Chapter 7 – Calm Before the Storm
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 - Calm Before the Storm

Surprisingly, I was able to continue hiding in Gian’s home for a week now. And I could say that… I’ve been living well. Actually, I’m being spoiled rotten. Of course, I am not that thick-faced, so I didn’t impose too much. But, Auntie was really happy that I stayed. 

From my relationship with Gian and his parents, I thought Mom and Dad would hurriedly send Uncle Clark here to get me. Mom and Dad were close to them because Gian and I were kind of childhood friends. My running here, if I was angry or upset from the fights we have had, was the norm. However, they didn’t make a move, which was suspicious. Maybe Auntie said something to them?

I planned to look for an apartment to rent when I received my salary in my new bank account, but Auntie stopped me and told me to just stay here with them. I have thought of declining her offer, but she insisted. So, here we are again, as what I’ve said; I’m being spoiled rotten. 

The room I was given to stay was… huge. It’s something I got used to, though. I just didn’t expect that I would be given such treatment here. Shockingly, it looked similar to the room I have when I still stayed with my parents. It was kinda off-putting, and at the same time, amazing.

“Mom really liked it when you stayed here, so she tried her best to make you comfortable as much as possible when you planned on visiting again,” Gian told me. 

Yeap, spoiled rotten. Me. 

A few days after arriving here, I got an e-mail from Sir Lucas that there will be an interview with the employees sent here in the capital. Even if they were already chosen to be part of the company, an interview was still needed so that the higher-ups would be aware of our strengths and weaknesses in order to put us in the appropriate departments regardless of what we have worked on before. 

Of course, this was the event I was most terrified of.

He might be there, watching me squirm in the strings of his plans that sooner or later would most likely lead to my doom. I wanted to see him, yes. But I didn’t want it when he was livid and would want to erase me the moment he saw my face!

Considering what I wanted to do, instead of alleviating his hate towards me, I’m sure that he will hate me more. 

I gave out a resigned sigh. 

Whatever I do would anger him, huh… Whatever happens, will happen. Either way, it would certainly reach my objective. I would be totally satisfied.

Though, I think I really should find an apartment for me to stay. I’m imposing too much of Gian and his family’s kindness. Yeah. I should do that. I’ll look for a good apartment.

The interview’s in a few days, I think I could find one before that.

~~~~~

Apparently, even the smallest apartment for rent here in the capital is expensive. Oh my god. What will I do? The salary I received was totally not enough. 

I definitely won’t use the card I was given by my parents (though I said that I didn't bring my cards, that doesn't mean I would literally leave all. I still need something for emergencies, thank you very much!), because that would utterly prove that I couldn’t live by my own strength. 

Do I sink myself further into the abyss? 

To make him look my way… I don’t care anymore if it’s either in love or hate, I’ll definitely make sure that he remembers my name.

I contradicted myself again.

Further, into the abyss, we go.

~~~~~

Wearing clothes that I deemed suitable for the interview (Auntie lent me her old clothes, there were a lot), I nodded in satisfaction. 

I was just wearing a plain peach-colored dress with a white belt stuck on my waist. There was a huge ribbon on its back. I was also wearing brown colored wedge heels. I didn't wear any stockings. 

A knock on my door room resounded, making me look in curiosity before opening it. 

Auntie looked at me sternly, from top to bottom, checking what I was wearing. Harrumphing as she further narrowed her eyes. I slouched, making myself smaller, in worry and doubt. “I-Is what I’m wearing okay, Auntie?” I stuttered. 

With a judging gaze, her expression gradually changed into a convinced smile. “Surprisingly, your taste in fashion somehow improved. What you’re wearing is good. Fortunately, the company didn’t require you, interviewees, to wear corporate attires, according to the details they sent.” She nodded happily.

Hearing her verdict, I sighed in total relief. My tastes in fashion were… questionable at best, commented by the people close to me. Of course, I’m doing my best to improve them! Even if Gian said I was a lost case. Hmph! Talk about rude!

It’s not like wearing a cute shirt with a dino print is bad right?!

Then, Auntie pointed at the seat before the vanity mirror. “Go and have a seat there and I’ll put some light make-up on you.”

“Eh, there’s no need to, Auntie!”

Then, Auntie’s eyes suddenly had a dangerous glint. “Yes?”

I whimpered. 

~~~~~

Looking at the intimidating tall building before me (talk about deja vu), I audibly gulped in apprehension. This building was grander than the building in the city I was at. This looked more terrifying and menacing as I knew that this place would be the starting point of my impending doom.

Even with this knowledge, why did I still continue on, I wonder?

I smiled ruefully.

I could only blame my weak heart, I guess.

With my heart still beating rapidly, I prepared myself then entered the building.

It’s do or die.

 

1