Chapter 23
3.9k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I stared blankly.  Suddenly I felt dark clouds pressuring from the top* (Pressure from rampant evil forces) giving me a bad premonition.  When I was in a daze for that few seconds, the man slowly changed his facing position, slowly…..slowly…..he turned around.  I took a glance and the boiling blood in my body condensed…….

          In front of me was a face like cold water with thin lips pressed together......this viper-like handsome man, damn……is this not my number one enemy, Kang Zixian?

          Oh, Heavens, did you lose your eyes?  Earth, are your eyes missing?  Did both of you collectively lost your eyes?!!

          At this moment, the cold light that shot out of Kang Zixian's eyes were like sharp knives, cutting me to shreds.  My face was burning and my brains tighten into a ball just like a runaway child who had done wrong and was caught half-way.  I was feeling shocked, lost and very embarrassed.

          Not to mention a hole......if now, I am given a dog hole, I would not hesitate to crawl into it!

          An ungrateful woman who ran off smugly and now is caught again portraying a love-struck idiot.  Do not say I am tragic, I am simply only a fighter in a tragedy.

          God knows how this man in front of me, would use his vicious, poisonous sharp mouth to ridicule me on my silly sister image, making me so angry that I would have internal bleeding.  I just wanted to bang myself against the wall and faint.

          Every time I meet with this man, it feels very strange like an ill-fated relationship and if I cannot win, then I have to withdraw and I have to retreat immediately.......backward.

          I turned my eyes and was about to run off when Teacher Ye, perhaps feeling embarrassed when she saw me staring at Kang Zixian, turned to reveal her gentle and kind smile.  She pretended she did not hear and gently greeted me.  "Jian Mei Da…ah, it's so late, why are you still here?"

          A flash of shining lightning crossed my eyes.

          Teacher Ye, why did you call out my false name?  Is this not adding to my problems?

          Holding the wrinkled love letter in my hand, my lips twitched and standing a few steps away from Kang Zixian, I was electrocuted by his high-voltage power into a silly chicken.  After a long while, acting coyly I said.  "Ha, ha……Teacher Ye, I'm going.  He, he, he……I'm going……."

          There is a  demon present and my ambitious heart had also died down.  At the side, Jiang Li looked at me coldly with an angry expression and I guessed he was angry because I had ruined his interaction with Teacher Ye. 

          Tomorrow, I will make more persistent efforts.

          "Goodbye, Teacher Ye."  After giving her a bow, I turned around with the intention to run off but before I could even turn, a cold resonant voice, comparable to the sound of Brain Magic.*, sounded from behind me.  (Brain Magic is a Hongkong horror film)

          "You still have not given him your love letter."

          I knew it!……

          I gritted my teeth and in my heart, I almost chewed Kang Zixian, who was standing behind me, into ten thousand pieces but because of the task in hand, even if I feel extremely angry, I still had to endure.

          In embarrassment, I turned around and stared at him unhappily as a warning:  Be tactfully do not meddle with my business nor hinder my work. 

          As I stared at Kang Zixian, he was also not courteous and he returned my look coldly with tightened lips. Both our eyes were unconsciously locked together.

          I put on a fake smile towards Kang Zixian and said.  "Yes….ah, thank you, Uncle, for reminding me."

          As soon as the word 'uncle' came out from my mouth, Kang Zixian did not speak, pulled his face taut and at the same time, stared at me, giving out the feeling as if his body was covered with a thin layer of frost.

          Teacher Ye saw me turn around with an angry expression and I was openly staring, offending the stranger.  Probably she was afraid that I would ruin the good reputation of A-High School and in order to divert attention, she put her hands on her waist in a serious manner and said in a soft, low-pitched voice.  "Jian Mei Da, you can write love letters but you must also not forget your math homework."

          Teacher Ye was reminding me about this morning, that I did not pass up my math assignment.  This morning, I and Fei Ge had overslept.  When I woke up, it was already 8 o'clock and when I rushed to the school, the bastards had already started their lessons.  How could I have the time to copy the assignment?  It led to five teachers from five subjects collectively and specifically wanted me to do ideological work* (Student's brainwashing sessions to instill good morals, correct their mistakes and keep them in line), giving me fierce training so that I would not end up being mouse feces in a pot of porridge.* ( A person's problem which could implicate a whole group of people.), ruining Class 4, the pot of good porridge.  Because I still had to mix in this school, so I had no choice but to promise over and over again not to repeat the offense.  Never in this life, had I been such a loser.

          I could tolerate being wronged throughout the day but did not expect to bump into a hard nail.

          I had even failed to hand over the love letter and also had the misfortune to meet my enemy.  If I had consulted the Lunar calendar* (The Chinese calendar) today, I may not have such bad luck.

          Talking about this, the letter which I had written with blood and tears which eventually could not be passed on, was now forced by the enemy to pass on……then should I or should I do it?

          At this important moment, I could not afford to screw up so I gritted my teeth and decided to simply pass on the love letter rather than hold on to it because I could not guarantee I would not go crazy and swallow the letter.  

          Without looking at Kang Zixian, I lifted my chest and gave Teacher Ye a polite smile then said loudly.  "Teacher Ye, rest assured that I will not forget!  I want to learn from Jiang Li, to be a student of good morals and be intellectually developed!

          Then I turned my brilliant smile towards Jiang Li who was all this time, coldly watching by the side.  He stared at me and his demeanor made him look like an arrogant prince. 

          Today, because of this brat, I had really lost face and endured the strong hatred lurking in my heart.  Pretending to be shy, I lowered my head and shoved the love letter into his hand and whispered unhesitatingly.  "This is for you."

