Chapter 10 – New Friends?
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn’t dare come back to the room where the interviewees were sent to wait for the interviews. Who the heck would come back there after what had happened? Returning there would be like humiliating myself; knowing that I’ve been talked behind my back, it would be hard to control myself when I see their faces. They never know, I might do something else and they won’t be able to leave this building in good condition. 

… 

They would still be alive okay?! Don’t think of bad thoughts! Well, it’s not like they’re going to die or anything… Cough. 

So while I waited for the interviews, I just went to the company cafeteria. Of course, I once again asked the employees there where the cafeteria was. I excitedly followed their directions and joyfully made my way there. Nothing would beat food in my heart. I may be a heartless villain to him, but if we’re talking about food, I’ll be the ultimate puppy just to get some good food.

When I got a whiff of a salivating smell of food, my legs unconsciously quickened and I arrived at the cafeteria in a few dozens of huge steps (excuse me, of course, I was still walking elegantly if I dare say so myself).

The moment I arrived inside, I let out a delighted gasp. DAMN BOI. ezzykyoos mee! The place was so damn beautiful. Lots of different food cuisines, there was even a snack corner! OMG IS THAT POPCORN? WHAT? WHY THE HELL IS THERE A POPCORN STAND INSIDE A COMPANY? DAMN—cough

So envious. 

I immediately looked for a store that I wanted and went there. Arriving at the line before the store, I heard two employees in front of me talking softly.

Both of them looked like your typical office employees. The shorter male on the left had a grin plastered on his lips and his brown eyes lit up as he happily chatted with his companion. His brown hair bounced as he did when his companion walked forward when the line got shorter. He was wearing a white polo with his ID clipped on his left chest where a small open pocket was sewn on. He was also wearing slacks and a pair of black leather shoes. With his demeanor, he looked like a naive and pure person. 

‘Hmm... I can introduce him to Gian since he seems nice, but it seems like it will be bad for me to do that.’ I inwardly told myself as my gaze slid towards his companion. 

The other male who was standing in line, on the other hand, looked very stoic and cold, but how he treated the amiable-looking male contradicted his bearing. He was very accommodating and seriously listened to the amiable-looking guy’s every word, nodding mutely from time to time. His eyes looked very gentle as he gazed at his companion and there was even a small smile on his lips! Oh, my, g-od. His black hair was neat and was fixed to the side. He wore a navy blue dress shirt with its hems tucked in inside his black trousers. Both of the sleeve cuffs were securely buttoned and he looked very neat. His ID hung on his black lanyard.

With how they interacted, my BL senses tingled. I squealed a little inside. ‘Yeap. Though, it’s bad of me to assume, they look good together.’

It was difficult for me to not eavesdrop with me standing behind them, so I pulled out my phone and played a game. Their conversation went to different things as they continued to chat. And to my surprise, they began to talk about the interview with the newly transferred employees that were taking place within the company. I gave them a furtive glance, suddenly curious about what they were going to say. I unconsciously paid attention to their conversation. 

The stoic-looking man started. “...interview today?”

“Yeah; apparently, the applicants today are very competent, so the higher-ups decided that it’s finally time to look for assistants again.” The amiable-looking guy answered as he nodded. 

Then the stoic-looking man suddenly looked intrigued. “Oh? If that’s true…” He trailed off, halting his words before he could utter more words, suddenly looking around.

I hastily looked down and acted busy, fingers tapping a few words on the keypad. My hands trembled and accidentally lost my grip on my phone, resulting in it to fall. “Ah!” I exclaimed in shock as I attempted to save my phone from falling, though, obviously, my reaction was too late and the phone crashed. I felt myself wincing. I hope the phone won't have any cracks on the screen.

Quickly crouching to reach for my fallen phone, I tried my best to act normal and avoid gazing at the pair I was eavesdropping from. But another hand was faster to pick up my phone and handed me the fallen object. I tilted my head up and saw the friendly-looking male, his face cute. He smiled softly and kindly gave me the phone. I received my phone in a daze, clutching it against my chest. My heart fluttered at the guy’s warm atmosphere. “O-Oh, thank you…” I whispered, obviously rendered into a trance.

