Chapter 9.2
5.1k 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where is this place?

Hai Yao opened her eyes, looked at the exquisite carvings on the roof of the bed and the masculine and extraordinary furnishings all around the room. Her confused gaze finally fell on the tall man who was sitting at the side of the bed in a deep sleep.

Did he look after her the whole night?

As a Wang-Ye, why didn't he order a maid to take care of her? Instead, he had personally taken care of her and made himself so tired?

She looked at his tired handsome face, she recalled the time he brought her back to Yan Yun Pavilion and he took meticulous care of her including the numerous times that the two of them had soaked together completely naked in the hot spring pool.

He said.....initially he had just wanted her until in the end, involuntarily he had fallen in love with her.

He said.....he was very happy she was alive.

He said.....she was destined to be his Jing Wang-Fei in this life and don't even think of escaping.

And she.......now she had to ask herself.......does she really want to escape?

Her little hand lightly touched his face. The next instant her hand was caught by his hand and a pair of sharp black eyes opened. Long Hao Tian in his deep sleep had a strange feeling and suddenly woke up. He did not expect what he had unconsciously caught hold of, was her hand and the person on the bed was watching him with her clear bright eyes.

"You are awake."

Long Hao Tian was overjoyed. His big hands carefully stroked her delicate cheeks and his black eyes studied her excitedly.

"Do you feel discomfort anywhere?"

"You have stayed by my side taking care of me all this while?"

His emotional joyous expression made her heart suddenly heaved like a big wave and at this very moment, she realized she did not want to escape anymore.

"Hai Yao, your eyes......"

The eyes of Long Hao Tian sparked with lights. With surprise, he looked at her clear bright eyes which were watching him intently, no longer without focus. Her eyes were able to focus again.

"That's correct. I am able to see again."

She used both her hands to support herself so she could sit up and the next moment, her delicate fragile body was embraced by a pair of iron arms. She was hugged into a broad chest, her pointed chin was also lifted and her eyes met a pair of fiery hot eyes.

"Your eyes have really healed."

Long Hao Tian's eyes were like torches, staring straight into her eyes, repeatedly confirming that her eyes were really with expressions then only was he rest assured.

The crystal clear, bright eyes looked with interest at the ecstasy revealed in his eyes. Her beautiful little face lifted into a smile and jokingly asked.

"How long are you going to look at me?  I'm hungry.  Can you let me eat first?  Later you can look at me for as long as you want."

He was surprised for a moment. Black eyes stared into her eyes deeply, his face revealed a look of pampering and his big hand caressed her pale face as he said in a low voice.

"This is what you said.  When you are full, you are to let me look at you as long as I desire."

Hai Yao's bright eyes showed a little restraint but she still smiled without speaking. She had long got accustomed to his intimate touch.

"Servants come!"

Long Hao Tian did not want to leave the person in his arms even for a moment so he shouted loudly for his servants outside.

Once he shouted out, Liu Yong hurried in.  He thought something had happened but when he saw the two people embracing each other on the bed, he was surprised.

"Immediately order the kitchen to prepare some medicinal food* and bring it in.  At the same time, send someone to summon Dong Fang Tang."

(Medicinal food means restricted foods either mixed with medicine or herbs or just plain food that can be eaten by a patient on a diet according to a doctor's advice)

Liu Yong nodded his head and glanced at the two people before he quickly left.

"Is Third Elder Brother also here?"

Hai Yao's eyes instantly lighted up and looked at him in surprise.

"Why do you feel so happy? It was only a mere two weeks ago that you last met him. The feelings between you and your siblings are exceptionally good."

Long Hao Tian expression dissatisfaction in his dark eyes and the smile on her face made him deeply displeased.

"Actually Wang-Ye, are you jealous?"

She deliberately widened her pair of bright eyes, there was a slight smile on her beautiful face and her voice was full of interest.

"That's right. I tolerated him because he is your elder brother but you must remember.....you are not to smile at other men in this way and that also includes Cheng Gang."

He straight away admitted and also warned her at the same time. It was best for herself and other people that she does not test his bottom line otherwise he will not guarantee what he will do.

Suddenly hurried footsteps could be heard outside. The door was pushed open and a tall shadow entered.

"Third Elder Brother!" As soon as she saw him, she called out happily.

"Younger Sister.......are you able to see?"

The two brother and sister locked eyes with each other. The corners of Dong Fang Tang's lips curved into a smile and he strode towards the bed.

Long Hao Tian narrowed his eyes and slowly released the person in his arms. Long Hao Tian stood up to let Dong Fang Tang take the seat so that he could check on her.

Dong Fang Tang finished taking her pulse and checked on the lump behind her head. Then he said with satisfaction.

"Congratulations, Sister.  The swollen lump at the back of your head had subsided."

"Third Elder Brother, why are you also here?"

During the time when the brother and sister were having a conversation, Liu Yong came in from outside and whispered into the ear of Long Hao Tian.  Then his face sank and he looked towards Hai Yao.

