Chapter 1 – Arrival
147 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was in the middle of spring that I decided to come back. Though there were many uncertainties, I still planned to return.

The people I've known before must have changed, or maybe not. The places I have visited might have changed too, or maybe they’re not even there anymore. I'm not sure; I have no idea.

There might be a sense of loss.

Or maybe not.

But, there was one thing that I was certain of.

I want to meet him again, even from afar.

~~~~~

The moment I arrived home; it was already time for dinner. Dad and Mom had already contacted the people at home so there was already dinner made and my family welcomed me with open arms.

These people were my second family. Even though they weren’t connected by blood, I deemed them close as such. They were the only ones who stuck with me at the moment where I was the weakest. I treasure them.

"Welcome home, Miss Clarice!" Sir Clark greeted me as he bowed slightly. He was the butler in this mansion. Mainly, his work was to take care of me. I treat him like an uncle. He's very handsome too, with his dark brown hair and matching brown eyes.

I smiled slightly, pulling the luggage bag with me as I entered the threshold. "Hello, Uncle Clark! It's been a while!" I softly squealed as I hugged him tightly.

Uncle Clark chuckled softly as he patted my back, his voice totally calming me. He had that kind of skill, and honestly, I was very grateful. His support was one of the reasons I still have the determination to continue.

We entered the mansion as he helped me with the bag. "Ah, uncle... There's no need..." I trailed off only to stop a few seconds after when I saw uncle shaking his head. "It's alright, Clarice. It's been a while since we saw you." He patted my head. "Everyone here missed you." He smiled gently.

The people inside this mansion were people we found in the streets. I might sound hypocritical, but I told my parents to help people in need since we have the power to do so.

I never regretted this decision, because I met my second family. Although these people used this as their home and never left, my parents allowed them to. Of course, I kind of proposed to help them find more suitable jobs for them once since doing menial tasks are kind of undeserving, but they shouted their objections and asked if it was okay to continue serving us.

I was very moved and touched, I wasted no more time and immediately agreed.

I love them all very much.

Arriving at my room, uncle pushed the door open to let me enter.

My eyes twinkled in delight.

It was still the same.

The full bookshelf on the corner. The small coffee table on the middle of the room that was meticulously cleaned. The study table beside the bookshelf was still messy and no objects were touched. Though, it was surprising that I saw no specks of dust anywhere...

It was something familiar in this new world I have pushed myself into.

I turned around and grinned widely. I giggled softly. "Seems like this place hasn't changed, uncle." I said in amazement.

Uncle Clark soon followed and entered the room, pulling the bag near the wardrobe and chuckled. "Of course, Miss. We all here tried our best to maintain and retain the home you entrusted to us. It's the least we can do for you."

Somehow, I felt tears welling up. "Thank you, Uncle Clark." I thanked him with a shaking voice.

I knew coming here would be risky, and would probably cause me nothing but pain. But arriving here, in this familiar and warm place would totally heal me; although albeit slightly. I just hope that these precious people won't be implicated and hurt because of me.

"Thank you."

~~~~~

"Clarice! Good thing you arrived safely!" Mom cried in relief, her voice so loud that my ears were ringing, through the phone.

I laughed softly and reassured her once more. After talking about trivial things for a few more minutes, we decided to end the conversation in order for me to rest up.

I was sent to the bathroom with the help of my friend and maid, Alexa. Though it was unnecessary, I laughed at their antics and allowed myself to put be put under their care. After bathing, I was given a change of clothes and laid on the bed, groaning softly in relief and contentedness.

It would totally be hectic tomorrow, and I was sure that I would totally be without any rest, so I needed to give myself some reprieve and build up my strength.

I raised my arm up high as if I was trying to reach something. Though, I knew that it would be totally useless. I smiled wryly.

I gently pressed my arm on my eyes, covering them.

Let's just hope that nothing would go wrong.

Let's hope.


Edited by: Hammy

2