Chapter 25
4.1k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I was running for my life in the rain that was splattering down with force and I was soaked to the skin.  In the beginning, Dong Zi was closely following me behind me but this old woman when not acting up would be like a sick chicken and once crazy, I would be like a wild pheasant.  Dong Zi was gradually panting and lagging far behind by me.

          I heard him panting badly behind like an old cow as he shouted.  "Senior Sister….. *hu, hu*……I, I can't……..*hu, hu*, he is catching up! ! !"

          Breathing heavily, I turned around and through the thick curtain of rain, I saw Kang Zixian was about five to six meters behind Dong Zi.  Battered and exhausted, Dong Zi saw a girl by the roadside opening a taxi door and was about to get into it.  He executed a beautiful arrow-shot, soared and flipped over the fencing and then dived into the taxi like a cat causing the girl in the taxi to scream in shock.

          Dong Zi raised up his index finger to hush the girl and said something to her.  The girl instantly shrunk back and quietened down.  Dong Zi anxiously glanced at Kang Zixian and wound down the car window.  He waved at me and shouted loudly.  "Senior Sister, quick……quickly come in! ! !"

          Kang Zixian also heard as he ran.  He threatened me and fiercely shouted.  "Fang Liang Liang, you can try getting into the car!"

          The enemy was closing in which did not give me time to get into the car.  To ensure Dong Zi's safety, I decisively said.  "Don’t worry about me.  Leave first!"

          Dong Zi shouted back.  "No, Senior Sister!  In difficulty, we work together……if there is a car, we'll ride together!……."

          The sound of rain was great and the man was giving me a headache. This school witch yelled at the taxi driver.  "Mister, take this crow away from here! ! ! "

          The taxi instantly drove away with Dong Zi.  Kang Zixian was about three to four meters behind me.  I panicked and slowed down then picked up speed again and ran like my life depended on it.

          'Senior Sister, run! ! ! !'  These were the last parting words Dong Zi said to me before he was driven away.  His hysterical roar still echoed in my ear.  While I was running in the rain, I remembered a Hollywood movie I had watched many years ago.  In the film, a little blonde girl was shouting to a crippled boy who was chased by several bad boys and she shouted.  'Forrest, run!.....run!'

          That boy's IQ was said to be only 75.

          He was the world-famous silly man, called Forrest Gump.

          Suddenly I felt sad.  Maybe I am Forrest's child because it looks like I am as stupid as him.

          Forrest Gump's IQ was 75.......I felt mine was only 57.

          "Fang Liang Liang, do you still want to run?!  Stop!  Do you hear me?!  …….Stop, do you want to get sick? !"  Kang Zixian was still chasing me.  It sounded like he was angry and at the same time, helpless.

          Stop?  You must be joking! ! !

          Heavy rain continued to pour down.  The people carrying their umbrellas watched as we staged a cat and mouse open play, curiously pointing at us but I ignored them. 

          Wiping the droplets of rain that was blurring my vision from my face and I slightly turned my body and yelled.  "Kang Zixian, you forced me!"

          The shouting turned into a drama of a bully forcing a little girl to be a prostitute.  A few kind-hearted passers-by came forward in support of justice and blocked Kang Zixian.  "Hey, brother, don’t bully the little girl……."

          "Move away......family matters."  Kang Zixian coldly answered.  His voice was as cold as the rain, revealing his burning anger which was inextinguishable.

          "You must be distinctive, who……who is your family?"  I was alarmed and panting I stopped to turn my head and refuted.  Then when I looked through the rain curtain, I saw his gloomy handsome face approaching and felt an inexplicable fear.  I lifted my leg to escape.

          "Still run?"  The man speaking behind me was gnashing his teeth.

          Suddenly, I had an intuition that it would be difficult to escape from the demon's claw.

          The terrible reality brutally confirmed my intuition.

          Five minutes later, I was cornered by Kang Zixian in a dead-end alley.  Gasping for breath, my throat was on fire and I was exhausted to the extreme.

