Chapter 32
4.2k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I got up to stretch my body and looked around Kang Zixian's room which had a simple robust style which purely indicated a man's room.  In fact, the best point of this room at this height was the whole urban scenery outside the ceiling to floor full panel glass window, not to mention the large tracts of golden sunshine that flooded through the window into the room.  I think, waking up in a place like this every day would particularly brighten up a person's mood.

          My mood which was bright suddenly did not become so bright after all.

          Li Fang had mentioned earlier that Kang Zixian had an American girlfriend before.  Now thinking of this, I feel a little guilty.  According to Fei Ge's words, a man is like a gust of wind and a gust of rain.  Sometimes, they would want to be both wind and rain.  Whoever believes in a man's words is a silly idiot.

          I had to admit that last night, the situation was appropriate.  Kang Zixian's voice and eyes were so confusing and in addition, when I was young, I had visualized the Night Masked man as my beau.  Now, there is such a charming invincible man and with me in a daze, I had actually surrendered.

          I pouted my lips and in a huff, used my hands to knock my head several times.  Last night I had only intended to wake him up to boost my courage.  In the end, how did I get so muddleheaded to fall into his gentle offensive?   And…..and I also went into his room and climbed onto his bed?

          I stared at the big blue bed and everywhere was the man's scent that is strange and fatal.  Suddenly I was shocked and quickly jumped out of the bed like a frightened bird placed in a cupboard looking alertly in front.  My heart was in chaos. 

          The Bureau had often educated us to fight into enemy territory but how did I enter and fight so deeply into his territory?

          "Do you normally greet the morning with this expression?"

          There was a sound of the door opening and I turned around to look.  Kang Zixian smiled at me and compared to my depressed expression, he looked bright and lively.  His facial expression seemed to show happiness and satisfaction after eating a good meal.

          I did not move and held my gaze, looking at him thoughtfully.  It was said that whilst hunting, the blood vessels of some carnivores would expand and the more intense its prey tries to flee, the more intense the fun would be.  They would sometimes stalk, sometimes in hot pursuit and will not give up until the prey is finally caught.

          These type of animals like the process of taming and like the smell of blood more than peace.

          The handsome man leaning against the door frame has the ability to conquer Eastern and Western women with a mouth that drips honey.  He is an excellent man, the rich son of a wealthy, prominent family…….can I believe him?

          Believing in him would make me a silly idiot as Fei Ge had said and I am definitely not a silly idiot.

          Seeing that I did not speak, Kang Zixian dropped his smile and resumed his dignified look to come and stand in front of me.

          I looked up at him.  He took my hand, held it up to his lips and gave it a light kiss. "Can you tell me what is your little melon head thinking about?"

          The hand that he kissed felt as if it had received an electric shock and the streak of electric current passing through made it numb.  Feeling uneasy, I pretended nothing happened and casually withdrew my hand while acting relaxed and pretended to look around.  "Oh, I was thinking…..your room is really high up and any day when you look up into the sky, you may see an UFO…..*he, he, he*.  And yes, your bed is also very comfortable and spending a lifetime in this bed while dreaming is also worth it.  I'll go back and save money to buy one…..ai, how much does one cost?"

          I was smiling but in fact, my heart was beating like crazy because every time when I stand near him, he would look intently at me with his dark black eyes.  My brain would freeze and when I opened my eyes wide to talk, my heart would quiver and I would sweat. 

          Every time when I rambled nonsensically, he would be able to ruthlessly expose my deeds.

          And it is the same this time.

          Kang Zixian looked at me with his eyes shining brightly.  "I remembered the last time when you looked at me like this with that troubled look on your face.  You pushed me out of the door then left your house and simply ran away."  He lifted the loose hair near my cheek to push it behind my ear and smiled.  "So this time, is your melon head planning another escape?  But you must also be clear I know where to find you."

          Although he had a well-mannered and gentle smile, his words were like a sharp knife and I was like chicken claws under his knife.  If I behave well, he will let me leap around a few more times…..but if I misbehave, then I am waiting to be cut down.