          Jiang Li glanced at the love letter in his hand and most probably he did not expect I would so bold to do this in front of the teacher.  He looked up in a panic and glanced at me.  With some hesitation, he looked into the eyes of the teacher and then he wanted to shove it back into my hand.

          His instinctive sideway glance rang an alarm bell in my head.  This was a thorny problem.  This kid really has feelings for Teacher Ye and is afraid if he took my love letter, she would misunderstand and be angry.

          He really wanted to shove it back into my hand and began to speak.  "I don’t….."

          "You are not going to refuse, are you?"  I rushed over to step in front of him.  I grabbed his hand with both my hands to block his hand’s movement and gritting my teeth, I smiled at him to prevent him from refusing. 

          At the same time, I felt as if a thorn was being stuck in my back* (A feeling of extreme discomfort) and a hole was burning fast into my school uniform........scorching hot! 

          Behind me, the man's presence was too strong.

          Under the three pairs of watchful eyes, a dash of electric fire flashed.  I had a plan and I believed that only a few words would effectively settle the complex relationship between the four of us.

          I could make the bastard give up his feeling for Teacher Ye and also make Kang Zixian, this man hate me till his teeth itch, never to bother me again.

          After dealing with Jiang Li, I turned around with a smile and threw a glance at the cold Kang Zixian who was watching me act out my play with tightened lips.  Facing Teacher Ye, I would play my last act for the day which would also be the most exciting show.

          Time for my finale!

          Pretending to be an innocent girl, I blinked my eyes and pointed my fingers at Kang Zixian while facing the matured Teacher Ye, I asked loudly.  "Hey, Teacher Ye, is this Uncle your boyfriend?"

          "Ah?"  Teacher Ye was caught by surprise.  Her face flushed a tinge of pink and shyly looked at Kang Zixian as she waved her hands.  "No, not….."

          Probably I had exposed the thoughts in her heart and Teacher Ye was obviously embarrassed.  She softly rebuked me.  "This child…….you really…….."

          I laughed.  "Teacher don’t deny it.  Look, Uncle feels so sad……"

          "Isn't that right, Uncle?"  I turned slightly and called Kang Zixian affectionately.  His face sank just like the last time when I teased him while I was in a drunken state.  In the end, with his deep bottomless eyes, he had given me a chilling look that would make a person shudder…... like now.

          "I'm not your Uncle, little child."  Kang Zixian coldly answered.  The words 'little child' was stressed heavily.  In actual fact, it was to mock me.

          Well, you are really not my uncle, you are my enemy!  I had run a half-circle and you still caught me........just blame it on my bad luck!

          "Of course, you are…..Uncle."  To embarrass him, I respectfully bowed to him and said in honesty.  "Uncle, you are so handsome.  You and my teacher will make a good match.  When you get married, can I be your flower girl?"

          Kang Zixian's face darkened and by his side, Teacher Ye clutched her big chest and exclaimed.  "Jian Mei Da, this child……how can you joke?"

          I laughed innocently and with my purpose reached, the finale had come to an end.  I was ready to retreat when Kang Zixian suddenly opened his mouth.

          He was no longer looking at me.  There was a creepy smile on his face that made the hairs on my body stand on ends.  According to my understanding of him, under normal circumstances, this man would never smile and once he smiles, there would be basically only two reasons:  1 - he is in a good mood.......2 - he is in a bad mood........

          At this moment, it could be guessed whether his mood was good or bad.

          His smile was elegant and unfathomable.  Leisurely, he said to Teacher Ye.  "Miss Ye, the students that you teach, are they really so special?  A-High School is definitely really different."

          Perhaps Kang Zixian's dazzling handsome face had instantly taken away Teacher Ye's breathing abilities.  Her face turned crimson and she completely lost her articulation that was always present during her class.  Now she was more like a little girl feeling her first awakening of love.

          She looked at me and Jiang Li then she stammered and said shyly.  "Yes, comparatively more special……they are very smart."

          Whatever Teacher Ye said was actually not coming from her heart and in fact, I guessed she would love to make mincemeat sauce out of me.

          Kang Zixian smiled and lightly said.  "I think it's because Teacher Ye is a good teacher."

          "Mr. Kang, thank you for your praise."  Teacher Ye was not able to control herself and when Kang Zixian praised her, her ears turned red.

          The man in front of me who took care of me for a night is now paying attention to another woman and I had an uncomfortable feeling.  I had even felt grateful to him......I even thought he was not bad and the result…….

          Even if I die, I would not admit that I felt a little disappointed.

          I was about to leave when Kang Zixian twisted his words and said.  "But did Miss Ye ever taught your students a principle…..."

          "What is it?  Mr. Kang, please tell me."  Teacher Ye smiled gently and asked.  Her eyes were full of Kang Zixian's smile.

          By now, Teacher Ye completely ignored Jiang Li beside her.  Looking at her infatuated face, I could not help but sigh for Jiang Li who was standing silently behind me.  The beauty already had someone else in mind…..so brother, come to your senses and quickly return to me.

          But I have a strange feeling......Kang Zixian does not like to talk nonsense and if he wants to say something, he certainly must have a purpose.

          Subconsciously, I paid attention to Kang Zixian's words.  "When you have the opportunity, Miss Ye may wish to teach your students……."  He paused.

          Suddenly, his dark eyes rested on me and there was a taunting light smile on his face.  "The earth is round like a flower bed.  It is better to avoid taking detours and it is not advisable to flaunt little smart tricks.”

          "Ah? .......Of course…..."  When Teacher Ye heard of his 'flower bed theory', she was at a loss.  However, she still nodded in acknowledgment and then looked at me and Kang Zixian thoughtfully.

2