Chapter 39
239 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shh..." Annabeth said as they hid behind a boulder, all of them trying to keep their breaths at bay.

After the warship incident, Clarisse had been shipwrecked and captured as Annabeth and the others managed to make their way here as well.

Polyphemus, the cyclops that Odysseus fought and blinded in the legends, was now here roasting Grover slowly as he looked at Clarisse, or as he called her, Wifey.

"Wifey, I cook good Goat Meat for you!", Polyphemus bellowed as Grover yelped, practically crying.

" Who's your wife! Ugly bastard, you'd never get married even if your partner was blind and brain dead!" Clarisse yelled back struggling against the ropes.

"Clarisse" Percy whispered as he started to sneak into the cave.

Megan and Annabeth nodded as they went off their own way, wary of the Cyclops who seemed distracted.

Seeing it Percy started to tear up, Tyson had died in the warship explosion. Something he... he just couldn't accept. He hadn't liked the cyclops at first, well at least he hadn't accepted him as his brother.

After a while though, and after the many things Tyson had done to save him, he had grown to call him his brother. Now though... Now he was gone, destroyed in the explosion of the warship.

"Ah... Calm down Percy" He said to himself as he climbed go, Clarisse, Annabeth, and Megan nearing the huge cyclops.

That's when things went to shit.

"Percy!?" Clarisse yelled not thinking of the consequences. Polyphemus looked over seeing the boy, well... not seeing him, but seeing the blur.

"Hey! Who are you?" Polyphemus said dumbly as he started to walk toward the shocked Percy.

"Nobody!" Annabeth's voice called out causing Polyphemus to freeze in place. Looking back he saw nothing, not even a blur as Annabeth was under her invisibility, Courtesy of her magic cap.

"Nobody?... You!" Polyphemus threw a rock toward the direction Annabeths voice had come from.

"Come get me stupid! it's me Nobody! The same man who blinded you!"

Not only was Polyphemus blind, but also stupid as he couldn't tell the difference between Odysseus's voice from Annabeths.

"Phew" Percy wiped the sweat from his brow as he began on Clarisse's restraints, looking back every once in a while toward Annabeth and Polyphemus.

"Hey, Let go of me already," Clarisse said just as a thud caused Percy to widen his eyes and look back to see Polyphemus with Annabeth in his hands.

"Finally got nobody..." Polyphemus smirked as he said these words and threw Annabeth against a rock, a sickening crack enough to cause Percy to start running toward the huge cyclops.

"You!" Percy yelled as he ran toward Polyphemus, riptide in hand ready to slice down the monster.

*Crunch*

Percy stopped as he realized he was swatted to the side, the crunch waking him out of his stupor.

"Huh?" He gasped out as he looked at his snapped arm, Polyphemus's hit had hurt him more than he had thought.

"Hey, Cyclops!" Clarisse yelled as she reached behind her back and held her electric spear in front of her. No fear could be seen in her expression.

"Clarisse just leave the poor guy alone," Argen's voice echoed throughout the cave as he dropped down, though he looked a little different, his silver hair spiked up as his expression had a more serious look to it.

(First Pov)

Polyphemus, he smelled terrible, but we were the intruders. This guy just wanted to eat right? I felt kind of bad...

Is that what you expected me to say?

As I told Clarisse to leave him alone I tossed his giant heart in the fire that had been cooking Grover.

My hands were sticky with the blood... disgusting.

"A-Argen?" All three people called out seeing me standing there. I had been watching for a few minutes, enough time to change my style.

Currently, my bow, or guns or whatever, was morphed into a silver jacket. It was covering me as I stood there, my hair spiked up, I gotta say I like this style.

It almost made me feel... free. Not caring for my mother's words, not for anyone's feelings about me, just doing things for myself... I can't wait to leave... after this... I'm gone.

The least I can do though is help them finish this quest.

"Let's go, The Fleece is in our hands now right? no reason to stay for the Man-Eating sheep to have dinner..." I said as I turned and walked out of the cave, noticing Luke and a couple of other demigods skulking in the cave before leaving... I guess he'll try and take the fleece huh?

"I... Like your new style?" Megan said trying to sound encouraging as I laughed, nodding as we continued.

Thankfully Grover was able to be covered in the mist, I love manipulating this stuff...

"Stop!" Lukes voiced yelled, a sigh escaping from my mouth as he did so.

"Luke! You-"

"Quiet Percy... Just hand over the fleece... or we'll take it forcefully."

When Luke said this he gestured his head toward me, the others all looked at me in confusion as Luke smirked.

"You guys didn't figure it out?... Argen's on our team," His confident tone pissed me off. The same with Kronos, he'd taken my only vulnerable trait and used it against me... He was no different than the gods in that sense.

I'm just tired of it all... I'm leaving the country, I'll stay out of all this crap. Hemera seemed to be in my future though, I guess I'd try to find her? I liked her... warmth.

"A-Argen?" Megan's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I looked back, seeing Percy pointing his sword toward my throat as the others didn't move a muscle.

"Hm?... Ok right, yeah he's right... or he would be if it was a few days ago... As of this moment... Kronos can kiss my ass."

With these words, my silver aura picked up the others. In the form of a huge hawk is carried them away, leaving only me and the others there, the fleece gone with my old friends.

Argentum Strauss died today... Now he was simply Argen, no title, no parents, he'd do what he wanted... and he wanted to beat the shit out of some demigods.

My fist was faster than I thought it would be, did I get some sort of power-up? Or maybe my mind was clear and not unstable for once I could control myself perfectly.

Either way, when I punched luke in the jaw it gave me a satisfying crunch. This day couldn't be ruined...

...

"Artemis, Have fun... I assume your hunters are properly disciplined..." Zeus said as he remembered striking them with his bolt as they went hunting Argen, who had disappeared from his sights for a few hours.

He had found a cyclops though, and promptly sent him to Camp Half-Blood per his request, he wasn't a total asshole.

"Yes... But if they are hurt by a god again I will never forgive..."

"Yeah yeah... Well then... Shall we meet your future husband? He only has a few days left, being a god has its uses... Also... Find out why he feels so off..." Zeus smiled as he led Artemis into the prison for their visit with her new husband...

...

"How do you think Argen will react?" Selene asked her moon buddy as she watched said boy start fighting the rogue demigods.

"Well... He'll be furious of course. He's just running away, but even he knows he'll stop and see his dad... Just one more time though... Take that as you will."

Selene nodded as she could guess what Argen would do. She couldn't lie that she never expected this... it was almost as if someone was messing with Argen... and something else felt off about him now... as if he had... Awakened something...

(A/N: I won't bother showing Argen kicking ass, so basically, Argen Is years above what he's supposed to be, when he saw his "Future" he kinda connected with it, hence his superior control and fighting skills that he's confused about, and yes, he'll build off of these skills and grow even stronger... Ciao~)

2