Chapter 34
3.9k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          The dishes cooked by Jiang Li's grandmother was very delicious and the vegetables were fresh.  The vegetables were from their own private garden and were grown by his grandparents.  In the courtyard, there were parrots crackling and drinking from the birdbaths while a white pug was sitting near Jiang Li's feet waiting to be fed.  His nanny who had a simple and honest face was also eating at the same table while talking in a dialect which was difficult to understand, telling some interesting stories.  The two old folks pricked up their ears, listened attentively and from time to time gave a faint answer, courteously and politely.

          Jiang Li was very filial.  He knew that his grandfather's teeth were not strong enough to chew the meat, he tore a whole chicken drumstick meat into small pieces with his chopsticks then placed the pieces of meat into his grandfather's bowl.  The old man smiled and did not appear to be surprised.

          It seemed that he often did this and I quietly observed him while getting a more in-depth understanding of him.

          After the meal, I flattered the old man and thanked them for the meal.  But Jiang Li's grandparents treated me warmly and repeatedly said it was nothing and said having me over to share meals with them was their best gift. 

          As I walked quietly with Jiang Li along the road, I received a text message from Kang Zixian telling me to go back.  I glanced sideways at the message from 'Kang Big Bastard' and secretly glanced at Jiang Li as I silently put the phone back into my bag.

          "You have a text message."

          "Oh?  Oh, it's my mother, urging me to go home."

          He nodded.  "Then go home.  And……you're stupid to the point where there is no cure.  Better tell your mother to engage a tutor for you."

          "Oh......."

          "Eat less instant noodles.  Eating that kind of thing won’t help you to get smarter.  I think you don’t have any brain cells in your head!"

          "Yes, yes.  Only full of seasonings."  I bowed my head and nodded like a garlic head.

          Jiang Li laughed at me with amusement and looked at me fiercely.

          He sent me to the bus stop and waited until I had got on the bus before he left.  As I sat in the bus seat, I saw his slender figure showing a frown and in deep thought.

          I am only a police officer who has to listen to the orders from my superiors.  If the Boss tells me to go East, I do not dare to go West and the motto is 'command above all else'.

          At first, when I received the task, I did not have any other thoughts except to complete the task to the best of my ability, fight for merit performance and salary increase but since matters have now developed to this stage, suddenly I felt the task had become difficult to handle.

          I was accustomed to the cynical view of Jiang Li but his sudden change made me hesitant and did not know how to progress.

          Cheating a young heart to cling to me, coupled with deception.......in addition, this should be his first love encounter........it is just too cruel to him. 

          I thought for a while and sent out a text message to Dong Zi.

          I:  Unable to deal with Jiang Li, you take over.  Take the initiative.  You can do it.

          DZ:  Senior Sister, no way for you?  Could this guy have a liking for males?

          I:  Don’t fart.  He is normal.

          DZ:  Senior Sister…….you've tried?

          I:  If you say anymore, I'll get Deng Loong to try you out.

          DZ:  Really, the most poisonous is a woman's heart…..    

          As I was walking leisurely carrying my bag, Kang Zixian called me on the phone and said unhappily.  "Where are you?"

          "In the neighborhood.  Will be there in a short while."

          I was thinking about Kang Zixian when I left him this morning.  His expression was not good and his gaze was like icy shards.  Now that I had gone out for half a day, how could he remain unaffected?  Luckily we were only in the initial stage of the relationship.  I quickened my footsteps.

          When the elevator reached the 25th floor, I briskly walked out of the elevator and just then my phone rang.  I fished out my phone to take a look......it was Fei Ge:  Bodhisattva’s blessings.  My uncle woke up.

          I was very happy and replied to her text message while standing outside Kang Zixian's door.  At the same time, I pressed his doorbell.       

          He opened the door and gave me a gloomy look.  I was about to return him a big bright sunny smile when footsteps sounded from around corner at the far end and then suddenly a slightly middle-age female appeared.  I turned around and was stunned to see two similar middle-aged females with short hair walking over. 

          "I had guessed you would be at home."  One of the more graceful ladies said.  She had a head of silver hair and powerful looking facial features together with two jade earrings on each ear.  She looked very familiar.  I had seen this old lady in the newspapers and television twice and at that time, in my heart, I had whispered:  This is truly the modern Mu Guiying*, a true heroine. (Mu Guiying is a historical figure during the Ming Dynasty who was a female military commander famous for her military strategies.  She was a young widow of the famous Yang military family of female warriors.)

          She was Kang Zixian's grandmother, Wan Qihua and the A-city people loved to call her Wan Taijun.

          I never thought I would be able to meet face to face with such a prominent figure.  I cowered a little and my heart gave a big jump. 

          When the two old ladies saw Kang Zixian and me at the door, they suddenly stopped talking and curiously looked at the both of us.

          But this deadlock scene only maintained for a few seconds because I had knowledge of life's wisdom.  Abruptly, I said to Kang Zixian standing at the door.  "Sorry, uncle......I came to the wrong floor.  Sorry for disturbing you."

          Kang Zixian pursed his lips and glared at me without speaking.

          Then I hastened to leave quickly.  In my heart, I was glad for my student disguise or else the situation would be difficult to solve.

          Naturally, as the old ladies and I brushed shoulders as we passed each other, the two ladies were still staring at me.  Wan Taijun with her eagle's eyes was staring at me and I felt extremely uncomfortable.  After I had entered the elevator, then only did I feel relaxed and let out a sigh of relief.

          In my heart, I muttered........I did not understand why especially today I would have such affinity with elderly people.

2