Chapter 36
4.1k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I looked at the extreme shock on his face and according to his reckless personality during those days, I guessed he would greet me as 'Lao Da*' (Big Boss) with teary eyes…….

          As expected…….

          "Lao……."  His mouth had started to form the word.  Similar to that year, I quickly used my left index finger to poke the center of my right palm to indicate 'Be safe and be patient'.  Just like those years, he was really obedient and tactful.  He calmed down a bit and trembling slightly he greeted the children.  "Teacher…...will start the class, *cough*……how is everyone?"

          Ding Wu Shuang tilted her head one side and mischievously asked.  "Teacher Shi, just now you opened your mouth so big…..is your mouth injured as well?"

          Shi Lei laughed in embarrassment.  "No, this morning I had swallowed a big egg."  He pointed to his mouth.  "The muscles here are a bit loose."

          Wang Shuang's schoolmate who was sitting at the same table propped up her chin then groaned and sighed.  "Teacher, recently you are so prone to injuries."

          I also agreed.  This guy was born hyperactive and a genius.  Fortunately, from young to adult, he had an energetic father who was constantly wiping his ass behind him. 

          Previously he was an A-Junior School student and now the little muddle-headed stone had become a math teacher in A-High School known as Teacher Shi.  He was better than me, Fang Liang Liang at the age of 24 years old who still had to disguise as an 18 years-old high school student, Jiang Mei Da.  But the comical thing was, I was looking at the curly-haired young man dressed in a western suit standing on the podium, who was clearly puzzled and pretending to be calm, looking back at me.  I laughed in my heart.

          Little Stone and I had not met for the last seven years and today, for the both of us meet again under such circumstances, I really had to admire God's sense of humor.

          Xing Ye* (星爺 - A famous actor,  film director, and producer from Hongkong who produces comedies) is not comparable to God who is the real King of Comedies.

          Because my presence gave him pressure, Teacher Shi's expression remained taut.  His writing on the blackboard was a mess with several words wrongly written.  When the students below the podium quietly alerted him to the mistakes, he quickly corrected them with apologies.

          Even little girl Song Chang Ran was aware of his abnormal behavior and biting on her pen, she muttered.  "What happened to Teacher Shi today?  He is usually not like this….."

          I leaned closer to her and asked.  "When did Teacher Shi started to teach you?"

          That year, the incident was actually quite outrageous.  Little Stone's father who is rich and influential, flew into a rage and angrily packed him off abroad, preventing him from contacting us.  Gradually I and Fei Ge lost contact with him.

          Time flew and in a flash, seven years had passed.

          Song Chang Ran counted on her fingers and said.  "After coming back from Britain Teacher Shi taught us for two months."

          My heart queried why was it that he came back from Britain?  That year, didn’t his father send him to an aristocrat male school in Canada? 

          I nodded and laughed.  I lifted up my head to continue watching my nervous old friend standing on the podium.  Propping up my chin, I could not help but drown myself in the whirlpool of wonderful memories.

          During high school, it was the time that I and Fei Ge unscrupulously learned the way crabs moved and that was sideways.  A third-rate school could really produce a variety of rogues but as far as fighting was concerned, I and Fei Ge were not inferior to the males.  So in general, the small bullies did not dare to provoke the two of us as our tempers were not good.

          It was reasonable that I became a female bully but I had wondered, why Fei Ge who was from a happy three-member family had gone on the path of no return with me.  She also could not figure out the reason and the result was that after thinking for a long while, she shook her head and said faintly.  "The main point is…….boredom."

          That time I really wanted to hit her.

          It was during that restless period of time that we met Little Stone.  That time, I and Fei Ge had decided to get rid of the small rogues that were extorting fellow students.  On top of that, I and Fei Ge were in the process of setting up a society for justice…… our Black Sheep Society was in the midst of development and growth.  We had many followers and under our command, extortion in our school was eradicated. 

          After that, there was nothing interesting in school anymore and both of us became bored.

          One day, a thin little boy ran over to us and complained.  "Fang Lao Da* (Fang Big Boss), Jiang Lao Da, in A-High School there are also bad students.  Yesterday, when I passed by A-High School, a curly-haired male student wearing the A-uniform blackmailed me and he was wearing a brand new pair of shoes.  I wonder how many people he had blackmailed to buy those shoes."

