Chapter 59 – End
4k 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Papa!......." The beautiful doll in front of the small kid's desk looked up when he saw the man entering the door and displayed a sweet smiling face.  The clear word slipped out of his tender red lips and his glittering eyes were beautiful and bright.

"Good boy." Zhen Lang gave his son an approving smile and his eyes subconsciously searched around.  After the doll got the praise he wanted, he lowered his head to continue playing with the toy in his hand.  He did not make any noise nor caused any trouble and neither did he clamor for attention.

This son is exactly like him regardless of appearance or character. It was said that Jia Shao had held him in her arms for 3 days and 3 nights and tossed him around just to look for similarities between the child and herself.

Of course, in the end, the result was a failure.

He has a tender face, a pair of big, alert, sparkling eyes and a sweet smile that can instantly trick a person into giving him complete trust. However, there is no trace of a child's devilish destructive power or a child's crying tendencies and he does not jump around, does not act shamelessly, does not act willfully and is never unreasonable.

A child who is so sensible and never makes a ruckus, is in fact what most parents would have hoped for but Jia Shao felt extremely depressed.

An ideal is always beautiful, the reality is always cruel.

Poor Jia Shao did not think she would actually give birth to a replica of Zhen Lang and from inside out, she could not even find a shadow of herself in the child.

He looked at his wife who lying sideways sleeping on the sofa. Her face was flushed and she looked like she was having a sweet dream. She was quietly sleeping with her hair in a mess, her clothes were crumpled and there was a suspicious speck of dirt on her face, all which showed unspeakable misery.

He sat down beside his son and watched as his son played with the puzzle, without any intention of helping the child. "What happened to your Mama today?"

The doll looked at the piece of puzzle in his hand and after thinking for a while, he put it down. "She said that takeaway food is not nutritious so she cooked lunch for me."

Zhen Lang's gaze swept towards the kitchen and it was a scene of blackened mess. The floor was shining with puddles of water, pots and pans were all scattered in a corner and he could only imagine the tragic and violent situation at that time.

He looked at his son who was calmly playing with the puzzle and reached out his hand to pick up the child to sit him on his lap. "You must not reject your Mama's love."

"Lunch this afternoon was takeaway." The doll poked his head out of his father's embrace and held a piece of puzzle in his hand with some uncertainty.

"When you can't figure out something, then you should not keep thinking about it all the time." Zhen Lang took away the piece of puzzle from his son's hand. "Why don't we play something else?"

The beautiful child showed a perfect smile. "Today, Mama didn't train with me."

Picking up his son quietly, he threw another glance at his wife who was sleeping on the sofa. Very carefully, he opened the door and both father and son quietly went out. Thus, the two people, father, and son went out to foster their relationship while leaving the tired woman behind to continue with her sleep on the sofa.

On the grass field, his son charged at him waving little fists and his hand paused slightly, easily dodging the fists.

Striking into emptiness, the little doll felt unhappy. His little body twisted then turned sideways with flexibility and continued to rush at his father.

Running back and forth, one was serious and the other was playful, the both of them sparred with each other happily on the field.

His beautiful little face was flushed and beads of sweat had appeared on his forehead. He was panting breathlessly and his pair of beautiful big eyes was still shining brightly.

Zhen Lang looked at his son's pair of eyes which was extremely similar to his own and the corners of his mouth widened into a big smile.

That sparkle in his eyes when he sees something that he loves, that character which does not give up until he achieved his goal, that fighting spirit that is stronger in face of difficulties...... were all the characteristics of that person.

Unfortunately, the unobservant mother always lamented about the child's features without noticing certain details.

He lifted his eyes at the balcony and saw a slender figure.

As soon as Zhen Lang entered the door, her sharp senses had acutely picked up the smell of her husband but it was just that her fatigue had still not faded. After her husband had taken their son out of the house, she then only truly allowed herself to sleep deeply.

No matter how tired she felt she did not dare to leave her young child to play on his own, shirking her responsibility and go to sleep.

But speaking of this.......

Recently, she seems to always feel tired and love to sleep.

"Mama!......" The soft body rolled on the grass and grabbed his father's thigh, successfully accomplishing his 'capture' mission. His clear, crisp voice called out to the person on the balcony.

Jia Shao leaned against the balcony railing and gave her sweetest smile to the two people closest to her.

Their similar appearance easily brought back memories of his childhood to her mind and while she was admiring the masterpiece of their creation, she reminisced their immature years in the past.

Zhen Zhi Qian.......her son.......their son.......

