Chapter 47
2.6k 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unable to move, no matter how lively she is, she could only rest at home and Jia Shao had more time to sleep-in.  She was bored and could only entertain herself.

She did not dare to make fun of Zhen Lang and as long as he does not make fun of her, it is already good.

 

Since early in the morning, as soon as he opened his eyes, she had to endure his demonic claws all over her and she did not even know when he had moved over to 'bite' her.

"Go away!"  Her beautiful dream was disturbed.  Miss Jia mumbled, stretched her hand to swat away the 'mosquito' from her face, scratched the spot, turned over and continued with her dreams.

Her 'turn-over' actually meant her arms embracing Zhen Lang's waist, her leg wrapped over his thighs and her head snuggled comfortably into his chest.  She continued to enjoy her deep sleep as she listened to his heartbeats.

He pulled away her hand that was holding back strands of hair which was irritating her face. Zhen Lang looked down at the person in his arms and his smile widened.

Greedy for sleep, she was curled up like a cat and silently cuddled him as if to show her trusting dependence on him.  Such a gesture made it even more unbearable to disturb her while she slept.

"Today, I'm going to change my dressing."  He looked up at the ceiling board casually and spoke to the air.  "At the same time, I'm going to buy some things.  Do you want to go out for some fresh air?"

In the middle of a hazy sleep, suddenly she opened her eyes, fiercely put down her foot on the floor and stood up.  "Let's go......let's go now......."

The moment she said those words, instantly she cried out miserably and fell back onto the bed, holding on to her gypsum plastered leg with a twisted face. "Pain.....pain....pain......"

Fingers rubbed on her thigh and pressed on her acupuncture points.  "Where is the pain?"

She wrinkled her face.  Feeling the pain, she hissed. "Slept too long, now numb....."

With a helpless sigh, she fell back into his warm embrace.  "Silly girl, why are you so anxious?  If your leg still hurts, it's better not to go out."

His fingers massaged her leg and she felt more comfortable after blood flowed back through her legs.  She pouted her lips.  "You said we are going out, you cannot back out now."

Shiny, puppy-like eyes looked at him hopefully.  Her expression showed a little yearning, a little eagerness, and a little misery.

"Okay, I'm not backing out."  While his big hands pressed on her acupuncture points, he gazed gently at her.  "But you must promise me, you have to use the wheelchair and we are only going for a short walk nearby.  We will come back as soon as possible."

She nodded her head immediately and laughed until her eyes became slits.  "I'll get your bath ready, I'll get your toothbrush ready, I'll wash your clothes......"

Her heart only concentrated on the happiness of going out and did not notice that behind his gentle smile, a trace of worry flashed by.

 

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

 

At the Hospital.

"Stay here obediently and let the Director Fan take a good look at you."  Zhen Lang lightly patted her shoulder.  "I am going to see the Dean to discuss about my leave."

Jia Shao obediently nodded and her eyes followed him as he walked out the door.

Zhen Lang pressed the elevator button, then suddenly his cell phone started to ring.  He looked at the number and casually pressed the receive key. "Uncle Xie......."

The voice on the other end sounded steady and calm.  Smoothly narrating while Zhen Lang quietly listened and occasionally he would answer with a light monosyllable.  Throughout the report, he kept his face indifferent.

In his office, Zhen Lang sorted out the documents on his table and stacked them in categories.  Then he turned around and instructed the nurse.  "Send these medical records to Director Wang. Three of the surgery cases are scheduled for this week and they are quite important."

The nurse blinked her long eyelashes, listened carefully to his words, quickly memorized his instructions and from time to time nodded her head.

After he had completed his instructions and handed over all matters to the nurse, she looked at him with eyes showing a little reluctance. "Dr. Zhen, are you taking a very long leave?"

Zhen Lang smiled.  "Half a month.  I have some things to settle."

"Is Dr. Zhen getting married?"  The little nurse thought about the rumor she heard a few days ago about Zhen Lang going home to propose marriage*.  Her eyes mirrored her eagerness for confirmation and of course, behind this eagerness was the hope for a different answer.

(Proposal of marriage is actually the man's family going to meet the woman's family to ask for her hand in marriage.  After woman's family agrees then wedding plans will proceed.)

Zhen Lang laughed out loud and his face showed contentment. "Then I have to remember to treat you to candies*."