And then, just like a lit candle being blown by a wind, the good atmosphere was destroyed. I heard a clearing of a throat on the side and felt a shudder-inducing glance. I froze from the murderous gaze and hastily stood up, covering my face. Though, honestly, in my panic, I was genuinely sure that I slapped my hands against my face. 

Ow. The phone. Slapped to my face. Ack. 

The force I used to cover my blushing face could definitely make Gian scream profanities. Well, probably. Imagining it, maybe not. Besides, it didn't suit his CEO image. I just couldn't imagine himself screaming from a mere spank. Well… Haha...ha.

Cough. Oh. Wait—

Oh, my god. I did not just ogle at someone’s man. I did not! I—I just didn’t expect that something like that would happen. Damn it! I shouldn’t have eavesdropped!

“Ummm,” a concerned voice suddenly spoke near me, attempting to gain my attention. 

I separated my left middle and ring finger plastered on my face and peeked between the gap, looking at the cute guy. Seeing the concern on his face, I coughed harshly, leaning forward as I clutched my chest. Fuck. 

He’s a cute guy. Sad he’s taken, ah. If not, I would really introduce him to Gian! Ahhh!!!

“Ah, miss?! Are you alright?!” He exclaimed and hurriedly supported me as I fell. I felt the other’s gaze became more murderous. 

“Sorry, sorry! I’m alright!” I answered back in haste and fixed my posture. Putting my phone back inside my bag, I gave them an embarrassed smile. “Really, sorry about that.” 

The cute guy sighed in relief and took a huge step backward, letting himself stand beside the other guy. That was the only moment the icy gaze slowly morphed into a bearable warmth, and then, it felt like spring. Well, damn. It seemed like these two were a couple. 

Oh, wait. Fuck. 

I definitely did not just act like a besotted high school student meeting a handsome guy on the pavement crouching in front of a cardboard box with an abandoned animal within it and patted the said abandoned animal. And then magically, I heard what he said "Poor you, yada yada." even though he was literally out of earshot and the sounds of raindrops surrounding the area. Lastly, watching said handsome guy put the umbrella above said cardboard box and walk away like a goddamn good samaritan who was satisfied for a good deed done. Then it was the start of a roman—definitely did not. 

God damn it.

I’m an elegant woman! I’m not some kind of woman who gets infatuated when I see a handsome face! 

But, but! These two are a couple! Don’t you dare ogle someone’s man, you wench! Don’t be a villain to these two people in love! Well, they looked like a couple!

A smile from the amiable guy graced upon me and he shook his head slowly. “It’s fine.” He responded as he slightly moved closer towards his companion.

My heart just throbbed. 

I shook my head like a dog who shook its body after taking a bath. What’s with this dog food?! So, who's going to tell me they weren't a couple?!

“Ah, still.” I smiled amiably, attempting to gain a little bit of a favorable impression (though, with what happened earlier, it might be an attempt in vain). “Well, seems like we’re fated to meet.” I prattled randomly, wanting to push away the embarrassing affair from earlier. Reaching out my hand for a handshake, I introduced myself to these hotties.

“Hello, my name is Clarish—” and I bit my tongue.

… 

Dear world, I am genuinely thankful for this opportunity you were giving me to meet with these two hotties, but what I didn't want is for you to intervene and let me mess up to the point that I only wanted myself to be buried 6 feet under. I'm really thankful for you letting me fuck up this much in front of these two hotties—NOT. 

I'm really getting the idea I'm hated, but what the hell. MY GOOD IMPRESSION. GONE. THESE TWO IN FRONT OF ME ARE HOTTIES. I WANT THEM TO HAVE A GOOD IMPRESSION OF ME, AH. 

And thank you, that's my Diary Talk. Grateful for these listeners. 

… 

.. 

Fuck this shit, I’m done.


Author wants to say something:

Clarice: Now, that they knew about my unbridled badassery, why hide it further?! Hello cutie! You’re cute! Can I be you fwend (bites tongue)—fuck!

0