Chapter 22
3.9k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          At noon, I heard from Wu Shuang that Jiang Li also treated other people extremely cold, especially girls who were interested in him. He would generally maintain a distance of one kilometer and never gave them any opportunity to fantasize about him.

          I tactfully asked Wu Shuang whether he has a preference for men but she denied.  "In fact, the relationship between Jiang Li and Teacher Ye is good.  Every time they meet, they will smile at each other.  Oh, Jiang Li is also on good terms with the school flower in Class 3.  Oh, and also, with the school flower runner-up in Class 1."

          I became silent and in my heart I cursed.  It seems Jiang Li has very selective preferences.  In the short term, whether I could complete my task is also a problem.  To give him my love letter, skill is needed or else according to this young boy's indifferent personality, he absolutely would not allow me to reprieve myself in front of everyone.  The irony is that I am a toad that wants to eat a swan's meat* (Desire for someone who is of higher level or status that is totally beyond reach).

          I felt depressed.  Why do children nowadays place such harsh requirements on external beauty?  When I go home I have to tell Fei Ge that for so many years, our way of grooming our inner beauty had been completely wrong.  We had gone down the curved path as the inventor had not invented the see-through glasses and the men were blind for they could not see inner beauty but only could see the cup size.

          I was being pressured and the present is favorable only to young people.  I had to face an 18-year-old young boy which suddenly gave me a sense of being powerless.

          I had put all my effort into the flowing three-thousand-worded love letter.

          But to place this love letter into his hands, I need to plan skillfully.  It had to be in a place less frequented and if anyone found out that I had failed, where would I put this face of mine?

          I cannot place my face on my butt, can I?

          Today, I was tormented.  I tried to find an opportunity to get close to Jiang Li twice.  When I asked him a question, he did not ignore me.  Reluctantly, with a cold face, he explained a bit to me then after finishing, he turned and continued on his papers and no longer paid any attention to me.  During lessons, I did not pay attention to the lecture instead pretended to be smitten with him and stared at him with a silly smile of infatuation.  Jiang Li could not stand my harassment, obliquely send me a cold warning look, turned and continued to listen to the lecture.

          I guessed he wanted to beat me up until I faint but I still had to continue carrying out my plan and became a shameless dogskin plaster*. (This medicine plaster is used in traditional Chinese medicine treatment for contusions, rheumatism, etc.)

          With my fake chest, I clung and stalked him while asking questions until he could not stand the harassment.  Then he began to talk to me using a few words, such as.  'Why are you so stupid', 'This question you don’t even know, where are your brains?', 'Still don’t understand?'.  Although his face still had that cold expression, I saw signs of melting ice and snow.

          Two days later, on a Thursday, I found a great opportunity to pass him the love letter which started a round of a great fired-up love chase.

          Thursday was Jiang Li's turn to be on class duty and was responsible for the final garbage dumping duty.  I planned to wait until almost everyone had gone when I would boldly corner him, brazenly follow him home, at the same time have a meal with him and then……he, he,….

          In the afternoon, when everyone had almost gone, I squatted near the school trash bin was wearing the uniform that the school distributed to me yesterday, a short western-style set with red pleated skirt revealing my two long legs.  The evening breeze was blowing and a faint foul smell of rubbish floated into my nose but my brows did not even wrinkle and I felt excited.  I think two years ago, even with Fu Chen, I was not this passionate.

          It was mainly because this kid had regarded me as insignificant that had stimulated my fighting spirit.  I did not believe that I, Fang Liang Liang could not handle a young boy.  When this aging mother was traversing the rivers and lakes* (An idiom used in ancient times to indicate one who travels all over the country), you were still a young boy with a runny nose and chasing the teacher all over the elementary school!

          Waiting until half-past five, when sunset had deepened and golden rays of sunlight engulfed the whole sky, I, the wolf clad in sheepskin finally got to meet my little black sheep…..Jiang Li.

          "Jiang Li! ! ! !  You are dumping garbage?"  I waved to him warmly, deliberately acting coy and looked at him.  In front of him, I purposely hid the love letter in my hand behind my back and pretending to look helpless.

          At this moment, I really felt I was a girl…..really, really, a girl!

          Jiang Li glanced at the pink envelope in my hands, ignored me and silently walked over to throw away the garbage.  Then again treated me as if I was invisible, he superciliously turned and walked away.

          In fact, I had expected this to happen but when I saw it with my own eyes that it was to become a reality, I still could not resist gnashing my teeth.

          Violence, violence, I really miss violence!

