Chapter 26
4.1k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I was led along by Kang Zixian with him holding my hand in full view of the public.  Feeling shy and embarrassed, I was not used to such intimacy and tried to break free from his hand.  I tried to pull away from him but his hand was very strong and I thought my hand would be crushed by him.

          I and Kang Zixian had just staged a wonderful street chase in the rain.  Just like an exciting gangster movie, after waiting for his hand to capture mine, the rain suddenly became lighter and the sky began to drizzle with light rain.  As I walked hand in hand with this man in the drizzling rain, no matter how you looked at it........it really looked like a sweet Qiong Yao love drama.

          Actually, this time God must really watch Qiong Yao's love dramas because arranging for me to be the leading lady was not the right choice as the leading man was not pleasing to my eye.

          While I kept pulling my hand, my mouth was not idle.  "Hey, Kang Zixian, let me go.  Am I a dog?  Leading me along like this……."

          I muttered in a low voice.  "We are not even familiar with each other, this is kind of strange……."

          His hands tightened and he stared at me with a sullen face.  "Dog does not slip away as fast as you do."

          Smoke was coming out of my head and feeling a bit annoyed, my voice level went up a few notches.  "Hey, Surnamed Kang, the last time you said I was a cockroach and this time you say I'm not even as good as a dog.  Okay, okay, I admit I'm an animal, will that do?  I don’t match with noble people such as you.  Take it as I'm begging you.  Be magnanimous and let off this small animal.  You can also avoid having sore eyes.  Hey!  Let me go.  Are you leading a dog? !"

          I struggled while spewing a whole lot of nonsensical words like a thorny hedgehog but Kang Zixian only reasoned with me with a sneer.  "You are wrong.  I'm not noble.  I don’t want to let you off."

          When I heard him, I almost fainted.

          Droplets of water were slowly slipping down from my forehead to my eyelashes.  I did not know whether it was rainwater or my sweat.  In short, I was unable to see clearly. 

          In the past, when I was small, I was naïve and imagined people to be very simple.  Bad guys were always evil and good guys were always kind.  But after I grew up and started to work, I witnessed more of the dark side of society especially the unfeeling scenes that changed the childhood views of the world.  There are thieves who naturally love ease and comfort and hate to work, and there are thieves who were threatened, forced and misled when they were children.  Even behind the facades of those heinous murderers, there are always sad stories but when they finally woke up, society had already stripped them of the opportunity for redemption.

          After several years of training, I thought Monkey Brother had passed on his 'fire eyes' skill to me so that I could see through everything but in front of me, this tall man who was soaked to his skin had suddenly thrown me into confusion.

          First, he fed me ***soup, then he fed me medicine pills and then alternatively, repeatedly he fed me until I became poisoned until I am unable to see through him.

          I am not foolish.  I have a feeling that he has feelings for me, so the last time, when I was sick, he seized the opportunity to come right up to my doorstep to mock and ridicule me as a way of tormenting me.

          If someone asks me:  A person likes you…..and because he likes you, so he likes to kick you, how will you feel?  I think I will give a straightforward answer:   That person is a pervert!

          I think Kang Zixian is this type of a pervert!

          My heart was whispering.  The people I come into contact with are all frank and direct.  If you like someone, you just admit it and if you dislike someone, you just hate him.

Just like Fei Ge, who had put a lot of effort into loving the book nerd, Fang Yi Heng for seven years.  Recently, she admitted that the feeling of unrequited love had turned diluted as boiled water.* (Feelings for the person had diminished) Because she did not want to hang herself on this particular tree, so she decided not to wait any longer and to start looking for another man.

          There are many frank and straightforward people around me.  Although as adults, they always wore a mask, once they were familiar with each other, occasionally they would show their true nature and would not complicate matters by making others keep on guessing their next move.

          To put it bluntly, people around me are the single-celled organism.  So, when I meet higher-level animals such as the tall and unpredictable man in front of me, I feel a little confused.

          He seems to be interested in me but his words and behavior indicated otherwise.    

