Chapter 1.1
7.2k 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a dark windy night, everywhere was quiet.

A shadow ran swiftly in the darkness. Looking back and forth from time to time without the slightest change in his speed. Seeing that he was unable to shake off the soldiers' pursuit behind him, he looked at the majestic mansion in front of him. With a leap he jumped over the wall, crouched down his body and hid in the mansion.

The two men following behind saw what had happened. The man in white robes wanted to follow suit but was pulled back by his companion.

"No, this is Jing Wang Mansion. We must offer our greetings accordingly first."

The man who spoke was Iron Face Hunter  - Cheng Gang. The man in white robes beside him was his partner and also his Shi-di, Jade Face Hunter  - Dong Fang Jie.

(Shi-di - Junior brother under the same martial arts Master or Sect)

The two men were pursuing the Chieftain of Blackwind Fort whose camp was destroyed by them and a group of soldiers not long ago. They called him 'Butcher' and more than a hundred of his people in Blackwind Fort were arrested. Only Butcher had escaped and so the two men had chased him all the way here.

"Well since Shi-xiong* is so insistent, let's hurry up and go through the main door to extend our greetings lest the Butcher escapes again." Dong Fang Jie displayed a helpless expression on his face.

(Shi-xiong - Senior brother under the same martial arts Master or Sect)

This was the reason why Dong Fang Jie did not like to work outside with his Shi-xiong on cases. His Shi-xiong was too upright and paid too much attention to detail which was contrary to his own impulsive and casual personality.

"Let's go." Cheng Gang led the way towards the Mansion's gates.

There were two guards standing guard at the gate and when they saw two men approaching, they readied their hands on their swords. Being precautious, the guards shouted at the two people.

"Who is there? Why are you loitering in front of the Mansion's gates at night?"

"Please inform Wang-Ye* that Iron Face Hunter, Cheng Gang and Jade Face Hunter, Dong Fang Jie request for an audience regarding an urgent matter."

(Wang-Ye is an honorific title given to a Prince similar to 'His Highness')

Cheng Gang took out his medal bestowed by the reigning Emperor and showed it to the two guards to verify the medal's authenticity before one of them went into the mansion to report.

"Please wait for a while."

Another guard's attitude became very polite and his eyes fell on Dong Fang Jie behind Cheng Gang. Dong Fang Jie's beauty was difficult to conceal and the rumored jade face of his was exceptionally beautiful......more beautiful than any other woman and with a glance, it was proven that the rumor was indeed true. 

White jaded skin exquisitely beautiful egg-shaped face, a pair of clear bright eyes, refined eyebrows, cherry red lips with a valiant and formidable-looking appearance, elegantly dressed and he was stunning.

Not long after, the guard who went in to report hurriedly came out and walked over to the both of them. His voice tone was very respectful.

"Please come with me. Wang-Ye invites these two Da-Ren* (Lord) to enter."

The two men, one after the other followed the guard into the mansion. Under the guidance of the guard, the two men came to the mansion's main hall. Just as they stepped into the main hall, they saw a big tall man dressed in a blue brocade robe sitting on the primary seat*.

(The primary seat is the seat only the owner of the mansion is allowed to sit which is similar to the throne in the mansion)

The man has a very handsome appearance and exuded an arrogance that was hard to ignore. A pair of deep black eyes watched as the two men entered the hall and when his eyes rested on Dong Fang Jie, a look of surprise flashed across his eyes. Immediately he picked up a porcelain cup, lifted the porcelain lid and took a few sips from the cup, his eyes never leaving the face of Dong Fang Jie.

"To have disturbed Wang-Ye's rest so late in the night.....it is unintentional. Wang-Ye, please be forgiving."

Cheng Gang apologized with politeness and courtesy. After all, they had disturbed other people's sleep and whoever it might be, would not display a good expression. In addition, this person is the Wang-Ye, of course, one has to be extra careful.

"What actually is the matter that brings two Hunters pay Ben-Wang* a visit this late at night?"

(Ben-Wang means 'This King/this Prince' - a term used to refer to himself because royals do not call themselves as 'I')

Jing Wang Long Hao Tian put down the porcelain cup in his hands, his face displayed a smile, yet not a smile which made people unable to see his true emotions at this moment. Only his eyes which were locked onto Dong Fang Jie concealed an unusual light. His posture held no trace of a sleepy attitude and his appearance did not show any traces of being just awakened from sleep.

