Chapter 8 – The Savior and the Tortoise
187 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 - The Savior and the tortoise

 

---Nana’s perspective---

“Nana? Heelloo?” Herod said and waved his hand before my eyes. 

“wha-what?” I said. 

I saw with my own eyes again, I blinked like crazy for a moment.

Sort of like I needed to adjust the zoom or something.

 

Kiwi appeared before me out of nowhere. 

I hugged her.
“Oh damn, there you are!” He said. 

“You zoned out for about 5 seconds, your eyes went white and Kiwi disappeared, she scared me, she just appeared again now” He laughed a bit, as to calm himself. 

Seemed to have gotten a bit of a jumpscare.
“We gotta hurry,” I said, held up my hand and disintegrated the door silently.

“Run with me both of you” I said quickly and started running down the stairs. 

 

I cast a sound barrier around us so we couldn’t be heard, as powerful as I could muster. 

“Kiwi, take the one on the left, i’ll take the guard on the right” I held my hand on her and loaded her up with light magic power. 

Her armor began to shine, pulsating, looking like clouds were covering her with yellow lightning. 

“Herod, you charge down towards the end of the room as quickly as possible, I'll give you a boost. There’s a prisoner.” I said with a concerned tone. 

He ran beside me and looked at me the whole time as I talked while we ran down. 

He answered "Roger." in the most serious tone I've ever heard come out of him. 

 

We closed in on the door to the sanctum fast as we rushed down. 

"ready?" I said. 

Herod and Kiwi nodded. 

I started gathering energy in both hands, light magic that I drew forth. 

Ready to send a big wave of light magic with one hand, casting a purge towards the door. 

"should be enough to also just blow it open with a huge amount of magic just exploding forward." I mumbled. 

Then with the right hand ready to just throw a big light orb on the golem to the right. 

Kiwi seemed confident, Herod too as I looked at them. 

The door. 

I expanded my sound barrier the second before I yelled out 

"Purge!" as I threw my left hand forward. 

 

There was a big exploding light eating its way forward like an aimed cyclone that looked like white, light blue and yellow lightning dancing in circles with different shining colours. 

The door flew away with parts of the wall it was attached to like it was a fly I had thrown a house on. 

 

We ran in just behind my spell and I threw my orb at the golem as soon as I set my foot inside, Kiwi jumped on the other golem and phased into it. 

It looked like it melted from inside as a light shone from inside its different body parts while it just dropped to the ground while writhing as it just liquified, leaving nothing but a puddle. 

I saw the golem to the right be torn to pieces as it exploded in an explosion that looked like a lightning storm in yellow, light blue and pink. 

"I'll throw you now!" I yelled at Herod. 

He nodded as I gathered up more magic, then made a throwing gesture with my hand, sending him forward dangerously fast. 

He chanted something as he soared forward, summoning an abnormally large claymore.

"Kiwi" I said. 

She nodded, teleported forward and phased into his blade, making it radiate light magic. 

As he was a meter away, the men in robes turned around to hear him yelling "Die!" on the top of his throat, swinging his sword to cleave them all in two.

 

It was all over within seconds. 

As he'd swung the sword, they stood there with surprised faces for a few seconds. 

Then, the silent surprised faces turned into screaming ones. 

"Watch out!" I yelled

One of them threw some sort of sphere towards him. 

Kiwi reacted swiftly, spawning a magical dome acting as a barrier covering Herod.

Then jumping out, phasing into the tied down girl and teleported with her into the dome. 

The sphere exploded, letting out some sort of poison. 

The men started rotting slowly. 

Writhing in pain, screaming as they all fell apart in two, rotting, making fountains of blood for a few seconds. 

Kiwi phased out of the girl, stood over her and covered her eyes. 

She was shaking. 

I fell to my knees. 

Breathing in relief. 

 

"good" I said to myself. 

 

Herod still stood with his sword in the position it ended in after the initial swing, just breathing. Looked like he was relieved too. 

I Thought I spotted fear behind that courageous battlecry. 

Herod chanted and turned his claymore to a compact stick sort of which he put in his wrist guard. 

I sent out a dispel wave, removing all poison. 

Herod looked down. "Nana.. Nana!" 

"What Herod?" I replied. 

"She's bleeding! Slowly!" he exclaimed.

 

I levitated up, still sitting on my knees, flying over there in less than a second as I said "where?" I looked at her. 

Herod staggered back as I just closed the distance that fast. 

"th-the arm" he stuttered, a bit shocked and pointed.

"It seemed they'd tried to drain her slowly, she's still breathing though" he said, sounding a bit concerned and frightened, leaning in to look.

I held my hand over her. 

"She'll be fine thanks to you two" I said and smiled. 

 

Her wounds closed up, you could watch as skin grew in strings, closing the wound as I made more of her own tissue and repaired her. 

That spell was kinda like sewing, but with your mind. 

"ew" Herod said and turned around covering his eyes as he saw the dance the tissue started doing, as it was crawling all over the wound before looking like new.

 

"hehe, you just watched 4 humans turn into rotting blood fountains as they screamed writhing in pain, but watching my healing magic makes you say ew?" I laughed out loud. 

Kiwi shook her head. 

"I can't help it, it just.. looks so weird." he said, and couldn't help but shiver and show disgust on his face. 

"It makes my skin crawl." he said as I kept on giggling a bit. He did a few grimaces more during.

"Kiwi, what's the blood loss?" I looked at Kiwi. 

"I refilled her sort of when I took control of her body, she should be fine." She communicated. "good". I patted her on the head. 

The tortoise-girl made a sound and struggled a bit. 

Still unconscious, but maybe about to wake up. 

I stood up. 

Looked around. 

"such a mess…" I sighed. 

12