Chapter 46
4.1k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          I ran down the stairs rushing away and told myself that I would never come back again to this headquarters of wolf's lair.  It was too nerve-wracking. 

          Once downstairs, I looked towards the white banquet table.  Thank God, Deng Loong had disappeared and Dong Zi was listlessly holding a plate.  From afar, he looked like a swaying bamboo in the night wind, so fragile that at any time, he could be blown away by the mountain breeze.

          To be honest, I have always felt that this kid, Dong Zi is very neutral although he is a true man and is suited for being in the police force, still, I have to say, he is not manly enough.

          This kid has two elder sisters, so probably he is influenced a bit by his sisters, especially his pair of black eyes.  Once, a grain of sand went into his eyes, tears were flowing and he asked for help to blow his eyes.  When I looked into his eyes, I laughed to myself.  His eyes were full of tears and he really had a trace of seductive appearance.

          All this while, I was wondering whether he is a straight guy or otherwise……or was he beginning to walk on the crooked path, this…..I was not certain.  This was because once he had secretly confided in me and the details were horrifying.  I remembered his face at that time, was also quite confused.  "Senior Sister, I,…..my university roommate, that is……had an obscure liking for me.  I always dream of him, so later I moved out.  Now, occasionally I still dream of him……"

          I remembered that time after listening to the past matters regarding Dong Zi's younger days, my expression was like I had just swallowed a live toad and did not know how to respond to him.

          Some people wanted to follow the crooked path but hesitate, resulting in self-torture but what can a bystander like me do?

          Could I say:  Dong Zi, congratulations on finally discovering your true self.  This is a good thing.

          Or that:  Dong Zi, your dream lover is just an illusion and for the continuation of your old Ai Family incense, you have to be like a bamboo pole to lead a straight life.  Sister will immediately alert the masses to introduce a girl to you.  Quickly get married and have children, don’t think of other things.          

          I really think that whatever I say will also be wrong.  We are our own true masters.  Others do not have the right to play God and only Dong Zi can choose his own path in life.  To accept love given to him by a man or a woman, he has to decide for himself.

          In a person's lifetime, there is too little happiness, too much pain and because of so-called social ethics, a person has to give up what his heart really wants and I think that is a bit cruel.

          Dong Zi is a bisexual and has always been timid.  Perhaps he is used to living in a cocoon weaved with rules and regulations and if so, I will respect his choice.  And if he breaks free from that cocoon and acknowledges himself then I will also express my agreement with his choice. 

          Jiang Li was not back yet and I did not know what had happened in his home.  I was glad.  I walked to Dong Zi's side and gave him a push to wake him from his stupor.  He turned around and looked at me in panic, his eyes showing his timidity.  "Senior Sister……"

          I raised my hand to stop his tears as the timing now was inappropriate.  I looked around the lawn and glanced at the groups of people standing in twos or threes.  I saw the monstrous dog-like Deng Loong at the other end, looking at us with a proud expression and also with a bit of provocation.  I lifted my eyebrows to watch him and this could be regarded as receiving his battle invitation.

          I whispered to Dong Zi.  "Okay, don’t blame yourself.  Someone set a trap for you to fall in.  A fool like you will surely lose to him.  He set you up to lose and waited for you to look for him with your ass.   Huh……this type of third-rate trick……..  On my side, that Surnamed Kang had extended me a favor and for the time being, I can still protect you.  You have to be alert with your eyes…..if you can hide, try to hide…..if you can avoid, try to avoid.  Wait for Deng Loong to find fresh interests, then eventually you can extricate yourself."

          Dong Zi calmed down and with some dignity, he nodded his head.  To remain silent was a rarity for him.

          With my back to the crowd of people, I kept talking.

          "Perk up your spirit and all personal matters are to be put aside.  We cannot delay any more.  Go according to our original plan, is that understood?"

          Dong Zi solemnly nodded.  "I understand, Senior Sister."

          "Be careful.  This is not a joke."

          My hands casually held some vegetables but in actual fact, my eyes were alertly sweeping around for any signs of trouble, thinking of a way to accomplish the task with a water-tight plan that was foolproof. 

          I looked to the other side where Jiang Li's mother was talking and smiling and I felt a trace of uneasiness. 

          Wrong, not a trace of uneasiness......it was uneasiness.

          I had to guard against this powerful woman and if she were to get involved in this, then this play would not be completed.

          I caught a glimpse of Kang Zixian and his grandmother coming out of the doorway.  An idea came to my mind.  Immediately I took out my phone and texted him a message.

          I said:  Do you see the middle-aged lady wearing a purple gown standing next to the young man playing the violin?  I don’t care how you do it but keep her occupied.  I beg you.

          Kang Zixian lowered his head to read the message and then gave a strange evil smile.  He replied:  What do I get in return?

          At this critical moment, this hateful man still wanted to bargain with me.  He was simply a blood-sucking leech.  Once there is a crack, he will worm into it and suck out all the blood until it is dried up.

          I gave in to him.