"It is because the both of us brothers have been in pursuit of Butcher of Blackwind Fort and saw with our own eyes, he had fled into Wang-Ye's mansion. So, we brazenly requested for an audience."

Just as Cheng Gang finished speaking, a woman's shrill screams could be heard. Dong Fang Jie quickly dashed out of the hall towards the sound of the screams.

***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

Dong Fang Jie following the sound of the screams ran into a courtyard. Immediately he saw Butcher gripping the neck of a beautiful woman and was surrounded by a large number of guards. Everyone did not dare to act rashly.

"Don't hurt Jun Zhu!" (Jun Zhu is a Princess not in the direct lineage of the Emperor)

The maid Xiao Lan was so scared that she shouted as she stood in the gallery. It could be guessed that the screams that sounded just now came from her. It was her fault. If she had not discovered the villain's break-in, she would not have suddenly screamed. Her screams had alarmed Jun Zhu who ran out of her room and was inevitably caught by the villain.

"Butcher, quickly let Jun Zhu go."

Dong Fang Jie squinted his eyes, studied the immediate situation and was thinking how best to deal with the situation when Long Hao Tian and Cheng Gang also arrived.

"Dong Fang Jie, Cheng Gang, if you dare to come over, I'll kill her first!"

The Butcher saw traces of fear on everyone's faces and understood that he was holding a trump card in his hands and laughed loudly.

"Elder Brother! Save me!"

Long Qian Qi saw her brother and frantically called for help. This is really a disaster like a thunderbolt from the sky! This time she did not even go out to cause trouble! She did not think that staying obediently in the mansion will also attract trouble to herself.

Long Hao Tian's face was slightly gloomy and placed his hands behind his back. His sharp black eyes stared at his sister who was restrained and he said in his deep icy cold tone. "Cheng Gang, Dong Fang Jie, both of you listen carefully. Tonight if there is the slightest injury on Jun Zhu, be careful of your heads."

"Wang-Ye can rest assure that Jun Zhu will be safely rescued." Cheng Gang was forced to answer. It was rumored that this Jing Wang temperament was unpredictable and also he was the most respected cousin of the reigning Emperor. He had to exercise extreme care in dealing with this matter.

"Butcher, as long as you release Jun Zhu, we will let you leave here safely."

After Dong Fang Jie had weighed the pros and cons and in order to safeguard Jun Zhu, they had no choice but to return the tiger back to the mountains*. 

(Return the tiger back to the mountains - to release the person.)

"Ha, ha, ha.....!" The Butcher laughed loudly. He pulled Jun Zhu in front of him, his fierce face displayed his hatred and shouted at Dong Fang Jie and Cheng Gang. "The two of you led a large group of soldiers to destroy my Blackwind Fort, arrested all my brothers, do you think I will let you off? Now that I have this important hostage in my hands, why should I release her?! Now, everyone back off! If you don't retreat, I will kill her immediately!"

Under the threat of Butcher, everyone had no choice but to retreat. Seeing that Jun Zhu was about to be taken away, Cheng Gang and Dong Fang Jie exchanged a look of tacit understanding. With the lightning of speed, the two men simultaneously attacked!

Cheng Gang was the first to shoot darts towards Butcher's face and when Butcher turned his face sideways to avoid the darts, a shower of powder sprung from Dong Fang Jie, the goal was Butcher's eyes. He cried in pain and his hand that was gripping the neck of Jun Zhu tightened and was about to go in for the kill when the sword in Dong Fang Jie's hand was swiftly thrust into his left chest with a quick move. Dong Fang Jie's other hand pulled the frightened Jun Zhu into his arms and at the same time, Cheng Gang's both palms hit the back of Butcher.

Both of them showed great tacit understanding and their actions were coordinated in one smooth fluid string of movements. Under the astonished gaze of everyone, Butcher quickly died in their hands.

"Is Jun Zhu alright?"

Dong Fang Jie asked the obviously scared Jun Zhu who was in his arms with concern, totally unaware that his behavior was inappropriate.

Long Qian Qi's face was slightly pale with fright and looked up at him distractedly. When she saw his handsome face, she was dazed for a while.

