Chapter 4.2
4.5k 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I've decided to act as a bait to lure the murderer out!"

Huai Ning City, in the exclusive wing of Long Feng Restaurant, on the face of Dong Fang Jie was an expression of anger. Feeling indignation at the injustice, she slapped her palm on the tabletop and said loudly to Cheng Gang sitting opposite her who had a look of disapproval on his face.

The murderer had committed seven murders in succession and on several occasions, she had nearly caught the murderer. It was because the murderer was too cunning and every time he was able to escape. But at least now she knows, the murders were committed by both a man and a woman. After fighting with them several times, she knew the murderers' martial arts skills was not weak. The two people's martial arts skills were on par with hers. This was the reason why the murderers were able to escape from her many times. If it was not for this difficult case, she who had always been reluctant to work with her Shi-xiong, would not have taken the initiative to ask for his help in solving this case.

(Shi-xiong - elder brother following the same Master)

(Shi-mei - younger sister following the same Master)

"I don't agree!" Cheng Gang shouted loudly. His eyes widened and glared at his impulsive and stubborn Shi-mei.

"You have fought with them before, so you should know their martial arts are not weak. If something goes wrong or if your identity is exposed, what should we do?"

"Shi-xiong, have you forgotten that I know the Art of Disguise? When the time comes, I will act according to the situation. It is most appropriate for me to act as a bait. Moreover, you will be here to protect me, so nothing will go wrong."

Dong Fang Jie tried hard to convince him to agree. The reason she was reluctant to work with her Shi-xiong on cases was that sometimes, his control over her was stricter than her three elder brothers. She really could not stand it.

"No. If a bait is really needed, then I should be the one to do it. In short, you are not allowed to take the risk."

Cheng Gang flatly refused. He was given the responsibility to take care of her by his Master and her three elder brothers and if his Shi-mei was to lose even a strand of hair, the person to meet death would definitely be him.

"Shi-xiong, are you joking?"

Dong Fang Jie folded her arms across her chest and speechlessly studied him from top to bottom. With his burly figure disguised as a woman, the murderer would have lost his appetite long ago and also not to mention the murderer's interest too.

"In short, I will not agree!"

Cheng Gang shouted loudly, knitted his eyebrows and glared at her. Sooner or later he will be angered to death by this willful Shi-mei! He really wished the Mid-Autumn Festival will come sooner so that he can throw this hot potato back to Dong Fang Ling and let him worry about her.

When both Shi-xiong and Shi-mei were glaring at each other, neither party showing any weakness nor giving in, suddenly there was a sound of knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" Dong Fang Jie shouted loudly with boiling anger.

The waiter was obviously scared.  His hand which was about to knock on the door again stopped in mid-air and he stammered.

".......Fourth Young Master, there is a Gong-Zi with the surname Long looking for you."

"Long Gong-Zi?  Can it be Long Hao Tian?  This guy is really a lingering soul!"

Dong Fang Jie was surprised and looked at the doubtful Cheng Gang who was rubbing his chin.

"Why is Long Hao Tian looking for you?"

Cheng Gang looked at his Shi-mei's expression and pondered over the words she said.  Did it mean that after the incident at Jing Wang Mansion, Long Hao Tian had sought out his Shi-mei?

"I'll take a look."

Dong Fang Jie avoided answering his question and stood up. She went to the door and pull it open to find the waiter standing outside with a polite smile on his face.

"Fourth Young Master, Master Long is waiting for you there."

The waiter pointed his finger at the big tall figure standing on the cloister below with his back facing them. Dong Fang Jie waved his hand at the waiter, closed the door behind him before he walked towards the tall figure.

"Wang-Ye, you are very powerful.  Wherever I am, you are still able to find me."

"Where is Jun Zhu?"

Long Hao Tian watched as the person walked up to his side. It has been several days since he had not seen him and he is still as handsome and also exudes an air of confidence. With slightly narrowed eyes, he noticed there was a small red birthmark behind Dong Fang Jie's right ear. If he did not look closely enough, he really could not see it.

"She is in Gangling City.  I've instructed the local Yamen to send guards to protect her."

Initially, she had agreed to let Jun Zhu remain by her side. But when the murderer committed his second murder and she really could not spare the time to accompany Jun Zhu. So in order for her to fully concentrate in the pursuit of the murderer, she had secretly entrusted Jun Zhu to Chief Guard Zheng to send his men to protect her.

"Can it be considered your work performance is not up to par or is the murderer too crafty so that he could escape from you, Jade Face Hunter's pursuit, again and again?"

Long Hao Tian folded his arms across his chest, his handsome face unpredictable which was impossible for anyone to see his actual mood at this moment.

"I admit these two murderers are very crafty and their martial arts is not weak. However, Wang-Ye can rest assured that the next time we fight, I will not allow the murderers to escape again."