          I knew he is a demanding man and his ability to play dirty is above me.  Except for giving something sweet, I guessed nothing would be able to tempt him.  Now I did not have the time to argue with him and had no choice but to suppress my conscience:  A kiss

          Memories of our few kisses floated uncontrollably into my mind, my hand trembled slightly as I typed. 

          I thought my sacrifice was big enough as I looked at him and stared at his reaction.  This man stood with his back facing me and toasted drinks with the people around him.  I was impatiently waiting when his message came back:  Three

          I stared blankly for a moment at his reply.  Finally, I understood and my mouth could not help but cursed and I nearly fainted.

          He is really a good businessman, given an inch and wanted a foot* (Insatiable, greedy, desire more than what is given).  No wonder Li Fang said that he is ruthless in his business dealings and even so, there were still people who would look for him with cheques in their hands to beg him.

          He is ruthless, really very ruthless.  Suddenly I felt that my future would be dark, too dark and I was nowhere better off than Dong Zi.  I was also on the chopping board waiting to be mashed like liquid mud.

          Isn't this flesh repayment for a favor done?  Just only three kisses, right?  It should be treated just like being licked by a wolf and then going home to brush my teeth a few times more.

          I reluctantly replied:  Ok

          His purpose achieved, Kang Zixian started to move.  He whispered something to his grandmother and then the two of them went towards Jiang Li's mother.  Jiang Li's mother was overjoyed and quickly she had a blooming smile.  She pushed her exquisite and pleasant cousin upfront and warmly introduced the beauty. 

          I think I would be getting sore eyes.

          Fortunately, very quickly, the four people walked into the villa and Jiang Li's mother was laughing while holding on to her cousin sister as they walked beside Kang Zixian asking this and that. 

          I was poking the vegetable on my plate and sneaking glances at them when Wan Taijun stood in front of the door, turned and looked towards my direction to give me a meaningful glance.  She gave me such a fright that the shrimp in my hands fell onto the grass. 

          Very quickly down the path at the side, under the dim yellow lights, a young tall boy with a straight back was slowly walking in sight.  Dong Zi and I, standing opposite each other, secretly exchanged winks and the next second, Dong Zi holding a plate, rushed towards me like a monkey.  The result was like he had tripped over something under his feet and his whole body flew towards me.  I panicked, stepped backward and stumbled towards a lady who was selecting food from the banquet table.  The three of us simultaneously gave an "Ah!" and crashed into each other.  At the same time, the table also crashed down and the next moment, the colorful food all fell into a heap on the ground.  Instantly we were in a dilemma.

          I and Dong Zi's clothes were totally stained with greasy food and his face was even worse as it was like a heavy oil-painting.  Because of this sudden accident, the innocent lady had a distorted expression and her elegance disappeared as she looked like she was about to roar. 

          On seeing the farce, the people on the lawn ended their conversation and trained their eyes on us.  There was complete silence.

          The lady frowned and cursed.  Dong Zi, who was already on his feet, suddenly shouted firmly to me.  "Run! ! ! ! !"

          The next second, I was fiercely pulled up by force and in the chaos, Dong Zi dragged me along, running like crazy towards the gate.

          As Jiang Li was about to step through the gate he noticed we were running frantically and seemed to sense that I and Dong Zi were in trouble. 

          Dong Zi’s face was flushed and as he pulled me by my right hand, he shouted out to Jiang Li.  "Run! ! ! "

          I also shouted at him.  "Jiang Li, quick run! !"

          Affected by me and Dong Zi, as both of us desperately ran for dear life, Jiang Li also anxiously turned around and followed us to run at a fast pace.  Behind us, the lady on the lawn was scolding and cursing the three of us.  Because of our mischief, the crowd of people was boiling mad but in the breeze, as we ran like crazy, the continuous sound of curses was not so clear anymore. 

          I never thought that at the age of 24, I would still be able to do such a dynamic thing and I even felt a little joyful.   

          When the three of us ran up to the door of Jiang Li's house, we were panting heavily and out of breath.  I bent forward and gasped for breath when suddenly Dong Zi's voice sounded over my head as he said jokingly.  "Jian Mei Da, do not move your head!"

          Looking up suspiciously, I gave a cry.  "Ah!"

          Under the bright moonlight, Dong Zi and Jiang Li, both looked slyly at me and Dong Zi stretched out his hand.  He fiddled on my head for a little while and I was curious.  As if by magic, three shrimps appeared in his hands and he proudly said.  "Hey, this is just right…..one for each of us.  Jiang Li, try this.  Food begotten from trouble always tastes good."

          Showing a rare grin, Jiang Li took the shrimp that Dong Zi handed him, peeled it and put it into his mouth.  He tasted it then suddenly looked at me and faintly said.  "Yeah, it's delicious but……there is a taste of your hair."

          He turned to me and asked me rudely.  "Jian Mei Da, how long have you not wash your hair?!"

          I pulled my hair that was drenched with sauce and it seemed that oil was still dripping down.  Suddenly I felt I was being treated unfairly.

          It was two days ago, that I washed my hair.  Well, only two days……..

2