"Hey, why are you still holding onto our Jun Zhu?"

The maid, Xiao Lan rushed over and pulled her Jun Zhu from his arms. How can anyone be allowed to embrace an honorable person like Jun Zhu!!

"Qian Qi, are you injured?"

Long Hao Tian took big strides and walked over to his sister's side. With worry, he looked at her from head to toe and after he had determined she did not suffer any injury, he turned his black eyes and stared sharply at Dong Fang Jie and Cheng Gang.

"I'm fine."

Long Qian Qi lowered her eyes and from time to time stole glances at Dong Fang Jie's handsome face and admired his valiant and formidable-looking appearance.

"The two of you were taking too much risk just now. What if something had happened to Jun Zhu?"

Long Hao Tian's face was slightly gloomy and his voice had a trace of reproach.

"Wang-Ye, please don't be angry. We will only attack if we have the confidence to safely rescue Jun Zhu." Cheng Gang displayed a cold unyielding expression and was fearless in face of Jing Wang anger.

"Since the villain had died and Jun Zhu is saved, the two of you can also leave."

Long Hao Tian's handsome had a displeased expression, his black eyes swept across the two men and coldly asked them to leave.

"To have disturbed Wang-Ye so late in the night, please be forgive us. Cheng Gang will leave now."

Cheng Gang respectfully cupped up his hands together in a fist and saw the displeasure on Long Hao Tian's face. In his heart, he felt since Butcher is dead, it would be better if they leave immediately.

"Until we meet again, Wang-Ye."

Dong Fang Jie also followed suit, cupped his hands together in a fist and respectfully bowed. He took the initiative, confidently and at ease, turned around and walked away. All along he had never like to deal with relatives of the Emperor because they were too troublesome.

Long Hao Tian's whole body started to shiver. He seemed to have heard that taunting tone before. His black eyes narrowed dangerously and stared at the retreating back of Dong Fang Jie as he walked away. Suddenly Long Hao Tian shouted.

"Stop!"

Dong Fang Jie and Cheng Gang stopped walking when they heard his shout. Both of them turned to look back at Long Hao Tian's face which had turned dark and unpredictable.

"What are your orders, Wang-Ye?"

Cheng Gang did not understand and asked in puzzlement. He did not know why Wang-Ye's expression had suddenly changed.

Long Hao Tian walked with big strides and stood in front of Dong Fang Jie. His black eyes stared at Dong Fang Jie's handsome and delicate face. His eyes were like the eyes of a hunter staring at his prey, exuding bright rays of cunning lights.

"Cheng Gang, you have always been known as God of Iron and had always treated those who break the law with impartial strictness and incorruptible. Is that correct?"

"Wang-Ye is correct. Cheng Gang has always been strictly impartial and incorruptible. That is why Cheng Gang is known as Iron Face."

When Cheng Gang answered with pride, he could not help but harbor a trace of suspicion. He noticed when Long Hao Tian was talking to him, Long Hao Tian was staring at his younger brother. What was this all about?

"Very good. You must remember what you have said tonight. The two of you can leave."

Long Hao Tian's face lighted up with an unpredictable smile and that smile made people uncomfortable. Dong Fang Jie felt uneasy at the bottom of his heart.

"On the fifteenth night of the month, at the hot spring......it was particularly unforgettable. Am I right, Jade Face Hunter, Dong Fang Jie?"

The deep voice rang with profound meanings, with hidden sarcasm and his words floated in the dark of the night.

The figure dressed in white robes in front of him stiffened. The next moment, there was a smile on his handsome and innocent face and he said.

"Please forgive me for being obtuse and don't understand the meaning of Wang-Ye's words."

After he heard those words, Long Hao Tian laughed arrogantly and loudly. This laugh sent chills down the spines of everyone in the mansion who heard.

"Don't understand......that's a good one."

Long Hao Tian looked as if he was smiling yet it was not a smile. His black eyes like black pools stared at Dong Fang Jie, his mouth lifted with a touch of interest and coldly said.

"Ben-Wang looks forward very much to the day that you will understand."

"If there is nothing else, please Wang-Ye allow us brothers to withdraw."

As soon as he had finished speaking, Dong Fang Jie did not wait for approval, turned around and left first. As he walked away, he could feel the burning gaze behind him.

 

9