(The distribution of candies and chocolates to announce and share the good news that a couple is about to marry is actually not a common practice among the Chinese but young couples are picking up this trend.)

The light in the nurse's eyes dimmed and she nodded silently.

He turned towards the door and was about to take a step forward when he saw an elegant figure standing in front of his door.  Her eyes showed a pleasant surprise. "Dr. Zhen!"

Zhen Lang nodded his head slightly in acknowledgment and his eyes swept over the women's delicate face.  He smiled and said. "Miss Wang, why are you here?  Is Old Mr. Wang back for a check-up?"

"No."  Wang Shao Guan's face flushed a trace of crimson and managed to stay calm. "I heard you were injured, so I came to pay you a visit."

Zhen Lang's eyes fell on his own arm enclosed in the sleeve of his coat.  The expensive suit covered his handsome figure and the well-ironed shirt sleeve cleverly concealed his wounded arm which did not even reveal any trace of his injury.

"Not a big deal......just a small injury."  Zhen Lang's smile grew wider and gently asked. "Just that.......how did Miss Wang know I was injured?"

"Uh....."  Wang Shao Guan's expression showed uneasiness.  "I......my grandfather told me.  He was very worried and insisted I come to take a look."

Taking a step forward to move along, his was expression casual and polite.  "Please thank Old Mr. Wang on my behalf.  When I have time, I will come to visit him later."

Wang Shao Guan followed behind him and her expression changed clearly to happiness.  "Then, why not these two days.  Grandfather will be very happy."

"These two days, I'm busy."  He thought for a moment. "Someone in my family is indisposed with a leg injury and needs my care."

As soon as the words were out, Wang Shao Guan's expression suddenly turned ugly.  She hesitated for a while and said. "You have a girlfriend?"

"Not considered so."  Zhen Lang answered neat and quick.

Of course, she is not his girlfriend.........that person is rightfully his wife in the eyes of the law.

Wang Shao Guan gave a sigh of relief and did not realize all her facial changes were clearly visible to the other person.

Once again she showed a hopeful expression. "Now it is noon......if it is convenient for Dr. Zhen, how about we have lunch together?"

 

Downstairs in the surgery, Jia Shao looked at her leg and watched as the plaster on her leg was stripped off little by little.  The feeling of heaviness on her foot gradually decreased.  She stretched out her leg to lightly touch the floor and there was still a slight pain but compared to being bound, it was definitely very much lighter.

She had checked the time several times by turning her head to look at the clock hanging on the wall.  Only a short half an hour had passed but she felt it was like a few hours.  Now she truly understood the meaning of......'days were like years'......

"Dr. Zhen had only left for a while and already you have an anxious gaze?"  Director Fan's small eyes revealed ridicule.  "Although this old man is not good-looking, I also don't have body odor. Must you have such a painful expression on your face?"

Jia Shao's mouth twitched then she tugged on her short hair and giggled foolishly with a weird expression on her face.

From when did it start?  When she did not see that person, she would hanker for him.........

From when did it start?  When she could not hear his voice, she would actually feel the emptiness in her heart.......

Closing her eyes, the image of him clouded her mind.  In the morning, he would lie sideways beside her, lazily teasing her and allowed her to messily, flirtatiously caressed him in his pajamas. The enticing way he would leisurely put on his shirt and buttoned up his cuffs.....

She raised her hands to palm her face and felt her face had heated up with the burning heat getting stronger and stronger.

After he had kissed her, she could still remember the smug lift of his water-moist lips, the sudden deepening of the dark pupils of his eyes and his low voice that intoxicated her.

Oh, dear.......now even her body feels hot.

Her thoughts began to reel away.  Every flash of the scenes in her mind consisted of him kissing her, holding her, being intimate with her and also his hot caresses on her body.

She must not think about it anymore!  If she carries on thinking, she is afraid her blood will boil over.

She raised her hand to hold the door frame, bent her foot on tiptoes and slowly stood up.  Little by little, she put the pressure of her weight on her toes.  She did not feel too much pain and happily took two steps forward.

However, just as she took two steps, a hand encircled her waist and held her up.

"The plaster had just been removed and you want to run?" Hot breath sprayed on her neck and it felt so itchy that she immediately shrunk her neck.

Looking up, she saw a dazzling smile and she grinned happily. "The doctor said I can walk. Actually, it was just a minor injury and such elaborate measures were unnecessary."

