Chapter 56 : Warmth
897 9 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Urien woke up as something moved beside him. Opening his eyes, he looked at the side to meet with the sight of Fu Hua sleeping beside him. It was strange for Fu Hua to crawl inside his bed but he got used to it by now since Kyuushou sometimes crawled inside his bed whenever she felt like it.

He just sighed and pulled her a little closer. It was nothing for them since they were used to sleeping together in his previous life. Working as the soldiers taught them the way to sleep anywhere, on the ground, on the tree, and even on the land filled with Honkai Beasts. And they didn't divide between men and women when sleeping. So, yeah… he was used to sleeping with HUA.

And he thought she was doing this because she missed him. After all, it was over thousands of years for her while it was only 19 or so years for him. He doesn't mind such skinship. After all, getting all shy because of such little skinship is for the weak.

But Fu Hua was grinning inside her mind. After all, she said her attack will start today and she meant that. And her plan works! She snuck inside his bed to sleep as soon as she realized he fell asleep. Although the maid saw her coming into his room from the window, she just raised her eyebrow and proceeded to do her job.

Fu Hua sweatdropped at her nonchalant attitude. "Will Urien will be okay with a maid like that? She didn't even have a reaction when someone breaks into her Master's room," she thought. But she silently thanked the maid.

With nothing unusual happening, Urien closed his eyes and went back to sleep. Seeing an opportunity, Fu Hua wrapped her arms around him and pushed herself closer to Urien. Just like that, the little bird slept through the night peacefully after thousands of years of nightmares.

*Chirp!* *Chirp!* *Chirp!*

Both Urien and Fu Hua woke up to the sunlight shining on their faces. It was Luna who pulled the curtain to let the sunlight shine into the room.

"Please wake up, Master, Lady Fu Hua," Luna started. "It is already 8:30 in the morning," she continued while opening the window.

*Yawn!*

"Morning, Luna," It was Urien who got up first.

"Good morning to you too, Master," Luna nodded and went back into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

"How come you are in my bed, Fu Hua?" Urien asked the girl? sitting on his bed.

"Nothing, I just felt like sleeping with you again," she smirks and gets up from the bed as well. "I will be going back now. See you later," and without letting Urien say anything, she jumped down from the window.

"What's up with her?" Urien scratched his head. Even with two lives worth of experiences, he still couldn't understand women.

After having breakfast prepared by Luna, he took a shower and prepared himself for the date. He doesn't know what to do but he was sure he'll just be looking around the shops with Mei.

And his guess was proven true with Mei also didn't have any idea on what to do on this date as both of them are new to this area.

The two of them walked around the shops and tried some desserts. He bought a hair clip for Mei as the shape of the bunny clip looks great on her.

Some students saw the two of them going around the shopping district while holding hands but they moved on like it was none of their business. And most of the students didn't remember Urien because he was wearing the glasses given to him by Mei on his birthday last year. Yes, glasses are the best for disguise.

Just like that, the two of them ended their date in the evening. All in all, it was a fun day for both of them and the date ended with a kiss… on the forehead by Urien. Mei is still shy about kissing in public and both of them know that their friends are stalking them right now. Unless they want to unleash the angry Tuna, they shouldn't do anything more than that.


A week passed and today is his 17th birthday. The girls invited him to their dorm to celebrate it together with them. So, he went to their dorm at 10 in the morning with Luna following him from behind. He got some weird stares as he was going to the female dorm but nothing troublesome happened because Himeko was there to pick us up.

"Happy birthday, sugar," it was Himeko who said that.

"Oh, thank you, Himeko-sensei," Urien rubbed the back of his head, not used to referring to Himeko as a teacher. Well, she was wasted every time he saw her when he visited the girls, so it was hard to see the woman as the teacher. But according to the girls, Himeko is a great teacher, so it was not his place to judge her.

When he got into the room, he was greeted with many varieties of food and drinks. "You guys really go all out, huh?" Urien sighed after seeing the food.

"It was Aunt Teri's idea!" Kiana immediately throws Theresa under the bus.

