Chapter Eleven
167 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking through the case file and evidence of a serial killer Seung Joon felt so frustrated. It was late into the evening almost reaching midnight and he was still stuck at the office.

If it wasn’t for Jinha inviting him to dinner which ended in him spending two and a half hours with So Young instead…. Thinking clearly about it, he didn’t have anything to eat and this was not ideal.

So Young also didn’t eat! Flipping through his contact list ‘So Young’… ‘Call’. As the phone started ringing for some unknown reason he suddenly felt stressed. It wasn’t normal to just up and call your ex well that only worked with his ex-wife because his kids were with her.

The phone rang three times and he didn’t answer. Placing the phone down on the desk he sighed. Relieved but also sad. Picking up the photos of a dead woman examining it.

Ten minutes later his phone rang. Out of habit, he picked it up without looking who it  was, “Hello?”

“S-seung Joon?”

“Huh?” He looked at his phone and his heart sank, “Ah, So Young sorry my mind is elsewhere.”

“No no that’s alright. I saw a missed call on my phone?”

“…”

“Seung Joon?”

“Ah~ I remembered that we both didn’t eat so I called to ask if you have eaten.”

“Yes, I did! Did you have anything?”

“…”

“You didn’t did you?”

“Yea, I’ve been caught up here at work and didn’t get the chance.”

“Did you see the time!! You need to eat why are you always so reckless?”

“I-I didn’t mean to.”

“Hyung you need to eat something.”

“I’ll have something when I’m done.”

“When will that be?”

“Later when I get home.”

“Seung Joon…”

“Mn?”

“Want me to cook for you and drop it off at your office?”

“…” he did not know what to say, this, this was a bit too sudden.

“Hyung?”

“I’m still here.”

“Shouldn’t I?”

‘He sounds sad’… “I.don’t.mind” he  answered stubbornly, “But I’ll go to your place instead.”

“Alright, alright! I’ll text you my address, make sure you get here within the next hour.”

Ending the call Seung Joon looked at his phone, the corner of his mouth lifted into a smile without him noticing.

3