Chapter 5 – Running Away
77 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You would probably be asking why was I crying and being dramatic over the matter of being sent to the capital.

Well… There’s a reason for that okay…?

You would know soon enough, but it wasn’t the time for you to know yet. No, actually, you’ll know why in a few; it was not really a secret.

But before that, I was just walking around in my room, not knowing what to do.

My hands were flailing in a panic while I vented out my shock, horror, and frustrations to Alexa who was listening intently to my ramblings. 

“Alexa, he found out!” I screamed. “It’s too soon!” 

True; this was out of my expectations. The soonest I anticipated was about two months and the latest would be no later than three months. Doing my best to stay low and inconspicuous, I realized that I was too naive to think that I would stay unnoticed while doing something that would probably get their attention even quicker.

I smiled ruefully. “They act too fast. I can’t keep up.” 

I have no idea if they knew that I came back, or they were just erasing a person that would possibly hurt them, but honestly, I didn’t have any intention of doing that. My only purpose of coming back was to see him again. One last time.

Fortunately, yet at the same time, unfortunately (if that’s possible), he was not in the company because he was immediately sent to the main branch to lead there. 

This gave me a short time of reprieve, albeit a reprieve full of apprehension and cold sweat. I didn’t have any ability to know when he would come back, so the only thing I could do was to be on the lookout. Of course, doing this exhausted me. 

But now, I’m being sent to the main branch—where he was—because of reasons I didn’t know. No, that was wrong. I did know why I was being sent there.

It’s because he wanted to.

I knew it.

Working here was the beginning of my impending downfall.

~~~~~

Uncle Clark and the others heard of my situation and forbid me to go out. They knew what would happen to me if I tried taking even one step nearer to him, so they called mom and dad about this and was now speaking to them through a phone call.

“Clarice!” My mom screamed in a reproachful manner. 

I could only bow my head in silence as I listened to mom. 

“We allowed you to go back there because you wanted to.” She then took a deep, shuddering breath. 

“But we didn’t know that what you’ll be doing there is suicide!” She cried. 

“If we knew what you were going to do, we should have just caged you here. It’s better to ensure that you’ll be alive and well, even if you hate us for that.”

I sobbed softly, hearing their genuine concern for me. 

Then, I heard some inaudible noise before hearing dad’s voice; how he spoke was agonizingly strained, making my heart ache. “Clarice… Please. Please, just come back home.”

I cried. 

Dad’s voice was raw. It was excruciatingly full of emotions that I couldn’t do anything except hold my chest and gasp in pain. This was the first time I heard dad like this. Even if he was very doting, he never openly showed his emotions like this.

He always smiled, yet he never let us feel slighted nor wronged. He would always accept our antics with an accommodating smile. But this…? It was a lot to take in. It was too painful to take it all in.

“Dad, please…” I begged.

This was the only opportunity I have. Even if I would die from this decision, it would not be my parents’ nor anyone’s fault. Everything would be on me. I wouldn’t implicate people just for this idiocy of mine.

I’m selfish. 

I sniffed as I tried to calm myself. 

“Dad.” I hiccupped. “I want this.” I was determined. Either I live or die, no one would be able to stop me. 

~~~~~

Of course, even with all that drama, I was locked in. Dad didn’t allow it.

Booo…

So!

I ran away. >:D

I left my cards except for my ID; I’m with almost no money right now. Hopefully, my salary would be coming soon.

I have brought a small bag with me. Though it was mostly clothes and a few necessities. 

I looked at my phone and took a deep breath.

So, first… A place to stay. I need a place near the main branch in the capital. Sadly, I didn’t have enough money since it would only be enough for me to commute there. I need some part-time…

Staring at my phone, I contemplated whether to call or not to call.

The cold breeze made me sneeze. I slowly looked up at the dark canvas above me, exhaling softly.

Finally making a decision, I tapped the familiar numbers on my phone before holding it to my ears, hearing it ring. 

I smiled widely. 

Seemed like I would be meeting my bro sooner than I anticipated. 

Hearing the voice of my brother after a long time made me laugh softly. 

“Hey, Gian! It’s been a while!”


Same as usual! Edited by Hammy!

3