When he was born, he had attracted everyone's attention and loved by everyone. While the maternal grandpa was flipping through the pages of the Ci Hai* in search of a great name for their beloved grandson, the paternal grandpa waved his pen and gifted the baby's mother with a million-dollar reward.

(Ci Hai is a reference book which contains a wealth of information on philosophy, history, medicine, law, etc., and it is also used as a dictionary and an encyclopedia. This book was first initiated in 1915 and was officially published in 1936 and over time, it had undergone numerous updates and changes.)

As she held the baby in her arms, she exclaimed. "He is truly worth a great deal of money."

So, the name was then decided to be.........Truly worth money.

(Zhen Zhi Qian is the name of the baby and it means Zhen-Honest-Modest. Zhen is the surname and therefore cannot be changed. The pinyin and pronunciation of the name are the same with the words 'Truly-worth-money but the Chinese characters of the two names in writing are totally different.)

The doll was only 3 years old when he already could detect something amiss with the adults' laughter and even as he protested, he only received his mother's mad laughter as a dismissal.

Let him have the same brains as his father, let him be as smart and wise as his father, who told him to be his father's son?  If she cannot bully his father, then she will just bully him instead.

If there is another baby, can the baby be named as.......Zhen You Qian?

(Zhen You Qian means Zhen-Leisure-Money has the same pinyin as 'Truly-have-money' and the Chinese characters of the two names in writing are also different.)

As her thoughts ran, a demonic smile appeared on her face.

Of course, if the baby is a cute and sweet girl, she can consider changing to a sweeter and more elegant name.

She wants a daughter.......a gentle and beautiful daughter.

While she was immersed in her thoughts, the two figures on the field had disappeared and there was a slight noise coming from the main door.

She smiled and waved at them. A soft wet body covered in sweat flew into her arms and a sweet voice yelled. "Mama, hug........"

Stretching out her arms, she picked up her son and walked towards the bathroom. "You can clean up. I will give him a bath."

The doll sat obediently in his mother's arms and a piece of white paper in his hands caught her eye.

"What is this?" Jia Shao paused and reached for it.

With folded arms, Zhen Lang leaned against the door panel and smiled at his wife and son. "It's a paper plane. That's what we played with when we were young. I folded one for him and he has been happily playing with it."

Raising his voice, he spoke to his son. "Put down the paper plane and go with your Mama."

The delicate face kept turning while his pair of big eyes was looking around and it seemed he was looking for a place to put down his beloved paper plane. After turning his head around several times, his chubby hands moved and the paper plane fell on Jia Shao's chest. At the same time, the paper plane slipped down her baggy T-shirt. "Mama, let me put it there for a while."

Mama, let me put it there for a while......put it there for a while.......put it there for a while......

Suddenly Jia Shao felt as if she was struck by a thunderbolt and froze on the spot. The little delicate face in front of her kept turning around and as if the door of time had opened, she was drawn back in time to more than 10 years in the past.

"Zhen - Zhi - Qian ! ! ! " Jia Shao gritted her teeth and she had a distorted expression on her face.

"Ha, ha......" Sounds of laughter rang out and the poor doll was quickly snatched over by his father's hands.  Swiftly, the father and son moved towards the bathroom accompanied by a voice giving out advice.  "This is your Papa's sole right.  It was these words that made my woman remember me for so many years.  If you want to put down your plane, you have to look for your own place.  I have already occupied this parking ground for more than a decade."

"Zhen Lang ! ! ! "

The roaring lioness finally showed her ferocity.  With clenched fists, she rushed at him and her fist brushed past his cheek before slamming on the wall.

On the white wall where the fist landed, cracks appeared and white powdery dust began to fall.

The little head of the initiator shrank and hid in the arms of his father while he softly whimpered. "Papa......"

With an indifferent expression, Zhen Lang pulled off his son's pants and placed it next to the bathtub. "It doesn't matter...... The kitchen needs to be renovated, so this will be repaired as well."

Turning his head around, he swept his eyes over his beloved wife's face. "Recently, you have been acting abnormally. Tomorrow I will take you to the hospital for a check-up. If there is nothing wrong, then only you are allowed to continue your training."

His calm tone and his unquestionable expression made Jia Shao shrank and did not dare to move.

The doll was splashing in the bathtub sending countless water beads flying into the air. Under the warm light, colorful little bubbles began to rise and the bubbles flew up to rest on the doll's wet hair causing cries of delight and laughter.

 

In the yellow-tinged memories of the past, that summer afternoon, the handsome young boy holding up a snow-white paper plane in his hand, leaned towards the girl in front of him.

"Jia Shao, allow me to park my plane on your chest for a while."

 

***#*#*#*#*#*** END ***#*#*#*#*#***

07122018

5