          Such a man is too high-handed and also has the perseverance…..of not giving up until he has accomplished his objective.  He could see through me but I could not see through him.  We are not at the same level.

          Our difference in level is too drastic, my chicken neck is held in a deadlock.

          I could not out-play him.

          Unable to out-play him then I had to hide from him but he persistently did not allow me to hide.  Then I could only ask him to stop his one-sided launch of the game.

          I said.  "Let me wash up first.  Wait for me downstairs, I have something to tell you."

          After splashing cold water on my face, I felt clear-headed.  I looked into the mirror and saw my wet, blur face which probably should be the legendary 'face caught in the web of love'.

          I looked at myself left and right and laughed for a moment.  To tell the truth, this face which is 'caught in the web of love' is actually quite flirtatious.

          Speaking of this, I remembered when I was dating Fu Chen, I did not feel tormented like now.  I did not have to worry about being dumped the next second and did not have to worry about being replaced by someone new at any time because, in my eyes, Fu Chen was not a womanizer.

          I should consider myself as blind.  Not only did he find someone new but he also chose my cousin sister which really was a slap in my face.

          I went downstairs bravely in high-spirits to look for Kang Zixian hoping to negotiate and saw him sitting at the table reading the newspaper.  When he saw me coming, he put down his newspaper but before I could speak, he lowered his eyes and said.  "Eat your breakfast first.  After eating you will have the strength to speak."

          While shaking my head, I sat down and said.  "No…… I'll have a good mood to eat only after speaking."

          He nodded slightly and I continued bravely.  "Let's forget about last night's conversation.  That….you know, at night the brain is usually messed up like glue and we are prone to say things that we don’t mean.  This…. you can rest assured that I will keep it in my heart.  Who has never said a wrong thing before, right?  Although you are a successful man but don’t be too confident because there are times you will make mistakes.  I…….we are not suited for each other, really we don’t match."

          As I was speaking, I stole a few glances at Kang Zixian.  He listened quietly and took a sip of his fruit juice. 

          I simply looked at him, blinked my eyes once and bravely spat out all the words that were held in my heart.  "From young, my mother had taught me that the pie that falls from the sky is sometimes not a pie.  Sometimes it is a heavy metal disc that can kill people.  I think for me, you are a pie that fell from the sky.  I'm quite baffled.  My sisters had also said that rich people are quick to fall in love and also quick to fall out of love……uh.  I am not referring to you.  It is just in general.  Although my mind is confused, I know what my heart wants.  I…..I want a steady long-lasting relationship.  It was the same with my ex-boyfriend, steady and long-lasting......it was quite.…."

          "The man I saw in the shopping mall the last time?  Was he your ex-boyfriend?"  Kang Zixian suddenly cut off my words and looked up with bright eyes.

          I hesitated for a moment.  After a long while, I solemnly nodded my head.  "Yes, it was him.  We……broke up six months ago."

          With my head lowered, I played with my chopsticks and said.  "I'm not ready……we can still be friends."

          I stared at the tabletop.  A pair of big simple hands stretched over and covered my hands to give me a reassuring squeeze.  I lifted my head and looked at him.

          Kang Zixian smiled at me.  It seems that my proposal did not surprise him.  He said.  "I'm sorry.  It seems that I had pushed you too hard, let's take this slowly."

          I did not speak.

          "If you like a steady long-lasting relationship then we will have a steady long-lasting relationship but I don’t agree with your suggestion of us being friends.  I won’t accept it."

          "The so-called rich people are quick to fall in love and also quick to fall out of love…..can not be taken as your reason to refuse me.  We just need time to understand each other."

          "I'll wait for you to be ready to accept new feelings and new love.  It doesn’t matter how long it takes because….."  Kang Zixian suddenly paused and looked at me affectionately. "Because in my eyes, Fang Liang Liang is unique.  She is the one and the only one.  I will not hand her over to someone else."