          It seems he is deliberately playing with me and his intention is to make me furious.   When that happens, he will come up and rub my upright hair to comfort me.  While smiling, he will throw me a bone to present me a difficult choice.  To pick it up or not to pick it up......whatever the choice, it will be real torture. 

          I shouted in my heart:  Surnamed Kang!……It’s better to give me a knife, I can’t take this anymore!……

          All this time, Kang Zixian was walking in front leading me along the way.  When he noticed I was obedient and silent, he looked back at me and I looked sadly back at him.  Our eyes met in silence and the heat emitting from his palm made me blushed.

          After walking for a while, we met the passers-by who had earlier tried to stop Kang Zixian in the name of justice.  He smiled and looked over at us, then turning to face his acquaintance, he said teasingly.  "Yo, just now I really had interfered unnecessarily.  It was indeed family matters."

          In my heart, I bared my teeth at him and said…..actually, in his eyes, at the best, I am only his family dog.  Even his watchdog has more dignity than me.

          I felt sad.

          I was pulled into the car by Kang Zixian.  My body still felt cold with my wet clothes stuck to my skin making me feel cold and uncomfortable. 

          Shivering, I hugged my arms and my lips trembled.

          My teeth chattered as I curled my shivering body into a ball and complained.  "Surnamed Kang,…*ge,ge*…..every time I meet you, it does not end well.  *ge,ge*….this time, I’m done for.  *ge,ge*…..it's endless with you……."

          Kang Zixian turned up the car heater to the highest level and threw me a dry towel.  "Dry your face."

          "Endure for a while."  The car quickly slid into motion.  He was looking ahead as droplets of water ran down his distinctive side silhouette.  He exuded masculinity and sex appeal but cultured people called this as 'sexy'.

          I blinked my eyes and felt like a piece of dog meat waiting to be cooked in a pot. Putting up my guard, I turned and asked.  "Where are we going?"

          He concentrated on driving.  "Let’s take a bath first."

          "Take a bath?"  I froze.  In my mind, an image surfaced.......Two birds swimming in the river, one is called mandarin*, the other is called duck* and the two silly birds are scrubbing each other's back. (When referring to Mandarin Ducks, it usually indicates a male duck and a female duck because together the ducks signify a pair of lovebirds.)

          Suddenly I held up my hands to my chest, shrank into my seat and shouted.  "Stinky rogue!  What do you want to do?  If you want to take a mandarin duck bath, you can look for your lover, Teacher Ye!"

          I was angry and at the same time, I tried to open the car door but the door was locked.  The man in the driver seat was apparently feeling unhappy.  He turned his head around and knotted his thick eyebrows.  "What is your melon head thinking about?  You’d better sit still obediently.  Don’t force me to use the method like just now to give you warmth."

          After weighing the pros and cons of the situation, I realized that I am only a female.  So without having any intention to argue with him, I pursed my lips and gave in to his hypocritical pressure.

          But I decided that I still had to emphasize my stand.

          "That……I will not submit to force, will not change in face of poverty, will not be corrupted in face of wealth….."

          "I know.  You're very righteous."

          "…….that, how do you know that I am…..*cough, cough*…..a police officer?"

          "The present wife of your Bureau Chief is Deng Loong's elder cousin sister."

          Kang Zixian's explanation was concise and to the point.  I was shocked, could not help but curse.

          His mother……This is the real Infernal Affairs*, ah…( A famous Hongkong movie about two undercover agents, one working for the police and the other working for the triad). The triad had even sent their woman to the door of the Bureau Chief.  This move is too high-handed.  Suddenly I felt that everything I had done in Meise was so ridiculous.

          But this time, how could the smart Lao Tan be so muddle-headed?  Deng Loong was already a part of Bureau Chief's family-in-law and Lao Tan still dared to send people to move in on them.  Was he tired of living?