"Hai Yao, I've some matters to attend to and I've to go out. Wait for me to come back."

He walked forward and held out his hands to touch her delicate cheeks. His dark eyes stared at her for a long time before he reluctantly left, followed closely by Liu Yong.

"Third Elder Brother, what had happened?  The look on Long Hao Tian's face is a bit weird."

She had noticed that when Liu Yong had whispered something into Long Hao Tian's ear, his face had changed.  What had actually happened?

Dong Fang Tang looked at her frowned and the worry on her face. He sighed. Perhaps the worries he harbored previously were superfluous.

"Do you know why he rushed back to the palace this time?"

"I know. Shi-xiong had told me the Emperor is going to decree him a marriage."

"Then according to you, will Long Hao Tian accept it?" Dong Fang Tang's eyes were firmly set on her.

"No." Her eyes slightly restrained, she said with confidence.

"You really understand him well. This time he is going to the palace to prevent the Emperor from decreeing the marriage. In addition to that, the most important thing is, he is going to ask the Emperor to decree him a marriage with you."

It seems it was impossible that his younger sister does not have any affection for Long Hao Tian. Just their ability to read each other's mind was already an indication and this matter could be concluded.

"What? Decree a marriage?!"

She was dumbstruck!  Words of praise could only be said about Long Hao Tian's style of handling this matter. Did this mean all her paths of retreat would be severed?  She already knew he would never let her go but this move was too ruthless.  Although she acknowledged her feelings for him, that aside, she did not want to get married so early.

"Younger Sister, you have to tell me honestly.  What are your feelings for Long Hao Tian?  If you really don't want to marry him, I can take you away from here this instant."

If she really did not want to marry Long Hao Tian, then it would mean that from now onward they would offend him. No matter how, they, the three brothers would use all possible means to protect their sister and keep her far away from Long Hao Tian.

"Even if it meant Dong Fang Family would incur a sentence of extermination?"

The words of Long Hao Tian still rang in her ear.  She could not afford to gamble.

"Don't you believe in the abilities of us, three brothers?  Even if we are forced to escape, we will never sacrifice anyone in Dong Fang Family."

This point, she believes her three brothers still have this ability.  Now it is up to her to decide.

Tears gathered in her eyes and she was moved by the determination shown on her Third Elder Brother's face. His reassuring words were enough for her.

"Third Elder Brother, I was the one who started this problem, I don't want anyone from Dong Fang Residence to get into trouble because of me.  Furthermore, the present I, don't want to leave his side."

She had lost this challenge. She had fallen in love with this arrogant man.

She strongly suspects that even if she is unable to fall in love with him in the end.......it is unlikely for him to let her go.

After all, from the very beginning, this man had already shown clearly he would never let her go.

"Younger Sister, you have fallen in love with him."

It was as he had expected. This was also good. He could leave his younger sister in Long Hao Tian's care and they, the three brothers can be assured of her safety.

"Yes, I have fallen in love with him."

Her elegant exquisite face lighted up with a smile. For the first time, she admitted to herself, her true feelings for him.

"You are whole-heartedly willing to be Jing Wang-Fei?" He had to reaffirm to ensure she was not forced.

"Yes, I am willing."

Hai Yao sighed with a wry smile.  She had wanted to travel and roam over all parts of the country, live the beautiful dreams of traveling from north to south but from now on all her dreams would drift far away.

"Since this is your decision, then we will not say anything again......as long as you are happy."

Actually, Dong Fang Tang silently breathed a sigh of relief.  From now on, this hot potato would be tossed to Long Hao Tian for him to worry. The three brothers' responsibility for her could finally be put down and this piece of good news must quickly be relayed to the other two brothers.

"Third Elder Brother, don't think I don't know what the three of you are thinking. In your hearts, you must be feeling very happy, especially Eldest Brother.  Not only did you succeed in getting me to return to my original female status, you also no longer have to worry about me ......two birds with one stone, isn't that correct?"

She snorted. She had long known about the thoughts of her three elder brothers but she was still thankful for their concern.

After all, they have such a younger sister who constantly gets into trouble and it is no wonder the three of them frequently get headaches.

"It is good that you understand."

Dong Fang Tang lovingly caressed her soft silky black hair and suddenly he had a thought. He prudently cautioned her.

"After you have fully recovered from your injuries, take a trip home with Long Hao Tian. Everyone is very worried about you. There is one thing you still don't know yet. Your little life could be saved thanks to the fact your Second Sister-in-law told us beforehand. Otherwise, I could not happen to be there to save your life at that precise time."

It turned out that Dong Fang Ao's wife, Cao Zi Yun had the ability to foretell misfortunes. Cao Zi Yun was originally fated not to live past the age of 19 years old but fortunately, she met Dong Fang Ao. Relying on the accumulated benevolence of Dong Fang Family's ancestors and blessed with great fortunes, she was able to save someone's life. However, from that time henceforth, she lost the ability to foretell disasters.

