Chapter 28
167 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you doing!?" Argen asked, surprised at Megan's behavior. The girl had seemed about to... Kiss him? Argen shook away the thought immediately, there was no way Megan would do that, after all, they were just friends.

"What does it matter... No one's around..." Megan said almost teasingly as Argen gulped, realizing that she had in fact been trying to kiss him. "So? You want to?" She asked, smiling softly as Argen inwardly sighed.

"Megan... I think of you as a friend... Nothing more" Argen said with his head down, turning away to leave.

"Really? Then what about all those times I caught you peeking? Argen, It's okay, you're growing, I don't mind it" Megan said with a teasing undertone.

Argen then widened his eyes, realizing something, "Are you... Joking?" Argen asked a small shadow casting over his eyes as Megan couldn't hold back and laughed, smiling teasingly as she admitted it.

*Swish*

Argen flashed forward grabbing Megan by the wrists and flipping her over onto the table, pinning her down faster than she could blink.

"A-Argen?!" Megan yelped as the boy stared down at her, his usual happy smile gone as he looked at her with a blank expression. "Fine... You wanted to do that right?" Argen said as his grip tightened on her wrists, causing Megan to struggle under the pain.

Argen looked over Megan's expression as his grip tightened again, leaning forward until his face was only an inch away from her's.

"A-Argen... you're scaring me..." Megan said, tears were gathering at the bottom of her eyes, threatening to fall as Argen let out a sigh and let go of her, quickly walking away.

"See?... Jokes shouldn't go too far" Argen said, leaving as Megan stayed there, her heart beating a million times an hour as she rubbed her bruised wrists. 'When did he get so strong...' She thought as she realized maybe she had taken the joke a little too far...

...

"*Sigh*... That was a bit much..." Argen thought as he was behind the Apollo cabin, all of them practicing their archery.

"What was a bit much?" Sam, hiding in a bush and watching some of the females of the Apollo cabin, said looking up at Argen's surprised expression.

"You know the Aphrodite girls swim in the lake every day right... Get your eyes away from my sisters!" Argen said, kicking the satyr, only getting a laugh from the half-goat as he scrambled up looking at his friend.

Sam had grown pretty well over the years, he wasn't as feminine as before, though still short, but he had more facial hair, now that he no longer needed to go to school after "Graduating" Sam made it a personal goal to get a girlfriend... Though his perverted habit wasn't helping much.

"Yeah, they do... But there's actually this cute naiad that sings at night at the lake. Watching her has been my favorite pastime for a bit... What about you? You feel annoyed for some reason..." Sam replied to Argen's statement as they walked and watched the archery practice.

"Man, I hate satyrs and their empathy abilities... Yeah... Just had a fight with Megan... We're fine though..." Argen said. Well, he hoped they were fine, he had gone a little far on Teaching Megan a lesson, though she did deserve it.

"Are you? I thought you were trying to get Clarisse... No way!" Sam suddenly shouted causing the entire Apollo cabin to look back at them, "Are you trying to make a harem! I can't allow it!... Unless you share" Sam said, half-serious and half-teasing Argen, who covered his face hearing his cabin mate's laughs.

"No... I just have a lot of things to do... Ya know?..." Argen's words were left there, an awkward silence settling between the two as Sam had no idea what he meant, though if his emotions had anything to do with it then it was pretty serious.

"H-Hey man... I was joking about the harem thing... You can have them all to yourself" Sam tried and failed to cheer Argen up before sighing and walking off, knowing Argen was in one of his moments where he wasn't listening, this was really the only time others would see he wasn't a happy go lucky kid, something he'd done since he was a kid, and really the main reason Sam had even known something was wrong at home.

"Hey, Argen... Didn't you say you were gonna practice with Michael today?" A kid, pretty new to camp, asked breaking Argen out of the small trance.

"Oh yeah yeah... Keep it up, guys!" Argen replied, patting the kids back and leaving the target area, running toward the cabins, completely forgetting about the earlier time with Megan...