This is the first time her ability was questioned and the contempt hidden in his words ignited an unknown fire in her chest.

"You said the murders are committed by two people?"

Long Hao Tian raised his eyebrows and stared at the person with a sullen face beside him.

"Yes. They were attired in black and masked so it was difficult to see their faces. However, according to the size of their figures, it is assumed that they are a man and a woman."

"Since the murderer is not weak in martial arts, do you need my help?" Long Hao Tian asked with concern.

Dong Fang Jie did not make any effort to hide her surprise and look down on the person beside her. This person is really temperamental. Just a moment ago, he accused her of not performing well in her work and the next moment, he offered to help her.

"We are friends, aren't we?"

Long Hao Tian stared at the astonishment on Dong Fang Jie's face and his lips curved into unpredictable laughter.

Yes........when he is happy, he is a friend. When he is not happy, he will use his Wang-Ye status to oppress her. Dong Fang Jie twitched his lips, did not express his objection and wisely did not say anything either.

"I would like to thank Wang-Ye for your kindness. I have already asked my Shi-xiong for help. If the two of us brothers join forces, there is yet a case we are unable to settle."

"Is Cheng Gang in your room?"

Long Hao Tian's face sank.  Just now, he seemed to have heard the sounds of conversation coming from Dong Fang Jie's room.

"Yes."

Dong Fang Jie watched strangely as Long Hao Tian's expression changed.  What is the matter with this man now?

Long Hao Tian stared at her for a long time and suddenly out of the blue, he asked an irrelevant question.

"Dong Fang Jie, other than your three elder brothers, do you have any sisters?"

"No. Why did Wang-Ye ask such a question."

Dong Fang Jie looked at him in puzzlement.

Everyone in the world knew she, Jade Face Hunter was born in Luoyang, Dong Fang Residence. She has three elder brothers and she is the youngest.

"It is said that both our mothers were close bosom friends and at that time, your mother was pregnant with her fourth child and had promised if her fourth child is a girl, she would be my future marriage match."

Long Hao Tian's black eyes were full of interest, with both his arms folded across his chest and waited for Dong Fang Jie's reaction.

"What did you say?!"

Dong Fang Jie stared at him speechlessly and his expression changed greatly.  He could not believe what he had heard!  Long Hao Tian's meaning was...........

He and her......they are to be husband and wife in future?

"This matter, I had only been informed by my Yi-Niang just a few days ago. However, your reaction is a bit too intense, right? After all, in Dong Fang Family's fourth place is you, Dong Fang Jie and since you are not a woman, then this marriage agreement is invalid."

Long Hao Tian's black eyes stared sharply at Dong Fang Jie's overly shocked expression. The response from Dong Fang Jie was really suspicious.

"Is this matter true?  Why have I not heard of this before?"

Heavens! Why didn't Elder Brother tell her about this matter?! She had always felt happy that she, out of the four siblings, was the only one spared from arranged marriages but did not expect in the end, she was still unable to escape from the evil clutches of her parents.

"It should be true. You can return home to ask you Elder Brother about this matter. But since you, Dong Fang Jie is a man, then this matter need not be mentioned again."

Yes, Dong Fang Jie's reaction is extremely unusual. Previously, he had been suspicious and in addition, there was also the golden hairpin that Yi-Niang had given him. He had gradually lost his patience and could not wait to solve this mystery.

"Yes, this matter need not be mentioned again."

Dong Fang Jie pretended to answer carelessly to avoid his sharp eyes. This moment, she decided that no matter what happens, she would keep this secret to herself. She did not want anything to do with this man.

Heavens! When she thought of the marriage agreement between both of them, she could not help but break out in cold sweat and her scalp felt numb. She secretly decided that once this case is closed, she will quickly return to Dong Fang Residence to ask her Elder Brother about this. Whether this matter is true or otherwise, she had decided she would at least hide for a while.

"I will be staying here for a while. If necessary, you can come to Fu Mansion to look for me."

Long Hao Tian's black eyes squinted and noticed that Dong Fang Jie avoided his eyes. Then his heart secretly made a decision.

"Thank you Wang-Ye for your kindness."

Dong Fang Jie calmed down his erratic heart and when he faced Long Hao Tian again, his handsome face had regained his confident appearance.

This matter can be disregarded! Anyway, there is Elder Brother's precedent which can be followed and so what if this marriage agreement is true, their Dong Fang Family has their own set of rules to counterattack. No one can force them to accept a marriage that was not agreed to.

"Since we are going to stay here for a while, you must not forget our previous agreement. I will come to look for you, my drinking buddy, at any time."

"I will welcome Wang-Ye's visit at any time."

The two of them looked at each other and each harbored their own thoughts.  After Long Hao Tian had left, then only did Dong Fang Jie cover her chest and take a deep breath.

To meet Long Hao Tian, her good days really had come to an end.  He is truly the nemesis of her life.

 

9