          But it seems that hard tactic did not work, then I decided to be a fly that flew out of the garbage dump, buzzed around him, and clung to him.  I did not believe he could continue to treat me as invisible.  With my fake chest bouncing, I chased after Jiang Li and asked warmly and unyieldingly.  "Jiang Li, are you going home?  Where do you live?  My house is in Lubei District, where is yours?"

          Jiang Li turned around to give me a sidelong glance and reluctantly he spat out the words.  "Xicheng District."

          "Xicheng District is at the edge of Lubei District.  I'm also going there to buy some cakes to take home, then I can walk with you."  I followed him walking behind while smiling mischievously with the skin on my face as thick as my bra padding.

          Jiang Li walked with big steps and impatiently said.  "I'm not used to walking with others." 

          I continued to act the role of Xiao Qiang* (The pseudonym for a resilient cockroach) and chased after him.  "Not used to it…..is okay.  Slowly you'll get used to it.  There is always a first time."

          "Hey, what do you actually want?"  Jiang Li who was walking in front abruptly stopped and as I could not stop in time, I crashed my two large fake breasts into his thin back.

          "Ah!…….…"

          Even if my face was as thick as the padding supporting my fake chest, crashing into the boy's young and flexible body, I felt really embarrassed for a moment.

          Beside us, in the lonely, cold flower bed, a startled sparrow hunting for food fluttered its wings and flew away.  Both of us feeling a little embarrassed stood in silence.  Jiang Li's handsome face flashed a trace of discomfort and hastily said.  "Sorry."  Then his face became ashen and he turned around to walk away with big steps.

          "Hey, hey, hey!……."  I hastily called after him.  "Jiang Li, slow down!  I'll walk with you, I….. I have something to give you!"

          Jiang Li did not turn his head and with his back still facing me, he coldly said.  "Go home.  I don’t want it."

          "No, no……you must.  I had waited for you until now to give you this."

          He ignored me and his walking pace became significantly faster.  For every step he took, it was three steps for me and in a short while, he had put at a great distance between us.

          "Jiang Li…….Jiang Li……I have something to tell you!"  I risked this old life to chase after Jiang Li.  He was walking in front while I was following behind him and both of us exited the school gate.  Suddenly in front of the traffic light, he made a mad dash across the street and left me alone staring at the flashing red light, panting breathlessly.

          "Brat, this aging mother is not going to eat you!"  I swore under my breath and I looked across the street at that brat's handsome back.  In my heart, I was upset with myself for having rusty old bones.  Really I had not run for many years and could not outrun young people.

          In my heart, I sighed as I had used up all my creative ideas to deal with him.

          At this moment, across the busy street, Jiang Li was walking with big steps towards an elegantly dressed woman and his cold face broke into a dazzling smile.

          I took a clear look and cursed.  It was the gentle Teacher Ye with her big chest! ! ! !

          At this point, Teacher Ye was smiling shyly, talking to a tall man wearing a black suit, with his back facing me.  The two people stopped talking when they saw Jiang Li approaching and Teacher Ye waved her hand to greet Jiang Li.

          His Mother!……halfway through my plan, the appearance of this big wet nurse ruined my big chase!

          I anxiously stomped my feet.  Blinking my eyes, I threw caution to the wind and dashed across the street ignoring the traffic lights.

          Something did not feel right.  This Jiang Li was too gentle and tender towards Teacher Ye.  According to Fei Ge, one must not think that young boys nowadays only like to play cool, but in fact, they like matured, charming sophisticated women.  Jiang Li and Teacher Ye could have already caught each other's eye* (Have feelings for each other). 

          After all, during remedial class, when a man and a woman are alone together and if she were to wear less during springtime........since Teacher Ye's cup size is so big………

          I was feeling anxious.  Whatever the consequences, in order to give my imaginary rival a warning to tactfully remind her not to neglect her teacher's duty, I had to do this.

I rushed towards Teacher Ye and Jiang Li who were talking cheerfully and shouted loudly.  "Jiang Li, I like you!  I love you at first sight!  Accept my love letter!"

          My confession shot through the sky* (very loud), and I was also moved by my own 'deep affections'.

          A few steps away, Jiang Li's smile froze and turned cold and Teacher Ye was shocked.  I felt complacent of my decision for making the first move to gain the upper hand.  The tall man standing opposite Teacher Ye with his back was facing me was still in the same position.

          Something was wrong…..familiar hairstyle, familiar figure, familiar back view, familiar elite temperament……where have I seen this before?

2