...

"It'll be fine, Pranking is kind of Hermes's cabin thing Michael, chill out," Argen said as they held two water balloons in their hands, looking toward Percy and Annabeth who were planning what to do in the chariot race.

"Yeah, but He's the son of Poseidon and stuff... and that Annabeth girl always seemed scary" Michael replied, making Argen look back at him, his eyes rolling as he turned back toward Percy and Annabeth.

"He isn't special Michael, he's no different than any of us," Argen replied as he got ready to throw the balloon, a special formula made with the help of Hermes' cabin.

It would stick to them for at least 3 weeks, staining their skin pink the entire time.

Just as Argen was about to throw it he stopped, Annabeth jumping into the air with an angry expression on her face.

"Then do it with that Freak instead!" She yelled and stomped off as Percy sat there with an angry expression at her words, even though he thought the same about Tyson.

"Uh... Do we throw them now or?..." Michael's words trailed off as Argen rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Let's not waste our time Michael... Let's just beat him in the race, yeah?" Argen said with a smile as he looked back once more before going away. 'If everything doesn't go your way how am I supposed to hate you... So annoying'

Later that day, Megan was the first to apologize. Argen sat there as she apologized in shock, looking around and wondering if this was a famous Hermes prank.

"It's... Okay Megan, Stop taking things so serious, I did the same joke, If anything we should have just laughed it off" Argen waved away her apology with a smile as she let out a breath of relief and sat down next to him in crafts.

"The hell are you making?" Megan said, going back to her tomboyish ways as Argen smiled and looked at the small charm he had carved out.

"Honestly... I don't know... It just came to me" Argen said, looking at the charm that seemed to have the sun in the middle of the day, looking out over the land. "Perhaps I can burn it for the Goddess Hemera?... If she hasn't faded"

Megan, confused as to who he was talking about, simply nodded as she started using magic to make her own thing. "Hey sissy!" A voice yelled out as a light punch hit Argen's arm, not nearly strong enough to hurt him, as Clarisse sat down.

Megan's mood, seeing the blonde, immediately plummeted. She never liked this girl, even before Argen had started to pay attention to her for some reason.

Argen sat in ignorance as he greeted Clarisse and continued small little details on his charm, it was nice to relax like this instead of doing a bunch of training, though he knew he would probably have to for the Chariot race... not that he would miss his targets anyway.

"So... You guys hang out or?..." Argen asked, looking between Megan and Clarisse who were staring at each other, both sizing the other girl up as Argen just nodded and quietly slipped away, it was almost time for the day to end, he didn't want to miss the time interval.

...

"There... Lady Hemera, I guess I decided to make this... You probably don't get prayed to a lot... Um well... Please take this gift Mam, And please bring the day once again for my friends..." Argen prayed as he threw the charm into the fire.

'Phew maybe this'll protect them right?... I should do this regularly...' Argen was thinking as he walked away from his fire, the charm disappearing.

...

"I guess. I'm not fully forgotten..." Hemera, the goddess of the day, said as a small spark broke through the cracks on her skin, nearly disappearing after being ignored and forgotten for so long.

"I want to see everything again..." She said softly as a charm floated up and sat on her neck on a string, a small smile appearing on her face as she looked forward at her "Husband"

"Aether..." Hemera said quietly, getting the attention of the primordial god, who was spreading his aura all over the place.

"Quiet Hemera, And get that Charm off your neck, it looks fucking stupid..." Aether said as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep, Hemera knowing not to say another word to wake him.

And so, In the dark shadowy Aether, Hemera fell asleep, crying as she missed seeing the day... And the stars, and everything else about the world...

...

The week flew by and now it was time for the Chariot races!

(A/N: This may seem random... And I guess it kinda is, but I'm gonna incorperate... God I know I spelled that wrong, anyway, I'm gonna have more gods, Primordials as you can see, And also ones from Different Pantheons, Well that's all I needed to say)

4