She looked at Zhen Lang's taut face.  Smoothly, she wound her hands behind his neck and nestled her head into his neck. "Can I? .......Can I? ........."

"Okay, okay."  Zhen Lang gave her a light peck on her cheek.  "You can just walk for a while."

"Great!"  She shouted happily and stretched out her foot.

"Wait, wait."  The noisy person was once again pulled back.  "Are you going to leave like this?"

"Of course!"  She followed his line of sight and inexplicably looked down at her bare foot.

Five toes, delicate and lovely, glowed pinkish under the light.  Under their gaze, the toes unconsciously flinched, trembled and was immediately hidden behind her other leg.

Jia Shao giggled foolishly. "I came out from the house with my leg in plaster.  I forgot.....forgot...."

When they came, her foot was wrapped in gypsum plaster, so she was unable to put on her shoes.  In addition, Zhen Lang had given her a hot passionate kiss at that time, how was it possible for her to remember?

Zhen Lang stretched out his hand and tightened his hold around her waist. "It's okay.  I will carry you out."

"No!" Jia Shao stared at him with big round eyes. "You can't exert too much force on your arm!"

"Then........"  Zhen Lang smiled and raised his hands to take off his coat.  Casually, he threw the coat over to Jia Shao, turned his back to her and said. "Climb up."

Jia Shao had some misgivings and saw from afar a few men who were straining their necks watching them.  "Or else, let them carry me.  Anyway, it is only to the door."

Anyway, they were bodyguards that Uncle Xie had arranged for them and asking those men for help should not be a problem, right?

Zhen Lang turned his head and in a sullen tone said.  "Do you think I would let other men hold you?"

Jia Shao was stunned.  Zhen Lang's eyes flashed with a threat and immediately she obediently climbed up and wrapped both her legs around his waist.

Zhen Lang put an arm around her back and patted her ass. "Hold tight, we are leaving."

Jia Shao hugged his neck and giggled.

"Dr. Zhen!"  Wang Shao Guan, who was ignored for a long time, had followed a few steps behind Zhen Lang from his office all this while.  Finally, she could not help but call out.

Zhen Lang turned around, gave the person on his back a slight bounce and said. "Miss Wang, I am really sorry.  I have to take care of this little ancestor first."

At the same time, when Jia Shao who was on his back, she saw Wang Shao Guan.  Her happy expression froze and her eyes slightly squinted.

"Ah Lang, don't you feel tired?  Hurry up, let's get into the car."

No longer wishing to look at the ugly and stiff expression of Wang Shao Guan, he turned around and strode towards the door.

Wang Shao Guan's chest rose and fell heavily.  Her hands with beautifully polished nails were clenched into fists.  She bit hard on her bright red colored lip and stared fixedly at the two people in front of her.

When Zhen Lang was about to step out of the hospital main door, suddenly she raised her voice and said. "Dr. Zhen, do you know this woman is someone else's fiancée?  She is simply a woman with loose morals and she is playing with your feelings.  She will not be willing to part with her rich and powerful husband."

Her loud voice burst into echoes in the huge hospital hall attracting countless curious eyes and whispers.

Hostility between the two women circulated in the air.  Jia Shao shifted her body slightly, wrapped her arms even more tightly around Zhen Lang and glanced at the beautiful woman opposite her.

She is not a provocative person, she is already the winner and she is lazy. Too lazy to fight, too lazy to care and also too lazy to explain.

Zhen Lang turned his head.  His deep mysterious eyes gave her a radiant gaze that was only for her alone and asked the person who was resting her head on his shoulders.  "Is your husband very rich?"

Jia Shao tilted her head, returned the same radiant gaze, lightly laughed and thought for a while.  "Should be...."

"So.....do you love me or......love your husband?"

Jia Shao laughed lightly. "Both."

Such a shameless answer in the presence of all the people drew weird and disdainful looks, but Zhen Lang's next words were even more shameless.

Zhen Lang raised his voice. "So from today on, I shall be the little white face kept by you.* 

(Little white face is a man kept by a wealthy woman for her pleasure or it can also mean a handsome young man or a gigolo.)

Jia Shao nodded continuously while laughing cheerfully and light-heartedly,

The two people quickly disappeared through the door, leaving behind the woman standing in the middle of the hall with her furious face continuously changing from green, red, white and purple.

5