Chapter 45
4.1k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I stared at the floor trying to drill a hole into the floor with my eyes for me to crawl into the hole when the old lady had walked up and stood in front of me.  What should I do?  Raising my head was not right and bowing my head was also not right.  I could only look horrified at the kind, smiling old lady standing still in front of me.  She was smiling in such a way that the hairs on my body stood on ends.

          The old lady laughed but her eyes that were staring at me were full of sharp speculation.  Without having to guess I also knew that this pair of bright old eyes had seen through incomparable vanity and had insights into human nature's darkness that dwelled in their hearts.  The years had become her alchemy furnace that trained her pair of golden-fire eyes which could penetrate through everything.  This time, is it possible for me to smoothly and leisurely pass her?

          Wan Taijun smiled and said.  "Little girl, have we met before?"

          I could neither nod my head nor stay still and I had just left the room after roaring at him.  I did not know whether the old lady heard anything and my whole person was stiff, unable to move just like being immobilized by some ancient masters.

          I pondered.  If I continued to play dumb, will this be considered as disrespectful to the elderly?

But if I do not play dumb then I will have to tell the old lady straight in her face that I know her gold-plated grandson and isn't that slapping myself in my own face?

Then in her eyes, I will be like a grass chicken that hopes to fly into the wealthy family home, like a frivolous woman who is throwing herself into her grandson's arms with the intention to ruin his match-making efforts.   My image will simply be an unreasonable, gold worshipping girl as in the soap opera whom everyone wants to beat up and kill.

          I did not want to end up in such a way and hesitantly denied.  "No, no……granny, have we met before?"

          The old lady acted as if she did not hear and smiled.  "No?  This time did you come to the wrong place again?"

          I heard her voice tone with ridicule and I began to sweat.  I had to endure and laughed like a fool in embarrassment.  "Yes, yes…..ah.  Granny, you are really smart……I…..I'm looking for the toilet."  I put my hands behind my back and rubbed my hands on the doorknob of the study.  "I came to the wrong place and accidentally walked into your study, *he, he, he*."

          "Little girl is young and always ending up in the wrong place.  Your memory is not as good as mine, this old thing."  Wan Taijun was still smiling, smiling in such a way that made me sweat.  "Little girl, what is your name?"

          My heart shivered.  Oh no!  Now she is digging into my account for data.

          Once said, I would be investigated from bottom to top and then the old lady would throw a check at me as compensation to leave her grandson.

          I was a bit curious how much the old lady would throw ………

          During the time my mind went cranky with my thoughts turning over and over, behind me, there was some movement on the door and Kang Zixian walked out.  I looked back and as if seeing a savior in my desperate situation, I almost jumped with joy. 

          I can finally slip away and no one can blame me for not respecting the elderly.   In fact, the old lady's vital energy is too strong and standing face to face talking with her is like playing with my heartbeat and the feeling is stimulating.  The old lady's name 'Wan Taijun' bestowed upon her is not groundless and her invisible sense of persecution is so strong that I feel very stressed. 

          I glanced at the man behind me, pretended to think, patted my forehead and suddenly acted enlightened.  "Oh, no wonder Granny said we have met before."  I gave a silly smile.  "Yes, ah…..yes, ah….. We have met before and it is really fated."         

          When I said the word 'fate', the blood pressure in my heart went down.

          The grandmother and grandson, both of them looked at me acting out my show and did not move.  The smile on my face stiffened.

          I looked at the old lady in embarrassment then pointed at Kang Zixian, I laughed and joked.  "*He, he*  No wonder when I saw this uncle just now, I felt particularly familiar.  We have met once before.  *he, he, he*."

          The old lady was staring at me with dull, questioning eyes, at the same time, she smiled and nodded kindly.  Behind me, Kang Zixian had no intention of coming to my rescue and my cold sweat broke out. 

          I was so flustered that I began to talk nonsense.  "Ah!  Granny, are you and this uncle related?  This uncle is so handsome……this is definitely because of your good genes!"

          I flattered her with my thumbs-up.  "Granny, your genes are really high-quality!  Uncle is really handsome and talented, I believe when Granny was young, you are also a great beauty….."

          "Your skill in flattering is quite good."  The old lady muttered and then faintly asked.  "What is your name?"

          Hearing this question, the flattering words near my lips were choked back into my tummy.

          As I hurriedly took two steps forward, behind me the old lady again gloomily said.  "Remember, children who lie too often would attract the wolf."

          In my heart, I agreed.  Aren’t both of you the wolves?  And both of you have great unique oppressive power, especially the younger one who bullied me, Fang Liang Liang, like a soft persimmon. 

          My heart was cursing and just then I heard Kang Zixian say lightly.  "Grandmother, she is not young anymore."

2