Chapter 2 – Freedom
507 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 - Freedom.

"Finally," I said as I was freed, letting out a sigh of relief.

"aww, I liked her that way" Yuna said with a sad tone while lying on the bed stomach down playing with her feet in the air. 

"don't pretend you don't like it" he said and smiled at me. 

I made a displeased face. 

“well.. Bleh.. Let's just eat. " I said. 

" Sure, just dig in ladies, " he said with a smile. 

 

We got up, and moved to the table. 

Yuna got up super fast, smacked my ass and sat down by the head of the table. 

I’ll probably say this a lot but, fucking bunnies.

 

" hey, did you see her? " I said. 

" what? What she do now? " Daeron said

" She's just grumpy, don't mind her," Yuna said snarkily and waved her hand as if, eh

I sighed. 

I sat down next to Daeron by the table and mumbled to myself 

"I'll get you back for this damn rabbit" while Yuna just kept smiling at me.

 

We ate our buns, which was nice. 

And we had some lemon juice with them that Daeron had transmuted. 

It wasn't a big place we lived in. 

From the door, there was the bed in the corner to the left, the couch next to it going as an L from the wall, centered. 

Sort of in front of the door just by the beds end.

Then the TV and a soundsystem for TV or music. 

Not that we had a big music collection, but you gotta have a soundsystem Daeron said when we got it. 

Then there were stairs to the upper floor. 

Straight to the left of the door there were a fridge, freezer and a sink. 

Then we had a big table between the fridge area and the bed where we usually prepared and ate our food. 

To the right of the door we put our shoes, outerwear. 

There was a small shoe stand and a coat hanger attached to the wall. 

Upstairs we had a wardrobe containing enchanted clothes (and normal clothes of course, but to be honest there were very few normal clothes.) and some enchanted weapons which Yuna had enchanted for us.

 

- she was a very very skilled enchanter, which was one of the reasons we, or I, put up with her. I guess he might enjoy the girl on girl fantasy a bit even though it annoys me - 

 

A table for alchemy uses and some alchemy stuff that was Daerons. 

That was his thing and a way of income for us selling potions. 

He was very skilled at those things and the military and peacekeepers always wanted to buy from him and hire him. 

Bathroom with a rainshower which was a 3rd of the upper floor, it also had a "washingbox" as we called it, basically a box with a slime in it that eats dirt, bad bacteria and well. 

The clothes always come out clean and whole so haven't given it much thought to be honest, if it works don’t question it.

 

"Well, I better get to work" I said as I finished up. 

I walked over to the kitchen sink area, took a to go cup and filled it with coffee. 

"I'll walk with you, might as well come in to work today as well then, got a few ideas and so Daeron can get his peace with his herbs and whatever." Yuna said in a way too cute way.

"Ugh, fine." I mumbled. 

I walked over and I kissed Daeron goodbye and said "I love you" 

He hugged me and said "I love you too, take care out there and just do your telepathy if you need me. I'll be up making potions." 

I hugged him back. 

"I always come back in one piece, don't worry" I said and smiled. 

Then me and Yuna went out. 

 

Telepathy is a rather rare spell, not everyone can learn it. 

But it is a learnable spell so to speak. 

You'd have to be able to tap into the spatial magical pool. 

Or time and spatial. 

Quite a few who trained hard could tap into the spatial part though to some degree. 

The receiving end doesn’t have to know squat though.

You could also just be born with the skill in rare cases. 

 

And I could technically connect anyone with anyone they’d like so they could talk over a huge distance, the peacekeepers used me for that sometimes so our commander could check in with troops that were outside the city super quick for example.

 

"I need to make something new anyhow so I need the workstation we got at work." she said and giggled. She was probably up to something. 

 

She is a great tailor too, then she enchants the items. 

So she's made Most of my clothes, which I guess is why it's all mini skirts, short dresses, hot pants and very much cleavage showing tops… 

But the enchants are too good to not use them. 

Today I was wearing a short skirt with squares, red colours, black knee socks and a black top with a hood I could use to cover my face, but mostly just there in case I needed to do so. 

It also showed a lot of cleavage of course since Yuna made it. 

It was all enchanted, she was a rank 58 enchanter currently, which is very high.

My socks had a speed enchant, upping my speed rank quite a bit. 

The skirt had a reaction enchantment, doubling my reaction speed. 

And the top had a focus magic enchant, making it a bit easier for me to not overdo it and to well.. 

focus on spells making them stronger and making them actually do exactly what I wanted, it’s very useful since in the heat of things sometimes it’s easy to just go overkill. 

And I think Yuna snuck in an enchant that makes breasts a size bigger… 

But she hasn't admitted to it. 

I've asked her to not do that though since my boobs grew in at 12. 

