18. An Unfortunate Encounter
3.9k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a well known concept named 'the popular phase'. It is said that all men, eventually, will go through a time where there are many, predominantly sexual, encounters with women. I'm not going to say I definitely have one going on, or that somehow all women are attracted to me, I know quite well that my looks are either average, or slightly above it. What I am going to say is that my ratio of female to male time spending has become very skewed the last couple of days.

So I gave a text to Kinoshita, asking if he wanted to tag along to school with him, where he promptly replied by sending a smiley face. Not only did I want to see him, it has been a while after all, but this moment is also oppertune since Chiori is not in any condition to go to school, and I'm not even going to humor even the thought of the other one going along with me.

Well, to be honest, I was planning to keep nursing Chiori, but she insisted that I focus on maintaining my grades. Recently there weren't as many chances to get things ready for school, so I should indeed be a little more careful with that. However, after saying that to me, she was the same person to ask me to undress out of my uniform again, and 'comfort' her.

As much as I'd like to, I have things to deal with, case in point, the hyperactive, overimaginitive child downstairs needs to get back to her home, before I'll become victim to one of her antics.

"You just said I needed to catch up to my schoolwork."

"Just 5 minutes..."

No way in hell would that be 5 minutes, we both knew that. I don't blame her though, I'm already halfway convinced. But the internal nagging eventually took over.

"I will be back in a few hours, then I will give you all the attention you want."

She looked at me pleadingly, begging me to reconsider, even without saying anything. I gave her a smooch on the lips.

"Just a few hours. Please rest well in the meantime."

She still had this tired look to her, even as she does her usual lighthearted act, speaking in her usual affectionate cutesy voice. I really hope she gets better soon, I still have many things I want to enjoy with her. We haven't even had a proper date yet. 

I finally got downstairs again and noticed the guest still lying on the couch, watching tv and suddenly eating popcorn. Did we even have popcorn?

When she noticed me once again she gestured me to sit next to her, slapping the couch with a strong thud. Seeing as I still had a little time left before having to leave, I gave in and plopped down next to her. She looked at me slightly shocked, before handing me a handful of popcorn with a big grin on her face.

"Onii-san can have some too!"

Please don't call me that, just call me 'you' instead. I don't need this familiarity.

And so we watched tv and ate some popcorn for a few minutes until the doorbell rang.

"Ah, that must be Kinoshita," she cheerily yelled "will we go to school now?"

What now? Huh? How did she- 

"You should really think of a better password onii-san..."

Noticing my confusion, she only barely scrapes the surface of my questions. Before I could properly assess what just happened, she had already dragged me outside by the hand.

"Oi, I thought you had noone to go with?" Kinoshita said as he looked at us. "Why is Yamatsu tagging along?"

He knows her? Huh? 

Yamatsu cheeckily stuck her tounge out at me. "Chihara-san and I are very close now." She said, and unnecessaril added, "So you shouldn't be needed here anymore."

Baffled, my good friend looked at me for answers, but I am equally as confused. Trying to reel the situation back in, I rebutted:

"Of course he is wanted here, I asked him to come because I missed him." I smiled patiently at Yamatsu, with the most piercing glare I could make, which is most likely not all that threathening. She looked back at me and smiled back. Not showing even the slightest amount of care to any consequences of her behavior.

"You've seen Kinoshita now, and you'll see him in class later too."

He started to awkwardly sneak away at the sight of this upcoming quibble. I understand why, but I really don't want to be left alone with her. I walked toward him, startling him and Yamatsu. I don't feel like letting this pointless discussion last any longer.

"Yamatsu-san, we'll be late for school, I'll listen to whatever complaints you have later."

I had hoped that would have sealed the conversation, but instead I got pulled back by her. Grinning again, she showed me another photo. How many did she actually make!? I wanted to smash the phone right then and there, but I don't think she would fall for it a second time.

She whispered in my ear "Sorry, but today it will only be the two of us."

Kinoshita far off in the distance gave some excuse I could barely make out before walking away quickly. Now I'm stuck with her again, alone.

"Shall we go, onii-san?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

46