          Both of us, a man and a woman were shrouded under the cover of rain.  I leaned my back against the wall and both his hands were propped up on the wall beside me.  I was mercilessly imprisoned between the wall and his chest......so near that we could feel the rapid rise and fall of each other's chests and our energetic heartbeats after the hard run. 

          It was a sight of extreme embarrassment.  Our bodies were wet through and every inch of our skin was invaded by the cold rain and our faces were plastered with messy hair.  On our foreheads, transparent raindrops slipped down our faces, droplet by droplet, quietly and silently falling to the ground.

          I looked up at him in horror and he looked down at me gloomily.  Our eyes locked together as we stood motionless in the rain.  The posture was a bit like Qiong Yao's love story where two lovers were so crazily in love......just like two silly idiots.

          Why am I having such cranky thoughts?  How can I fall in love with this evil man?  If this is true, then whatever that is waiting for me would not be sweet but would be a nightmare, day and night.

          My skin sprung goosebumps under his gaze and my heart felt a little timid.  I forced myself to hold up my chest to accept his horrifying look.

          While panting, he squinted his bright, scary eyes to look at me and said in a low voice.  "Enough of running?"

          This time, still feeling rebellious, I turned my face aside to avoid looking at him and said.  "Not enough."

          This was only a retort and in fact, my heart was beating like a drum......beating so badly.

          Frankly, the current situation made my legs weak.  If it was fighting, it would be so much simpler.  Just pull up my sleeves, let out a shout and I could start the fight.  But now…..this kind of chaos and ambiguity was conveyed through the warmth of his body due to his closeness, putting me at a loss.  Except for answering back to him, I really did not know how to parry with him.

          "Very good."

          I listened to his low whisper which sounded like a curse. I had not even come to my senses when a pair of big hands arrogantly pulled my chin over and a dark shadow covered my eyes.  His cold lips were viciously pressed against mine......he actually kissed me!

          "Bastard……*wu*……" The feeling of being violated was strong.  I was feeling so angry and subconsciously I kicked him.  But the normally elegant hypocrite finally showed his beastly true colors by simply ignoring my kicks.   When I opened my mouth in surprise, his warm tongue took advantage and pushed its way in.  He prodded his tongue fiercely into my mouth to show his anger, so strong that I was unable to struggle.

          After the frenzy kiss, I really became the second generation of Forrest Gump.  Blood from my whole body rushed up to my brain and it went blank, so much so that I did not know where to look and my body trembled. 

          His hot searing kiss lingered on my lips.  I lowered my head, wanted to dig a dog hole and crawl into it.  This is really shameful!

          Ah….retribution….if that day I was not crazily drunk, if I had not taken a liking to his coat, if I had been a bit polite to him in the beginning, maybe he would not be so rude towards me now…….

          "Your Mother!….you, you, you……you bastard."  My lips trembled, speaking incoherently.

          "I'll ask you again."  Kang Zixian was still holding my chin in his hand, making me, who was frightened and at a loss, looked into his intimidating eyes.  "Enough of running?"

          I pursed my lips and wanted to stubbornly shake my head but then I saw his eyes narrowing dangerously.  Trembling, I nodded my head and unwillingly whispered.  "…..Enough......."

          "Do you still want to escape next time?"  He lifted his eyebrows.  His voice was filled with dangerous enchantment.  "Huh?"

          My bad temper once again shot up.  I did not speak and in my heart, I told myself that this old woman was forced.  Next time, I would not repeat the same mistake.  If I did not try to escape, my surname 'Fang' would be written backward.  It would be strange if I did not try to escape!

As if he could read my thoughts of protests during this brief period of a few short seconds, Kang Zixian hooked up his lips into a slight smile and his eyes flashed with a trace of evil which made my scalp tingle.

          Laughing like a devil with one hand playing with my silly big sister braid, he suddenly leaned over my ear and spoke softly.  ”Oh, how can I forget?  Our Police Officer Fang is not only good at lying and your escaping skill is also excellent.  But what should I do Police Office Fang?…….. Recently I and Deng Loong have some business dealings and I'm afraid, I don’t know which day I would have a dream and leak out information.  In front of Deng Loong, I'm not sure who I will point out to…….."