          I and Fei Ge looked at each other and our hands were itching for a fight.

          That evening I and Fei Ge, both wearing our school uniform, lingered near A-High School gate and waited patiently for nearly half an hour.  With information from the little brother who was blackmailed, we waylaid the rat in the A-High School's pot of good porridge……Stone.

          That time, Stone was not as tall as now and his height was not even 1.7m.  His hair was curly with some disobediently standing up in the air like a curly dog.  He had a rebellious expression and when both of us, bad girls waylaid him, although he felt nervous and apprehensive, he said in a loud voice.  "What are you doing?  Get out of my way!"

          I and Fei Ge exchanged glances and suddenly felt that this child was the scum of A-High School that appeared every hundred years.  I felt so excited as if I had struck the lottery.

          That time, the height of Fei Ge had reached 1.75m with her deterrence force in full blast.  Stone who was like a little boy felt afraid of her.  So both of us, one on his left and the other on his right, escorted him to an alley and boldly identified ourselves.

          Initially, we only wanted to give this kid a fright and also to level up our third-rate school prestige.  Unexpectedly when this kid heard our names, he went blank and suddenly his eyes began to shine brightly.  His knees weaken and he almost knelt down in front of us.  He was so excited that he stammered and shouted.  "Lao Da, Lao Da, I had looked up to you for a long time.  I, Shi Lei, today have found you! ! ! ! "

          I and Fei Ge looked at each other in dismay and was baffled by this kid's reaction.  He sucked his nose and sighed.  "Fuck, remaining in A-High School is not promising."

          "Lao Da, take me in.  I had been lonely for ten thousand years."

          So from then onwards, Black Sheep Society had a new member but his identity was rather special.  From a good prestigious A-High School, he was not like our usual group of dumb fools and this melon head was very smart.

          Stone's brains were good with top achievement for mathematics but his Literature and English Languages were not satisfactory, so he was considered a moderate student at A-High School.

          At the same time, he did not improve in his studies.  When I and Fei Ge were in Year 2, he was in Year 1.  Every day after school he would follow me and Fei Ge to roam the streets.  He would willingly follow us around and worshipped both of us. 

          At that time, I and Fei Ge did not have enough pocket money and always wanted to eat and drink outside.  Stone's family owned a hotel and every day his pocket was bulging with money.  The three of us would eat and drink to our fill, then I and Fei Ge would swagger out the door and he would pick up the bill calling it his honor to do it.

          Whenever we had a fight, we would bring along this kid.  At home, this kid was under extreme discipline, so when we fight outside, he would show his rebellious side.  Every time we had a fight, he would rush up to the front with his small arms and small legs.  He was courageous and was involved in every fight.  After the fight, he would roll on the ground shouting in pain while everyone would look at him and did not know whether to cry or laugh.

          This kid always gave me and Fei Ge headaches.  He completely destroyed the good reputation of A-High School and was a ridiculous contradiction.

          In order to control this kid, the three of us had made an agreement.  As long as I or Fei Ge used our left-hand index finger to poke the palm of our right hand, he was to quiet down and if he could not follow this order, we would not allow him to follow us any longer.

          The deterrence was really effective.  From then onwards, Stone was well-behaved and when he was angry he was able to restrain himself except for that one particular time.

          I looked at the young man on the podium and saw a young, educated, law-abiding man who conformed to the norms of society, a refined gentleman.  This feeling was familiar and yet strange.  Who would have thought that when he was young, he was rebellious and he would swear and curse.  Seven years could really change us.  Time was too cruel to us.

          In my heart, I lamented.  Stone from that time had finally grown up and would no longer be anyone's small tail.  At the age of 17, if he had not taken a liking to that little girl with dimples, I think, he would still be with Fei Ge and me, still calling out to us "Lao Da, Lao Da, let's go find someone to fight with……"

          My nose felt sour and I took out my phone to send a text message to Fei Ge:  Brother, I met our Little Stone.  He has grown up.

          Not long after I sent out the message, I was still looking in nostalgia at Little Stone on the podium with the idea of filling up those seven years that was lost, my cell phone in my pocket vibrated.  Fei Ge had called over in excitement.