Yuna herself was wearing a good looking short red sundress, sewn in at the waist and with a lot of cleavage. 

She looked really good in it to be honest.

And she also wore the same type of knee socks I had.

 

It was a foggy morning with the sun up, piercing the fog here and there. 

Our part of the town was built on top of water, so we had the sea below us I suppose. 

It was structures built from the bottom up, creating platforms where they then built structures on. 

There were 4 such platforms sticking out to the south with canals going through them where you could ride smaller boats to get places and they used boats to transport goods back and forth. 

There were also roads of sorts going by all the canals. 

With streets going in between here and there too of course where there weren't canals. 

The platforms were also connected with bridges that went high enough that smaller boats could pass in. 

They were also designed to be raisable in case the need to do so presented itself. 

The water wasn't insanely deep below us, but, I guess they expanded that way to not have to create new walls and another outer city sort of. 

They thought it'd be good for defence. 

So the majority is built on water, and about a 3rd is built on land, a castle in the middle of it just by the shore built shaped like a star with the drawbridge going south. 

It had massive towers and several layers of walls. 

Our house was located on block 4, which was the south-east such platform. 

It was by the canal running between Block 3 and 4 somewhere in the middle.

 

I raised my hand. 

A small portal opened at the tip of my finger, the size of a coin, and out came, well, I guess I could call it my familiar. 

  • Or, well, not Familiar... spirit!   -

Then it closed real fast behind her. 

A spirit wolf kind of. 

She's always been with me. 

She first came to me when I was 4 years old. 

She looked like a Wolf, shimmering in pink this time, see-through though as she was a phasing spirit, so she normally was see-through unless she interacted with the physical realm. 

She could change her appearance and colour any time she wanted though but her original form was a cute wolf shape. I’m not sure what her original colour is though, I haven’t asked her that. 

Anyway, she looked like a wolf now, but you could sort of see magical energy flying around inside her, she was made up of pure energy, so it makes sense I suppose.

No one can see her except me, Yuna and Daeron. 

My parents could also see her. 

Well, she seems to be able to show herself if I ride her, making her interact with the physical world. 

or well, if she wants to or I want someone to see her or I tell her to show herself.

She can increase in size if I just point at her and think of it. 

 

The biggest I've seen her was as big as a house, she came when some guy was grabbing me, pushing me against a wall and putting his hand between my legs. 

"filthy demihuman whore" he called me. 

It was late at night in an alley, when I was drunk and on my way home. 

I got scared and just thought of her and she appeared at the size of a house beside me, glowing red looking real horrifying and growled at the guy showing her teeth up in his face. 

He fell to the ground shaking screaming, and fumbled away eventually getting on his feet running while yelling

"m-monster! Monster! Freak! Help! Monster help!" 

I just started laughing at it. 

She can also shrink to the size of a butterfly, which is cute.

I call her Kiwi. 

When I was about 5, I asked her name and she replied she had none since I created her with my magic, so she told me to name her. 

I liked Kiwi, sooo.. 

And it just stuck. 

So she draws magic from me to appear and do what she does, or I kind of have to channel it into her which I do without even thinking about it. 

I'm basically her power source to appear in the physical world. 

She is a spirit created with my own magical energy but she lives in the spirit world when not channeled forth by me, but I do have her out almost always. 

 

Usually people summon already existing spirits and make contracts with them, so the spirits won't be out for more than a set amount of time per day. 

Some may only agree to a once a week contract. 

It depends a lot on the spirit. 

Some summon them with their own magical power, some with less magical power or no magic power uses Spirit Keys which can be bought a little here and there. 

It’s basically an enchanted key
- Not always in the form of a key, they’re just called that -
created by a summoner skilled in enchanting, or by a summoner and an enchanter working together, and it can summon forth a specific type of spirit for you to make a contract with.

The key itself is then charged with magical power by its creator, which also means that you can only have the spirit out as long as the key still has magic. 

Some were one time use, then throw away or go get it charged by someone who knows how.

And some rare keys made by very skilled crafters recharged themselves while not in use, how fast also depended on the skill and power of the creator. 

Creating your very own spirit is very very rare apparently, I haven't heard about anyone else creating one yet. 

I'm not even sure what magical school I used.

I just did it. 

 

"Kiwi, can you take me to work please?" I said. 

Kiwi nodded at me as she grew to the size of a horse below me so I'd be sitting perfectly on top to ride. 

"aaaand me to pretty pleasee " Yuna said with a smile. 

"oh right. Well, jump up." I said as I reached out my arm, but she'd already jumped and landed behind me perfectly as I had started the sentence. 

"ugh, damn rabbit. Oh, but take us to the market square first please” I said and scratched kiwi behind her ear. 

She made a pleasant woof and we took off.

14