          When he said those words, I choked back the rejection hanging on my lips and swallowed it back into my stomach.  I was overwhelmed and was at a loss.

          "So, can you tell me the answer?"  Kang Zixian asked me.

          "Well, okay......"  I scratched my head.  "Maybe after some time, you will find that I'm not as good as you imagine.  Anyway, we'll do what you suggest."

          Hastily I finished my breakfast and went back into my room to comb my hair to the 'Jian Mei Da' silly girl style of two braids, transforming myself from a matured woman into a naive young sister.

          Yesterday I had texted Jiang Li a message to meet me in the library for self-study which was the glorified term for assignment.

          He readily agreed.

          I carried my pink-color school bag and walked out of my room.  Kang Zixian was working on his computer at the dining table and glanced at me twice as I came out.  I gave him a sunny girl smile, lay my upper body on the table and asked him in a low voice.  "Uncle, do I look lovely?"

          He did not look at me and ruthlessly said.  "Come back early or I'll call you every ten minutes."

          "Uncle is so petty."

          "If it is you…..your girlfriend is going out on a date with an 18-year-old boy and you can’t do anything, what will you think?"

          "Hey, I'm not your girlfriend."

          Kang Zixian gave me a sad look and my happy mood was dampened by his pitiful expression.  After adjusting my mood, I left.

          I took a taxi and arrived at the library located in a scenic spot.  I got off from the taxi and saw Jiang Li’s tall, slim and straight young figure brimming with vigor and vitality.  His handsome face was cold and expressionless but it was enough to attract the admiration from a few girls passing by.

          In the morning I had to deal with a difficult man and now I had to handle another one.  I had no more fighting spirit but still had to perk up to wave warmly at him.

          "Jiang Li! ! ! !"  I called to him from afar.  When he looked over at me and I waved at him.  I stood in front of him, exaggeratedly covered my mouth in pretense and exclaimed.  "Wow, Jiang Li, you're so handsome!" 

          He really looked very handsome dressed in beige pants and a pure white V-neckline T-shirt coupled with his fair skin.  His one glance would cause girls to swoon and be love-struck.

          But fortunately, this auntie was calm because I had seen another man much more handsome, this morning.

          But Jiang Li's icy expression seemed to be colder than usual just like the stranger when we met for the first time.  He simply said.  "Let's go in."

          And then taking big strides, he walked into the library.

          I followed behind him, flattered him and tried to find a topic to talk to him.

          "Jiang Li, what did you do yesterday?  Last night, I watched a horror film called The Curse.  Wa…..that film was scary, so scary that I cried.  I really cried, look at me…..is there any dark circles under my eyes?  Last night I was so scared that I did not sleep and I told my family that I will never watch a horror film again in my life…….."

          I endured a belly full of nausea to act cute, tried to show my lovely side and my act was remarkably perfect.

          Jiang Li who was walking in front suddenly stopped and coldly turned around.  He looked at me with his narrowed eyes, impatiently glanced at me and then suddenly the corner of his mouth lifted into a smile although his smile was a bit cold.  "Are you really scared?"

          I nodded silently and was curious about the way he reacted.

          He laughed with a trace of evil and said.  "Suddenly I don’t want to do my assignment.  Follow me."

          He took me to the third floor where there was an electronic reading room.

          While he started the computer, I sat at the side with a bright smile.  From the movie library, he picked up the film The Curse and then my brilliant smile became distorted.

          Last night Kang Zixian and I had watched The Curse 2 and now he wanted to watch The Curse 3.

          Jiang Li looked at me with a slight smile.  He sucked in his cheeks, smiling like a hideous devil and said in a strange way.  "Since you've mentioned it, I suddenly want to watch this too.  Let's watch together."

          "I want to go to the toilet."

          "Endure."

          I looked sideways at the handsome young man beside me with his gloomy face and gulped.  Suddenly I realized that recently, men were like female ghosts, making me feel afraid inside out.

2