          I thought it over again and was able to understand.  Between all the parties involved, people like Lao Tan, who was eyeing the position of Bureau Chief, he is not the only one.  Although the Bureau Chief had immense power, he also faced a lot of constraints.  Lao Tan who had wanted to displace the Bureau Chief, he must first move in on his relatives.  He would never let the Bureau Chief know that he had planted his men around Deng Loong.  Presumably, Lao Tan had wanted to make his move first and later shoulder the responsibility but he did not expect his abacus beads* were not played smoothly.   (Abacus is a Chinese manual calculator and here it means 'calculated moves')

          I knitted my thin eyebrows thinking of the bureau drama was even more exciting compared to TVB dramas but unexpectedly Kang Zixian continued to talk.

          "Martin only found out recently but he will not take the initiative to look for your little friend."

          "I don’t believe you.  Dong Zi told me that Deng Loong had sent his men to look everywhere for him."

           "Don’t you know?  Some carnivores will wait until its prey is scared stiff then only make their move......."  Kang Zixian turned around and beamed a strange smile revealing his white teeth.  "……and then take a fatal bite."

          My hairs stood on ends when I heard him and was shocked at the man beside me, who could exude such a blood-filled, fishy-smelling voice tone.  I gulped down my saliva and shrunk into my seat.  "You…..everyone of you….…..are not good people.  Stay away from me!"

          Kang Zixian smiled at me and said.  "Congratulations, Fang Liang Liang!  You finally realized that you have ignited a fire and burnt yourself!"

          I had the urge to cry.

          In the fastest time possible, Kang Zixian took me to the nearby gym, that he frequented, for a hot bath.  He thought of everything and even arranged for a female staff to help me buy all the things I needed including undergarments and sent it to me.  I held the long-had-not-worn simple light A-cup in my hands and almost wanted to shed tears.

          Many days had passed and I realized I really missed my A-cup.  That scum, Kang Zixian was right, the water-laden sponge was indeed heavy.  Even if it was during normal times without being water-logged, it was still heavy enough to cause me chest tightness.

          When I was wearing my fake C-cup, watching Teacher Ye on the podium with her genuine cup, my chest felt tired, very tired.

          While I taking a quick hot shower, I also hummed a song.  Finishing up, I put on the female sportswear that he bought and instantly felt refreshed.  Kang Zixian, who had finished his shower earlier, was waiting at the door talking on his phone.  After his bath, he looked very smart from head to toe.  When he saw me come out, he quickly hung up his call and walked over.

          My face broke into a smile, looked at him up and down, smiling happily and said mockingly.  "Yo, Brother, you look good similar to a dog."

          Kang Zixian's black eyes narrowed and sharply pulled me into a secluded corridor, trapping me between the wall and himself once again.  Feeling embarrassed, I blinked my eyes several times and my face heated up.  Without any expression, he said.  "Fang Liang Liang, listen to me.  I'm a man and you're a woman.  Don’t refer to us as brothers, I don’t like it."

          My heart speeded up and I shifted my body to move away from him.  "I like the words…..two brothers……so how?  Kang Zixian, I'm not familiar with you.  If you like to control people, you can control your lover, Teacher Ye."

          "Don’t let your imagination run wild, I have only seen her once."

          "Oh, congratulations then it's……love at first sight."

          "Fang Liang Liang! ! ! ! "

          Kang Zixian looked fiercely at me, angered by my mischievous and muddled provocation.

          I was about to make him angrier when unexpectedly the phone in my bag rang.  While glaring back at him, I unzipped my bag and picked up my phone.

          Fei Ge was on the line.

          "Liang Liang, this is very urgent!  My uncle drank too much last night and nearly passed away.  Now he is sleeping in ICU….....and my elder aunt nearly also passed away with her intense crying…...   Aiya, that silly cousin of mine is really an idiot..…..I am now in C-city hospital.  I guess these few days, I'll not come back.  Just to let you know……."

          "Oh, Oh......."  I answered then I suddenly remembered something and shouted loudly.  "Fei Ge, Fei Ge! ! !   Damn!…..this morning when I came out, I didn’t take my key with me…….ah!"

          "Ah?  Didn’t take your key?  You pig brain…..ah!  The doctor is calling me, Liang Liang, just look for any bridge underpass and spend a few nights there.  I'm going to hang up! ! ! "

          "….."

2