Chapter 43
4k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I turned my head around and stiffened my neck.  I was still chewing the cauliflower in my mouth and wished I was chewing the man like cauliflower to deflect the hatred in my heart.

          To be fair, I should not feel angry but I did not know why a fire had ignited in my heart which made me flared up.

          I really wanted to shout out loud but I could not curse, so I spent all my energy on the cauliflower, vigorously chewing on it.

          After the two middle-aged women left, Jiang Li strolled over and looked at me chewing on my food.  He picked up a crab, put it on his plate and asked.  "Are you very angry?"

          I froze for a moment and suddenly remembered that Jiang Li had seen Kang Zixian before.  I had also spun a web of lies to explain my relationship with him and therefore I could only give Jiang Li an answer.  "Um......"

          "I'm sorry."  He said softly by my side.  "I didn’t know he was in this match-making banquet and I brought you……"

          I turned my head sideways to look at Kang Zixian in the distance and he was holding a glass talking to the beauty.  In fact, a pair of shining eagle eyes were staring at me and I smiled helplessly at Jiang Li as I sighed and said.  "Who told my cousin sister to fall in love with a playboy…..adults often say an idiom……the path…what….enemy….what. 

          "The path of enemies are narrow." Jiang Li said with a laugh.  "Your understanding of language is really good."

          I stuffed a tomato into my mouth and I mocked myself.  "Yes, yes…..my math is also very good."

          "I know."  Jiang Li said in a calm tone.

          We both laughed together but my mood did not improve.

          "Xiao Li, come over."  Not far away, Jiang Li's mother called out to him and Jiang Li walked over in quick steps.  Putting away my smile. I turned around and met Kang Zixian's lingering gaze.  My heart was filled with disgust.  I stared at him then shoved a piece of cauliflower into my mouth and fiercely chewed on it.

          His eyes would from time to time, drift over.  I told myself I would see this through, no matter what.  Carrying a plate while eating and drinking brazenly without blinking, I looked at him as he held an intimate talk with the beauty.  My heart did not want to make it easy for him. 

          The sweet and elegant curly-haired beauty was talking non-stop and from time to time, Kang Zixian would answer in monosyllables.  Later, I saw him hold up his phone to text a message then he looked up at me and soon, I heard my phone ring.

          Even if this number had turned to ash, I would still be able to recognize it.  The message said:  Come up to the second floor

          I lifted my eyebrows then deleted it and continued to lower my head to eat.  I intended to go with Dong Zi to do my task.

          Dong Zi was eating happily and completely did not notice the dark wave surging on this side.  Jiang Li came over with an apologetic look on his face to tell me that his father had stood for too long.  As a result, his injured leg was giving him trouble and his mother had told him to send his father home.  My heart skipped and Jiang Li was hesitant and wanted to say something.  His mother was holding up Jiang Yuan Loong whose face was pale and she was urging him to go over.  So, Jiang Li could only say.  "I'll be back soon."

          Then he left.

          Looking at his retreating back, I was doing some mental calculations to decide my next course of action, when Kang Zixian's grandmother, Wan Taijun walked out of the door.  Around her were a few middle-aged men and women.  She smiled brightly and politely and from time to time she exchanged a few words with her guests.

          When she saw Kang Zixian and his beautiful, slim companion on the lawn, the old lady's eyes lit up.  She nodded to several guests and went up to them. 

          On seeing his grandmother, Kang Zixian's expression was still not good.  With a poker face expression, he exchanged a few words with his grandmother and after seeing that her grandson was not happy to talk, she turned to the curly-haired beauty and greeted her.  The beauty was flattered and smiled shyly. 

          Kang Zixian had been staring at me with his lips pursed and he had a stiff expression.  I guessed he is blaming me for the disruption to his match-making.

          The two of us were secretly battling with our eyes.

          His grandmother was a very meticulous person and when she saw him glancing over to the banquet table from time to time, her sharp old eyes also looked over suspiciously.  I was caught by surprise and hurriedly turned around.

          She gave me a quick glance.  I hope the old lady had forgotten me and this time she will not remember who I am. 

          While I stood around the banquet table leisurely, I sneakily stole glances to the right of the lawn and found Wan Taijun talking to Jiang Li's mother.  The cousin sister of Jiang Li’s mother hurriedly went up to greet Wan Taijun and from time to time, her eyes would drift over to Kang Zixian.

          When I looked to the left, I saw Kang Zixian standing at the banquet table diagonally opposite to where I was standing and he was putting some salad onto his plate.

          Dong Zi was hiding in a corner of the table devouring his food.  When he looked up and saw Kang Zixian.  He forgot to swallow the meat in his mouth and with his mouth full, he looked helplessly at me.  After that, his eyes began to dart nervously all over the place as if looking for someone.

          This guy became frightened and I guessed that he was looking for Deng Loong.

          I was also on the alert and angrily glared at Kang Zixian standing opposite me.  Just as I wanted to leave with Dong Zi, unexpectedly, the villa doors opened and the big, burly Deng Loong appeared.  His brutal eyes looked over this side and in two to three steps he had walked over.

          Dong Zi was frightened silly and stared at the imposing Deng Loong.  Under the tremendous pressure, my hands holding the plate began to tremble and my scalp tingled.  I quickly stepped forward to stop him and Deng Loong had already opened his mouth to confront me in a rude manner like a monster.  "Police Officer Fang,…..you and Police Office Ai went to my place and created trouble but we will talk this over another day.  As for now……"  He cast a glance evilly at Dong Zi who was shaking like a leaf and smiled as he said.  "I want to settle with your Police Office Ai and you'd better not interfere."  When he looked at me and saw that I was looking at him like an enemy, he suddenly realized.  "Oh, Police Office Fang, you are not aware of this?  Your young Brother Ai here had lost 8 million dollars to me and wanted to play hide and seek with me.  Recently, I am a bit tight, so I have to look for your young brother to return my money.  Is this wrong?"

          Deng Loong's righteous tone made people feel disgusted and I could not believe what he said.  I turned my head and asked Dong Zi.  "This…..is this true?  Do you owe him money?"

          Dong Zi who kept quiet all this while, clammed up for a long time before he nodded with difficulty.  He pleaded with a tearful voice.  "Senior Sister, please save me.  I was muddle-headed, I didn’t know, I lost more and more……..Senior Sister, save me……I have no money to pay him…….."

          Seeing Dong Zi in such a situation, Deng Loong laughed like a well-fed cat as if he would at any time open his big mouth and swallow the little mouse whole. 

          Since ancient time, debt repayment was right and proper.  Dong Zi was not able to repay the money and repayment in flesh was a matter of course.  I felt helpless and could only look back at Kang Zixian.  Unexpectedly, he seemed to be deaf and with his head down, he leisurely picked up a piece of cauliflower and slowly put it on his plate. 

          It seems that all of tonight's cauliflowers were in my stomach and this man's stomach.

          Deng Loong appeared at a certain point in time and I could not help but suspect that this man was the actual mastermind of this whole scenario.

          Looking at the men's evil faces, I felt a burst of nausea.

2