"Thank you, Principal Theresa," Urien nodded. They are in public now and both of them agreed to keep their relationship a secret. This is the second year he has celebrated his birthday without his parents. But… looking at the scene in front of him, his heart filled with warmth. He was happy that people who treasure him existed in this world.

"Happy birthday, Urien," It was Theresa who came near him and gave him a glass of bitter melon juice to drink.

Looking at Theresa's hopeful face powered up with puppy eyes, Urien can't help but look for help. But no one is on his side. Even Mei and Fu Hua looked away when his eyes landed on them. Kyuushou gave him a thumbs up while sipping the iced coffee.

With no way out in sight, Urien closed his eyes and nose and drank the juice in a single gulp. The aftertaste of bitterness is still apparent in his mouth. But looking at the smile from Theresa made him think it was worth it… or did you really think that? It was nowhere enough with just a smile! The bitterness is killing him.

It took him a cup or two of wine to wash out the bitterness of the bitter melon juice. No way in hell he is going to drink it again.

After that, the party went on as nothing happened. "Hmm… this is good," Urien muttered while eating the pizza toast.

"Of course! I was the one who made that!" a wild Tuna appeared beside him and snorted in a haughty manner.

"Is that so? I mean, wow… it really is good," Urien praised her while stuffing another one into his mouth.

"I almost forgot," Fu Hua walked near them as she saw Urien stuffing food into his mouth. "He likes pizza very much," she added.

"Urien… likes… pizza," Mei was writing that down on the note. Fu Hua facepalmed as she just gave her rival a new idea on how to please Urien.

"My stinky old man can make it better," Kiana nodded in a pleased manner.

"Is that so? *Munch* *Munch* I really want to meet him one day *Gulp*," Urien replied while eating the pizza toasts non-stop.

"Oh yeah… talk about my stupid old man and pizza toast, there was that one time he made the toast burnt while trying to heat it with his gun," Kiana said as she spoke fondly of the memory.

It made Urien freeze up and look at her. "Kiana… your father is a Kaslana, correct?" he asked.

"Hmm…? Why are you asking such an obvious question?" Kiana tilts her head, not understanding why he asked.

Urien then turned his head toward Theresa who was listening to them from afar. "Principal… Kiana's father's guns… they are Judgement of Shamash, correct?" Urien asked her in a spine-chilling tone.

"That is correct. Why?" Theresa nodded.

"Oh no…," Fu Hua's face went pale when she heard that.

"There is that one time that stinky old man of mine used that gun to heat the bathwater," Kiana added her father's another dumb way of doing things.

Fu Hua put her hands on Kiana's shoulders. "Kiana…," she started.

"Yes, class monitor?" Baka Tuna tilts her head, not knowing why the class monitor is looking at her with a frightened look.

"Please don't try to kill your father more than this," Fu Hua added.

Not knowing what the bespectacled girl meant, she looked at Urien who was having a murdering look. The aura surrounding him is frightening.

"Kiana," he started.

"Gulp… Yes?" she answered in a frightened tone.

All the aura around him vanished and Urien turned around to look at the white-haired girl with a beaming smile on his face. "Do you mind if I kill your father?" The smile was so sweet and bright that she almost agreed on the spot.

"Of course, I do!" Kiana replied with an angry tone, making the others sigh in relief. Others might take it as a joke but Theresa and Fu Hua didn't. Theresa because she could feel bloodlust all over him and Fu Hua because she knew the reason why he got angry.

"I still need to beat him up! You can do anything you wish after that," the dumb Tuna added making others pray for Siegfried.

Urien grinned evilly. It was a grin that would make most evil lords look in awe. "You got yourself a deal," he nodded. Poor Siegfried was put inside Urien's hit list because of his daughter's remarks.

The rest of the birthday party passed without any mishaps. But… Himeko got wasted like usual. Saying goodbye to the rest of them, he went back to his dorm, plotting for the suffering of Siegfried.

Well... nothing much to say in this chapter except one thing. Let's pray for Siegfried! He has a good daughter who pushed him near death's door.

Yeah... have some SoL before more actions. You'll need it.

18