21a. At the pond [Ushiro route]
2k 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Embarrassed, she grabs my hand. Her soft, cold touch makes me feel an odd, indescribable emotion. I didn't dislike it, moreso that it was unfamiliar to me.

I patted down my back to rid of the grass as she did the same, and we moved on trying to find the location. It didn't take particularly long before I had a faint memory resurface.

It was a hot summer day, me and my friends were running about with our parents keeping watch far away while chattering among themselves. I vaguely remember we somehow got lost, and ended up somewhere we weren't supposed to go.

How exactly I got there is still a mystery to me, though I know we're on the right track.

"Hey, uhh, we should be somewhat nearby, now."

Whenever I try to think of her name, it's always on the tip of my tongue but I never truly realise who she is. I tried to not let it get to me though, and headed through the thick, thorned bushed pricking me in my sides with her close behind me.

"Ouch, are you sure you're going the right way, Takumi-san?"

"Not at all." I shrugged.

"Thanks for the confidence boost, Taku." she wryly smiled.

"Anything for you, not important."

I said as a thorn scraped my thigh, making me flinch in pain.

"Hehe, fitting nickname, isn't it?" She chuckled. "Which is why you shouldn't go these lengths for me."

"I'm not that important either. Don't worry about it."

We made our way through the thick forestry while getting new scrapes and cuts all the way through. A distinct taste of blood started seeping in my mouth, and it didn't seem like the girl was feeling too well either. We, or rather I, chose a bad spot to cross.

Our summer uniforms didn't give us all that much protection, seeing as we had open sleeves. It was even worse for her as she also had a short skirt as well, which were much more damaged than the arms and sides.

Still, soon enough we did finally manage to get through, and see the far off bench I talked about before.

"This really is a nostalgic place, right Taku?"

"Were you here before then?" I asked curiously.

"I think so, at least it feels like it. I remember my mom and dad being here together."

"Would be amusing if you were there back then, and that we're thinking of the same time. Did they also-"

"They were here as well... I think it was a spot from their childhood, though I don't exactly remember. Plus... I never really was in any groups. At most I had 3 friends once before. You squarely beat me in that department."

It started clicking with me who that was. I remember distinctly people having talked about someone who was often seen alone. A very queit kid that got into trouble unexpectedly often.

"Ya-Yamamoto?"

"Yamatsu. I appreciate the try though."

"Yeah, sorry. I don't know many people outside my class."

"It's fine. I'm honestly surprised you already got that far considering you have ever spoken to me before."

With a wry smile she walked toward the pond.

"Should be a bit ahead of here..." She said not all too confidently. 

Without any further delays we were finally about to get what she needed, though despite that she still looked somewhat sad. Or maybe disappointed.

I caught up with her and we made our way down the stream, only to hear a loud noise off in the distance. It seemed like Yamatsu noticed what was going on. And ran further ahead before I could catch up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4