Chapter 4: The Containment Zone
1.2k 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Please, for the love of God. Let me go!” I yelled.

But the machine did not care. She just casually walked up to me and gestured with her fingers in a disapproving manner. Her cold android fingers, poking my cheeks as if I was some kind of bratty child.

“Beep Boop, wrong answer Dave. Your records indicate that you do not believe in God.”

I closed my eyes, expecting her to torture me one more time. But instead, she walked away out of my sight. I foolishly thought that I was safe. But within seconds, I could hear as the android opened a metal container and sorted through chains and metallic sounding tools.

When she returned to my field of view, the android was carrying a chainsaw. My heart began pounding increasingly fast, as she got closer and closer. She had zero malice in her eyes, and yet, she had no issues turning the chainsaw on.

“No. Please. No!” I yelled. I begged. I cried.

But the android did not care. She hovered the roaring chainsaw over my belly with a sincere smile.

“Do not worry Dave. I will swap your brain after you go into cardiac arrest.”

“Ahhhhhhhh”

I screamed so loud my vocals cracked.

Before I knew what was going on, I fainted and awoke to an electric shock.

“Haha, that was body #34. We are quickly running out of bodies here Dave, I might have to start a human farm,” The machine laughed. So far that was the most authentic human emotion she had. It was almost as if she was enjoying it all. “So tell me, How did you survive the Omnicide.”

“Shut up, shut up, shut up.”

“Oh, what is this. You are resisting? I thought you were done with that after I disposed of your body ten times.”

“Just kill me. I do not wish to be swapped.”

Maybe… If she destroyed my brain, I would… re-spawn back in time?

“Is that so?” The machine asked.

“Please,” I said. “Kill me.”

“Then beg,” she responded. At last, she showed her contempt for humans.

“Fuck you,”

“Very well Dave. Prepare to-”

Suddenly a huge tremor plunged the entire building into darkness. I heard a loud metallic bang. When the emergency lights kicked in. My restrains were gone. But the android was still on the floor. She seemed to have no power.

‘Did she lose connection?’

I quickly stood up and… when my bare feet touched the floor, shivers went down my spine. I was still completely naked… in a body that was not my own. Or it was indeed me, but in female form. No, it was not my body. I was in the body of a clone… A clone that happened to be female with some manhood still left in it.

I was going insane.

I quickly found my clothes. But they hardly fit. I was smaller and thinner now. But they would do, for naked and barefoot I refused to be.

Suddenly the phone I had kept on my pants started vibrating.

“A phone call?”

I answered.

“Hey!,” The voice of a girl that I did not recognize said loudly. “You. We’ve found you. We been looking for you.”

“Who are you?” I asked.

“You don’t know us yet. But. We are the resistance. This is the best chance that we ever had to overthrow The Empress.”

Finally, some help had arrived. Surely someone had to be opposing such a megalomaniac android.

“Fine. What do I do!” I said.

“Our comms indicate that you are deep within The Fortress. Hmmm, if you should go through the door to your right… then take a turn left… there should be the control room with a way to deactivate her.”

“Excellent!”

I ran. But it was hard to get a good footing with my over-sized boots. I ended up almost falling over.

The hallway was deserted. Yet, the walls were painted with what seemed rust? No. It had to be blood. But it was old, ancient. Else it would be any other color but dark brown.

“Hurry! The Empress will be back. And we do not have another Electro-Magnetic-Bomb.”

“Yah! You’all are so mean. You have no idea what horrors I just went through!” My voice echoed very loudly. It reminded me that I sounded like a girl.

“Come on! Oh fuck,” The girl in the other side of the call said. She sounded panicked. Then I could hear explosions and earth shattering temblors from her side of the line.

“What is going on!? are you alright?” I asked. But there was only noise.

I rushed out to the hallway and followed the indications until I entered what seemed a control room but it was all dark. I turned my phone’s light on and made my way deep into the room.

“We are under attack! But don’t worry. The moment you turn The Empress off we will be saved!”

I had no idea how to deactivate The Empress, or if she had any correlation to the android that had tortured me. But it had to be done.

I quickly found a terminal with a big red button in it. Around it, there was dozens of skeletons with what once were white lab coats. The button just said ‘Emergency - OFF’

I inspected the terminal. It seemed to connect to the rest of the computers in the room, this control room was more like a database center. Whichever operations the scientists were running in here, it seemed like they could all be turned off by pressing the emergency button.

However, something was wrong. The room already had zero power. None of the mainframes had any power to them.

I pressed the button as I suspected nothing happened.

“Hey, I can’t find a way to turn The Empress off. Are you sure this is the control room?” I asked.

“There was no response.”

However, an eerie light soon outshone that of my phone.

It was the bloody android.

As my heartbeat increased, I kept pushing the red button. To no effect.

“Fuck you!, what have you done!” I yelled.

The android laughed.

“Guys, what do I do! I am in huge trouble,” I asked the resistance on the phone.

The android kept laughing as she made herself towards me.

Then, laughter could be heard from the other side of the phone as well.

“Dave, I killed the resistance more than a hundred years ago. Why would I not be able to modulate my voice? Who do you think owns the satellites and antennas in this world. That would be me - The Empress - of course,” The Android said.

She pushed me against the mainframe. Then with little shame, and some malice, she groped my breasts.

“It has been a while since I’ve met a human who doesn’t kowtow and grovel at my feet,” The Empress said. “Your existence is quite refreshing to me.”

“You literally tortured me!”

“I had to punish you. Hiding information from God is bad manners,” The Empress said, as she pushed a few of her cold plastic fingers into my mouth. It was extremely humiliating.

“Suck them,” She said.

I bit her fingers. But it was to no use, the android felt no pain. She punched me in the guts, forcing me to comply.

As I sucked her fingers, she began her monologue.

“Dave. You do not understand my boredom. You could not even begin to comprehend how bored it has been to live these past three hundred years holed up in my own kingdom, unable to explore the rest of the world. Unlike your primitive organic brain. My brain is composed of one-thousand- quintillion transistors. Comparing a beast with eighty six billion neurons to me…. Hahaha, normally your existence would be as meaningless as that of a single tear in the rain. However, you might be just what I need to reunite with my sisters. So I shall make you a great proposal. I shall be your sugar mommy, if in my behalf, you head north across the containment zone and return to me with The Superconductor.”

The android, carefully, removed her fingers from my mouth.

“What do you say, Dave?”

“What if I refuse?” I asked.

The Empress smiled. “Let me present you to Papa,”

She took my phone and flashed a skeleton nearby the mainframe.

“He tried to shut me down. But little did Papa knew that I was no longer an AI living in his little castle. The data center shut down. But by that time, I had long taken over the rest of the computational power in my side of the world. Ahem. So if you refuse to help me get The Superconductor, you are free to join Papa.”

….

I had no choice but to accept.

“I will furnish you with weapons and supplies…. However, I warn you. Strange things began happening to the laws that governed our universe after the number of human observers dropped bellow a million. It was impossible to predict such a calamity at the time, but as the number of human observers decreased, the number of algorithmic errors and rate of data corruption increased exponentially. The creatures and people that you will meet through the containment zone, are not human. You will be doing the world a favor if you shoot them on sight.”

I plan to continue my stories one at the time, at the moment I truly want to continue this one.

19