But this time, Cao Zi Yun did not know why she had a recurring nightmare three nights in succession. In the dreams, she saw the same place with Hai Yao at the brink of death and in her heart, she knew it was a sign. Then she insisted Dong Fang Tang make the trip and did not expect he would actually save Hai Yao in time.

"It seems that I have to offer my gratitude and thanks to Second Sister-in-law."

After hearing that, in addition to being surprised, she also remembered what the fortune teller in Gang Ling City had said. It seems she really had escaped a calamity.

Knock! Knock! A sound came from outside the door and then the door was pushed open. Walking in front was a beautiful woman in a yellow satin skirt followed by Xing Hua who was carrying the medicinal food for Hai Yao.

"You look so much alike. Are you really Dong Fang Jie's twin sister?"

Long Qian Qi learned that her Elder Brother had carried a girl back yesterday and she was placed in his bedchamber. All this while, she did not get a chance to come in and have a look. It was not easy for her to wait until her Elder Brother had left before she could quickly rush over to see for herself.

As Long Qian Qi studied the familiar face in front of her, she could not help but think of Dong Fang Jie who had died after falling down the cliff. She moved forward, came to stand in front of the bed and carefully looked at Hai Yao's face. She is indeed exquisitely beautiful and she also has that gentle disposition that will make all men in the world rise up to protect. So it is no wonder her Elder Brother had fallen so deeply in love with her.

"Greetings to Jun Zhu." Dong Fang Tang got up and cupped his hands in respect.

"Is Dong Fang Jie really dead?"

Long Qian Qi looked at the two people back and forth and finally rested her eyes on Hai Yao's face. Even if the news of Dong Fang Jie's death had spread all over the country, she was still unwilling to believe the rumors. She had to get a firm answer from them before she would accept the fact.

"That's correct. Fourth Younger Brother is really dead."

Dong Fang Tang threw a reproaching glance at the person on the bed. This is also a woman who liked his younger sister in a man's disguise. Thus, it was right that she should revert to her original female self as soon as possible to avoid letting more people be harmed.

Hai Yao had to face the reproaching expression on her Third Elder Brother's face and could only sigh deeply in her heart.

He looked at the sadness on Long Qian Qi's face and did not know what to say.

When Long Qian Qi heard the answer she had expected, she was visibly dejected. The next instant, she quickly gathered herself and displayed her spirited concern for Hai Yao's illness.

"Doctor Dong Fang, what happened to her? I heard Xing Hua said she had serious internal injuries. In the first few months, she was also blind. Who actually had caused this, such a heartless person who is able to commit such a malicious act on a girl?"

Since she is Dong Fang Jie's younger sister and also the woman that her Elder Brother loves, that will most likely mean Hai Yao will be her future sister-in-law.  So it is right that she should show more concern for Hai Yao.

"Thank you for your concern.  My younger sister was pushed off the cliff by a thief which resulted in her serious injuries."

When Dong Fang Tang told this lie, his face did not change color, his breathing calm, his expression at ease and his eyes showed such honesty that did not provoke the slightest suspicion.

"Thank you Jun Zhu for your concern. It doesn't matter, I'm fine now."

In her heart, Hai Yao really admired the gentle and harmless appearance of her Third Elder Brother. If he really wants to lie to anyone, she is afraid the person will not only obediently believe him but also may come back to thank him.

"What do you mean 'it doesn't matter'?! Xing Hua had already told me, you had one foot in hell.......how can you say 'it doesn't matter'? Was the thief caught?"

Long Qian Qi listened with indignation. She wished she could slash the wicked man a thousand slashes to revenge for her.

"That thief had been caught. Thank you for Jun Zhu's concern."

This Long Qian Qi is really a straightforward child. Hai Yao involuntarily felt a guilty feeling rose within her.

"Jun Zhu, you should not question anymore. It's time for Lady's meal."

Xing Hua carefully carried the bowl of ginseng porridge to the front of the bed. Hai Yao thanked her, stretched out her graceful hands to take the bowl and then slowly sipped each spoonful.

Long Qian Qi paced back and forth in front of the bed, slanted her head in deep thought and looked at her.

"How should I greet you in future?"

She looked around her Elder Brother's bedchamber and the bed Hai Yao was sitting on now.  She knew her Elder Brother had never allowed any woman to sleep on his bed before but for Hai Yao, he had made an exception.

"I will just call you......Sister-in-law!"

Long Qian Qi clasped her two hands together in happiness.  Anyway, Hai Yao will sooner or later be a member of their Long Family, so greeting her this way now or later, makes no difference.

Ke! Ke! (cough*)

A string of violent coughs sounded.

"Younger Sister, are you alright?"  Dong Fang Tang rushed over to her and stroked her back to soothe her breathing.

"Lady, are you okay?"

Xing Hua quickly took away Hai Yao's bowl of porridge and looked at her with worry.

Standing at the side looking at the three people, Long Qian Qi's eyes flashed with a streak of stubbornness. She believes her Elder Brother will be very happy if she greets Hai Yao this way.

 

7