          "You….."  I clenched my fists, felt anger from the bottom of my heart.  "Surnamed Kang, you are a beast, a bastard!……..  Are you using Dong Zi to threaten me?"

          Facing my verbal abuse, he pulled out a biting cold slight smile and squinting his eyes, he said.  "Fang Liang Liang, you must remember you were the one who forced me first.  You should be absolutely clear who was the one who acted disgracefully recently.  Forgot what you did?  Rest assured, I still have the note with me and seeing it, presumably you will remember everything."

          My face was burning hot and I clamored.  "Hey, Kang Zixian, you have acted shamefully so many times, why I can't do it once?!  Just now you…..you have molested me, I have not settled with you yet!"

          Suddenly he laughed.  "That is also forced by you.  Tit for tat, I also want you to savor the taste of being angry, right?”  He paused and his smile suddenly became a bit bad.  "And, when did I molest you?  I just tried to help you to get warm.  Look, your face is already red, isn't this type of heating method very effective?"

          The handsome man's smiling face in front of my eyes, suddenly made me realize I had lost for the first time in my life:  Namely, there are mountains beyond mountains* (There are always people more powerful than oneself.) and he is even more thick-skinned than me and……. I, Fang Liang Liang had lost........

          It was such a shameful matter but once he answered, it became right and proper.  I could neither laugh nor cry.  He clasped my chin and there was a tinge of gentleness overflowing in his eyes as he said softly.  "Do you know?  Actually, I don’t need to wait until I'm eighty years old.  Nine days…..after nine days we met again."

          "Fang Liang Liang, even if you can run faster, you can never escape the fate that destiny had arranged for you, so lock away your little ingenuity."

          Kang Zixian gently intimidated me and I was shocked out of my wits.  Feeling deflated, I asked.  "That……*he, he*… you…..you also know?   You……how did you know?"

          From the time, he had referred to me as 'Police Officer Fang', I felt he already knew about my identity.  His mother!……he really has remarkable abilities!

          "Do you think that I met you yesterday and today you will be able to fabricate a twin sister to deceive me?"  He objected.

          Meeting a more intelligent person and being ruthlessly exposed to your deeds gave me a bad feeling which could be called……terrible.  I was speechless and humph coldly.

          He continued to speak with eyes slightly squinting and his voice became more pleasant as he began to lecture me.  "You told me you want to be my flower girl?  You are already 24 years old and you still want to be a flower girl?"

          Blinking a few times, I suddenly wanted to make him nauseous so I brought out my false smile and deliberately said in an eccentric tone.  "Uncle Kang, be less picky.  Since I am willing to be a flower girl to you and Teacher Ye, this can be considered as being very nice to you."

          As my voice faded, the surrounding temperature suddenly dropped and Kang Zixian suddenly leaned nearer to me.  His shadow blocked out the skylight and I could only feel the pressure of dark clouds over me.  He coldly opened his mouth to speak.  "Fang Liang Liang, have you ever heard of a bride being a flower girl?"

          "Ah?"

          When Kang Zixian said these words, a bolt of ferocious lightning pierced through the sky and I was hoping that at this moment, the lightning would strike me.

          I was thoroughly stupified.

          Is…….is this a marriage proposal?

          Seeing that I was stunned, motionless and speechless, Kang Zixian was a little embarrassed and said uncomfortably.  "Today is April Fool's Day."

          My two eyes darkened and my whole body suddenly relaxed, like surviving a rebirth after death.

          It was a rainy day but I had a feeling I was sweating.  Just now, that was frightening to hear and the man in front of me was also incredulous.

          Just as I came back to my senses, the man grabbed my hand and had resumed his cold frosty face. "Still blank?  How long do you want me to accompany you getting drenched in the rain?"

          I looked at his hand holding onto my hand and my whole body stiffened as I stood there. 

          "Uh……"

          "Why are you still blank?  Do you want me to have sore eyes with the way you dress?  And also….."  Suddenly, he looked ridiculously at me, then with ill-intentioned eyes, he shifted his gaze to a certain part of my chest. 

"There is a lot of water in the sponge, don’t you feel heavy?"

          I, "………"

2