushou asked them with a knowing smile on her face. She had heard about Urien's past life from his Herrscher Consciousness. Of course, she knew what he did back then.

Listening to her question, others didn't notice that she wasn't acting like a chuunibyou as all of them are waiting for Urien's answer.

"Yes, I did," it was not Urien who answered but Fu Hua did. "I hated him, blamed him, and wanted to do nothing more with him," she continued. "But… later, I realized that he was hurting more than I was," she just sighed.

"Food is ready!" as, in a timely manner, Mei arrived from the kitchen with plates in her hand. Bronya was also helping her with the plates.

Others just forgot what they were doing and waited for Mei's food to come. "Saved by food," Urien thought, not wanting to tell more about their past relationship.

"What are you doing for your birthday, Urien?" Mei asked him while they were eating.

"My birthday?" Urien tilts his head.

"It's already July," Mei stared at him.

"Wait… it's already that time? Man, time flies, eh? It's already a year since the two of us know each other," Urien smirks to which Mei smiled back.

"Get a room, you two!" Kyuushou jokes with them from the side.

"No!!! Mei-senpai is mine!" An angry Tuna shouted from the side.

"Sigh… even kids who are 10 years younger than me have lovers. And here I am, still searching for one," Himeko… is drunk again.

"Wait… Urien and Mei?" Fu Hua looked at the two, still shocked because of the revelation. She looked hard at Urien, thinking how could he date the girl who looked just like his best friend's girlfriend.

"Uh… kind of?" He replied while rubbing the back of his head.

"Damn it," Urien's eyes widened because he heard her cursing. "I am too old for this," she muttered but Urien can still hear it. "Major Himeko, can I have some of your drinks?" Fu Hua asked our resident drunkard.

"Hmm? Sure, but just for today," Himeko easily let her drink. She never thought that the uptight class monitor would ask her for a drink after meeting the young man in front of her.

Just like that, the dining party went on peacefully without any more mishaps. After the meal, Urien played some games together with Bronya. Mei joined from time to time and Kiana was totally owned by Bronya in a fighting game.

It became late at night and it was time for Urien and Fu Hua to go back to their own dorm. Mei walked them toward the door as the others were wasted.

"Thank you for walking us back, Mei," Urien thanked the long-haired girl.

The girl shook her head. "It was no problem, Urien," she replied with a smile.

Looking at the two, Fu Hua, who knows how to read the mood, nodded silently. "I will be going first," she said and disappeared into the night.

There was an awkward silence between Urien and Mei. "So, Mei…," it was Urien who spoke first. "Are you free tomorrow?" he asked.

"Sunday… Yes, I am free," Mei nodded, confused by his question.

"That's good," Urien sighed. "So… Do you want to go on a date tomorrow?" he asked while scratching his cheek.

Mei's eyes widened in surprise. "Of course!" she nearly screamed out but controlled herself. It has already been over 6 months since the two of them had time for themselves.

"Oh, then let's meet at the clock tower at 10 in the morning?" Urien discussed the time they will be meeting.

Mei thought for a while and nodded, "Sounds good!" This time, her face is not gloomy like back in the dining room.

"Well, see you tomorrow," Urien said goodbye and returned back to his dorm.

"You are such a lady-killer, Urien," on his way back, he heard a voice coming from behind and he knew who it was without looking back.

"That was the only way to calm her down," Urien replied and turned around to look at his ex-comrade.

"You've changed a lot," Fu Hua nodded, looking him up and down.

"And you too," Urien smirks and replies.


The two of them arrived back at Urien's dorm room. Fu Hua jumped into the room from the window as she didn't want anyone to know that she visited the boy's room late at night. Luna prepared tea for both after they returned.

"Thank you for staying alive all these years, Fu Hua" Urien thanked her while drinking the tea. He just doesn't bother to keep secrets from Luna, so he just talks with Fu Hua about what he needs to say.

"And I thank you for coming back," Fu Hua also thanked him with a smile on her face.

"How are you still sane after all these years?" Urien asked first. It was the question weighing in his mind.

"Well, I have Fenghuang Down to put away some of my memories to keep myself sane," Fu Hua replied while taking a sip.

"Hmm… by putting away, you mean?"

"That's a secret!" she replied with a smirk to which Urien snorted. "How about you?" she asked about Urien.

"I was reincarnated in a different Bubble Universe," he sighed, still don't have any idea about his reincarnation.

"I see," Fu Hua nodded and continued to take a sip of the tea prepared by Luna.

"Born between Otto Apocalypse and Kallen Kaslana of that Bubble Universe," he added, making Fu Hua cough because the tea went inside the wrong pipe.

"You?! Son of Otto?!" Her eyes widened as she asked.

"Yup!" He replied with a popping p sound.

"Well, I can see the resemblance," she nodded and easily accepted what Urien said.

"My turn…," this time, Urien's tone is serious. "Did you know that SAKURA was carrying my child?" he continued.

"She what?!" Fu Hua's eyes widened in shock and shouted out loud. But fortunately, the room is soundproof.

Urien nodded. "Yeah, I was informed about it last month, and… it made me want to punch my past self," he sighed. "If only I could have realized my mistakes sooner," his head hung down. That news still makes him blame himself.

Sighing, Fu Hua pushed her chair closer to Urien. She put both of her hands on Urien's cheeks and raised his head to stare into his eyes. The two of them stared at each other for a while, neither side said anything.

The class monitor closes the distance between them and kisses Urien on his lips, making him stunned by the action.

She gently put her forehead on his. "It was not your fault, Urien. Don't keep blaming yourself for it," she whispered. "I am sure SAKURA doesn't want you to blame yourself for it," she continued.

"I will be going now," she stood up and jumped down from the window, leaving the stunned Urien. He was stunned because he thought she hated him.


After jumping down from the window, Fu Hua muttered, "It's not fair."

Even though she loved Urien, she took a step back because he looked happy with HIMEKO. After HIMEKO died, she blamed him for her death. But a small part of her was happy. Because she will be able to get URIEN for herself. But, she was too late. There was another person standing beside him. That person was very supportive of him, tried to understand him, and tried to stay there for him.

"It's not fair. I saw him first," was what she muttered when she saw the two of them walking out of the same house. She knew she was too late for her confession. While she blamed and screamed at him for their Captain's death, the other girl stayed together with him in his darkest times.

And then she was informed of SAKURA's death, making her raise her hopes more. But it seems like fate was giving her a middle finger. URIEN became a Herrscher and came to his comrades with the request of killing him. Just like that, she was too late for her confession.

Now, after seeing him again thousands of years later, she thought she would finally have a chance. But, he already has someone. "Heh," she snorted. "Seriously… life really is unfair," she wiped the tears coming down from her eyes.

But this time, she won't step down. She had lost him once. But this time, she will move forward with large strides. So, she will begin her attacks starting today.

Well, that happened. Fu Hua was waiting for MC, but Mei snatched away from her even before she had a chance. Poor her.

Mei... she might be a Yandere, but she still cares for Urien and will not make trouble for him in public.

Thank you, Akira-chan, for the illustration of the Urien and Bronya pair. They look amazing. Especially Bronya with her HOMU doll.

Spoiler

[collapse]

20