          I ignored the frown on Song Chang Ran's face and lowered my head to answer the call.       At the other end, Fei Ge was so excited that she could hardly speak.  "Liang, Liang, Liang…….. what are you saying?  Did you really see Little Stone?  Did he come back? ........Fuck, say something.  I'm so excited.  Let Little Stone come to the phone."

          I lifted my head, looked at my surroundings and then met the ink-black eyes of Jiang Li.  My heart skipped a beat and I quickly turned around.  Lowering my head, I covered my mouth and said faintly to Fei Ge.  "Fei Ge, don’t get so excited, Stone is lecturing now.  I will return your call later and make sure you return home as soon as you are done."

          I hung up the call and raised my head.  Suddenly I realized that everyone in the class was looking at me.  I received looks of complaints, looks of dissatisfaction and looks that were hoping to see a good show.  And on the stage, Stone who was midway in his lecture coughed slightly and with a stiff face, he said kindly.  "Classmate, come to my office after class."

          His voice was unnatural and obviously very nervous.  Stone must have thought that I was a little girl who looked remarkably similar to me.  After all, it was impossible to appear in a high school campus at my present age.  His heart must be suspicious and in order to let him know it was really me, I smiled and answered loudly.  "Yes, Teacher!"

          The moment I opened my mouth, Stone's face suddenly relaxed.  His slightly jittery eyebrows revealed his joy and I could see that his hands were shaking slightly while writing on the board.

          I was feeling equally ecstatic and I think Fei Ge felt the same too.

          This session of math class was particularly long, so long that I could slowly reminisce my crazy high school years.  My feelings for old times were so passionate that I really wanted to look for a nice place and have a few glasses of wine to reminisce with Fei Ge and Stone.

          Even though the years had changed a lot of things, I hoped our feelings would not change.  I really hoped that Stone would still warmly call us 'Lao Da……."

          Fifteen minutes later, I did not go into class.  I stood with Stone near the ceiling to floor glass panel window of the school building.  I just gently sighed and said "Stone….ah."  and his immediate response indicated that Stone was still the same Stone I knew and his heart had not changed.

          "Lao Da….."  He looked at me happily with face flushed, eyes teary and trembling lips.  For such a big guy, his eyes would still turn red with tears when he felt moved.  "Lao Da, Lao Da, *wu,wu,wu*…….Lao Da, I'm very happy, I knew it was you, I knew it……"

          He was now a teacher and still acted like a little child who needed to be pacified and still wiped his tears on his sleeves.  I was overwhelmed and looked at him with moist eyes.  Taking the opportunity that no one was around, I boldly patted his shoulder and looked at him emotionally.  "You are now grown up and accomplished with a bright future.  You are now a big Stone."

          Stone smiled through his tears, wiped his eyes and curiously looked at me.  "Ah…..Lao Da, you've moved backward.  How come you're still in high school?"

          This is a long story.  I secretly choked back and did not know where to start my explanation.  The only thing I could do was stare back at him and like old times, fiercely said to him.  "Whatever Lao Da does…….Lao Da will have her own reasons.  You dare to control me?"

          With this tone of voice, I seemed to have gone back to the past……two vicious girls with a small boy tagging along behind, carrying the airs and the looks of the arrogance of tigers and foxes.

          Stone gave me a laugh, revealing his lovely little tiger teeth and the looks of honesty in his face.  On the surface, Fei Ge and I loved to bully him but we had loved him terribly and when we heard something happened to him, we were willing to come to his rescue, ignoring all possible dangers.

          "Fei Ge also missed you, say a few words to her."  I took out my phone and dialed her number.  She picked up the call and her feelings were guarded through the phone.

          I handed over the phone to Stone and he just merely said loudly.  "Lao Da……."

          The next second, he broke down in tears.

          Fei Ge's voice on the other end of the phone was loud and clear.  There were several shouts of 'Stone' then suddenly it was quiet.  I heard her choking voice and I heard her cry.

          Stone said.  "Lao Da, it has been ten years, I didn’t forget you.  I, Stone…….I, Stone today had finally returned to your organization, will you still accept me?"

          My nose felt sour.  I draped my arms over his shoulders and with Fei Ge in the phone, together we said.  "Stone, you fucking finally came back! ! ! ! "

2