V4 Side Story [Rising Stars] 2 – Meetings (1/3)
1.5k 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sayumi Yoshida POV:

I walk into the tall glass-covered building, shielding myself from the breeze. Soon after entering the air-conditioned business-like atmosphere, 

"Sayumi Yoshida, high school 2nd-year...Shirozaka's [Magical Girl]. Come with me."

"..."

I was ushered away to a more discrete room. The woman who appeared at first, in a bleak garb with glasses and a bun, began,

"Thank you for coming at the specified time. Now, cutting to the chase, you have decided to become a [Magical Girl] and use the power of the [Focals] against [Curses]."

"Eh...yes."

She rubbed her forehead.

"In the first place, having adolescent girls possessing more combat potential than a highly trained military unit is a ridiculous notion...you don't know the first thing about the responsibility, duty, or discipline of Japan's [Magical Girl] division for countering [Curses] do you..."

"..."

"In addition to that, you have no prior fighting experience nor relevant knowledge...so it'll take a while to make such a person moderately useful. This is especially shown in today's world where outstanding [Magical Girls] are the norm and lives are expected to be saved. [First Contact] didn't happen yesterday you know."

"..."

"Well, the purpose of this meeting today, is to remedy that and finalize...now that you've officially taken on this occupation. To put it simply, you will undergo training that many of our budding talents take. To mature yourself as a [Magical Girl] who can do things right, we will assign you a mentor. [Magical Girls] are the most adept in [Magical Girl] related matters, so one will naturally be your mentor. Additionally, your chosen mentor is a renowned fighter who has her name carved into Japan..."

"M-may I ask who it is...?"

"The [Iron Empress of Blades] Kaede. In fact, we've already called her here and she's waiting outside. Shirozaka went ahead and informed us beforehand, so, it was easy to get things ready."

"Eh!?"

"Come in."

My surprise was overflowing as the door creaked open. A stunning and mature-looking girl then walked in with clacking boots on the hard floor. Her pitch-black hair waved as her crystal blue eyes swam the scene. I know this face...!

"I heard that all, Ito-san. You're too harsh, she just started out! Of course, she won't know anything!"

Ouch. But, it's true.

"I just had to make it clear. She'll work harder that way."

"How stiff. As expected of a cold-hearted..."

"We're wasting time."

*sigh*

Kaede turns to me. 

"So, you're the one I'm training huh. They gave me a curriculum outline but it's cr*p so I'm ignoring it."

"Don't say that in my presence."

Ito-san butted in but Kaede ignored her,

"Don't worry, if you're strong, things'll naturally go your way. Well, I'll explain the details...let's exchange contacts first, shall we? We'll meet pretty often...you're a student, right? No clubs? Sweet, after school is prime time then."

My first impression is that her presence is kind of homely...although extravagant. I feel like I'll get along well with her as a mentee. She's rough and elegant, what a bubbly adult (20s+ age I guess). That is how I met Kaede Takeda.


After that meeting, I was shoved into Kaede's car and driven to the local airport (weekend). She said she had someone to pick up and would train me along the way but,

"What's your favorite music?"

"Have you been outside of Japan before?"

"Have a boyfriend?"

"What do you think about pineapple pizza?"

...is all I've been hearing. Is this training? Well, we don't have to get to business immediately. In fact, it's better that we're breaking the ice and learning about each other now.

"What kind of person are we meeting?"

This might be a nosy question, but I am going to meet them.

"? Oh, Sawa-chan is a very nice girl. She's shy, but you should be fine as a fellow [Magical Girl]."

"Sawa-chan..."

"Oh, full name is Yumi Sawada. She's from Tokyo, though she moved overseas to America and has done most of her work there. That's why she isn't as known in Japan. I wish I could speak better English...(:o)..."

"[Magical Girl] Yumi Sawada...Sawa."

"We've arrived."

The luxury car pulls up to the expanded pickup area and I see a girl with way too many bags flailing at us. That's Sawada-san, right? Kaede opens the doors and trunk for the incoming luggage. I hastily unfasten my seatbelt to help. Right, when I approached her,

*bang*

An explosion could be seen and heard from inside the airport to Yumi's right.

"Eh!?"

I was shocked as Yumi dropped her bags and rushed over to help. How heroic and instinctual. I looked on through the windows to see what was going on, now that she blasted ahead with inhuman speed.

"What are you doing? We're following her!"

Kaede hurried me to pursue while tearing through the air like a bullet as well. The superhuman capabilities of [Magical Girls] are unreal. I then bumble clumsily behind as we approach the source of disruption. My new career has just begun!

39