Chapter 59 : Theresa’s Pettiness
1.4k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping inside the principal's office, Urien looked at the smug face of Theresa. Whatever happened to her, she must be very pleased with the sight she saw back when they were talking over the phone.

"Yo, Theresa! What's up with that smug face?" Urien asked her even though he knew the reason.

"Hahaha!" The girl in question snickered like a villain. "That cow tits, acting high and mighty when she met me back there. She finally got what she deserved," she answered.

Urien, seeing such a reaction from the girl, sweatdropped at her pettiness. He thought she was happy because the other person did something terrible to her. But in reality, she was just jealous of that person's big breasts.

"Where are the girls?" He asked after deciding to ignore Theresa's pettiness.

"Kiana is resting after her training, Mei and Bronya are sleeping in the medical bay, Fu Hua is training and Kyuushou is sleeping right there," Theresa replied as she pointed at Kyuushou who was sleeping at the corner of the room.

Looking at Kyuushou, he thought back to the time she showed him her powers, her absolute control over her Herrscher powers. The way she used them, it was like she was used to the powers, or at least she had seen how the powers were used perfectly.

But… she also trusted enough to use those in front of him. Because of that, Urien doesn't know what to think about it. He obviously doesn't understand much about her. Why was she there when he arrived in this world? Why did she accept to live together with a stranger?

From what Urien could think, he doesn't have a memory of how he got into this world. And his Herrscher consciousness, his partner, told him that one of his sealed memories of his is about how he arrived into this world.

He recognized Hyperion immediately when he saw it… was that related to one of his sealed memories? He doesn't know. But, he needs to put some of his trust in Kyuushou if he wants to work together, for that, he was sure about it.

"Let her rest for a bit," Urien sighed. "She had done a lot today," he added while putting a blanket on Kyuushou.

"I understand," Theresa nodded. "So, what happened to the clone?" she asked, trying to look like an actual principal but failing because of her height and child-like body.

"Dead," Urien answered as simple as that.

"I see," Theresa nodded. She still can't understand why people from Anti-Entropy let the woman make the clones of their Sovereign.

"Well, he was killed by the original, so I didn't do anything except injure him," Urien added.

"Wait… the Sovereign of Anti-Entropy was here? At St. Freya Academy?!" Theresa immediately stood up on her chair, slamming both of her arms onto the desk.

Looking at his niece, Urien nodded. "I mean, he was a pretty chill dude," he nodded sagely. He had only talked with the 1st Herrscher for a while but it was a pleasant talk.

"Will he be a threat to the academy?" Thersa's gaze didn't leave Urien. She is serious this time. The Herrscher from the rival faction was in her school yet she didn't know anything about that.

She may act like a child instead of an actual principal sometimes but when the real problem arises to threaten her students, she will become very serious and show you the reason why her strength rivals the S-rank Valkyries.

"No, I think not," Urien finally answered after looking at the serious look on Theresa's face. "I mean, you've met the 1st Herrscher back in the 2nd Honkai Outbreak, haven't you? Tell me what you think about him? Did he look like someone who would hurt children?" Urien asked. "Well, aside from the 2nd Herrscher, of course," he added after thinking for a while.

"Yeah… He isn't someone who will hurt children just because they are from the rival faction," Theresa nodded. "I will trust your judgment, uncle," after looking at his expression, Theresa finally nodded and decided to trust his judgment.

"So, tell me what happened to the girls during their mission," Urien asked, Luna appeared out of nowhere and poured a glass of tea for him. Although staring weirdly at her, Urien said nothing and drank the tea. He stopped questioning her perfectionism a long time ago. "Even time can't stop her perfectionism," he muttered in his heart.

"It was Judgement-Class Honkai Beast, uncle," Theresa sighed and opened the umbrella given to her by Luna.

Urien spits out the tea he was drinking directly toward Theresa but all of them are stopped by the umbrella. She flashed a thankful look toward Luna who took back the umbrella.

"What do you mean by the Judgement-Class?! Isn't it too early for you guys to get one?" Urien inquired.

"I knew you would ask, so I've made the file regarding that Honkai Beast," Theresa answered while giving him the file.

Taking the file, Urien read the content carefully. His eyes widened at the appearance date of the first Judgement-Class Honkai Beast. "Goddammit, MEI!"Urien suddenly screamed. Thankfully, Luna had already put earplugs inside Kyuushou's ears so that she wouldn't wake up.

"I tried to stop you because I knew it would end like this," he gritted his teeth. He knew about project EMBER. After all, MEI and URIEN had a fight regarding this project. He opposed it because it's not worth taking a risk but MEI wanted to continue with the project.

Looking at Urien who is cursing at one of his best friends, Theresa sweatdropped. But more importantly, she reached another conclusion. "He knew the reason why the Judgement-Class Honkai Beast like Chiyou appeared," she thought.

"And he knew Judah, got angry when hearing how Siegfried treated Judgment Of Shamash and knew the girl sealed inside the 12th Divine Key," she stared intensely at Urien. "Divine Keys were made in the Previous Era… As I thought, my uncle knew about the Previous Era to a frightening degree. It was as if he lived through that era," she continued.

After cursing MEI, Urien finally calmed down and continued looking at the file. "I see," he muttered. "So, the girls were able to defeat the Honkai Beast with some help from Anti-Entropy," he put down the file and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Yes," Theresa nodded.

"Then, what happened to Himeko-sensei?" the male whitehead asked.

The principal couldn't do anything but sigh and shook her head. "I put her in the hospital and still sleeping after 6 hours had passed. From what I heard from the doctors, the Honkai Energy is slowly invading her body," Theresa slowly replied.

Urien was silent the whole time. This is not the first time he heard someone was about to die because of poor Honkai adaptability. But… this is Himeko he was talking about. Even if she is not his HIMEKO, it would leave a bad taste in his mouth. "How much time does she have left to live?" he asked after heaving out a breath, not wanting to be too emotional about it.

"Two years… Three years at most," Theresa replied. She really doesn't want to lose Himeko. But… the woman is not the type to let others do the job. She'll also join the fight to protect the girls. If she keeps using Honkai Energy, her body won't last long.

"I see," Urien nodded heavily. This body of his is immune to Honkai Energy radiation. It was the result of his father, Otto Apocalypse's experiment. So, he thought, "If I can return back to my home in 3 years, I would be able to save her," he bit his thumbs nail.

"How about asking for help from the Overseer?" Urien asked.

"Grandpa? That might work but I don't trust him enough to ask for help," Theresa replied to which Urien nodded. He knew that Otto Apocalypse's counterpart from this world is not trustworthy.

"So, we are back to square one," Urien sighed.

"There is another reason why I don't trust him," she added.

Urien raised his eyebrow and looked at Theresa strangely. It is not a secret that Theresa doesn't trust her grandpa. But, to think that there is another reason… "Yes?" he asked her to elaborate.

"Kiana… she is… not the real Kiana Kaslana," Theresa grabbed her head with both of her hands.

"What?" Widening his eyes, Urien muttered.

A short and boring chapter of the discussion between Urien and Theresa. I want to add more time skips, but I had skipped enough already. So… let's roll with this.

Thank you, Alex Romera, for the Semi-realism illustration of PE URIEN.

Spoiler

[collapse]

21