Chapter 53
4.4k 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dong Zi's POV (2)

         This night, Ai Dong also did not know how he came out from Deng Loong's club.  In a daze, his brain had lost its basic thinking function and felt muddle-headed.  He had a kind of feeling like he was going to be being struck by lightning.

          Of course, he was also thinking of one matter, the only matter that puzzled him.

          How did he end up losing almost 8 million such an astronomical figure?

          He could not remember and only vaguely knew that he was tipsy.  He wanted to drop his head to sleep but unfortunately, Deng Loong's aura was too strong.  He could only pinch his own thigh to keep himself awake, then Deng Loong smiled slightly and pulled out a stack of cards.  Deng Loong said he wanted to teach him a new poker game, a very exciting game and was sure Ai Dong would love it.  Tonight Deng Loong was in a good mood and wanted Ai Dong to accompany him to play a few games.

          Then he had forced himself to play and the clock…. tick-tock, tick-tock….. ticked away.  It was the sound of hypnosis.  In his sleepy, hazy state, he started to play the game.  He thought that if he accompanied the Boss to play cards for a night, the Boss would spare him.  Thinking of this, he did not know how many games he played, then the expressionless dealer said.  "Now you owe the Boss eight million in chips."

          "What, what is it?  Eight……eight million?  Gamble……are we gambling?"

          The dealer did not even bat an eyelid and speaking on behalf of the Boss, he answered.  "Our Boss does not play casually."

          The implied meaning is that the Boss is different from ordinary people.  So if one's financial base is not strong then one should not lightly say the word, 'accompany to play' or else the consequences would be bankruptcy or if bad luck persists and the debt is too large, then one has to look for a building to jump off.  One also has to make sure the building is high enough to ensure a leap would end one’s life.  Otherwise, if one does not die and is paralyzed, even whilst sitting in a wheelchair, he still has to rack his brains to find ways to pay off his debts.

          The cruel cold wind blew and Ai Dong's chaotic brain suddenly cleared.  He thought back and forth of the matter again and finally realized that he had fallen into a calculated trap laid by wicked people. 

          It was a meticulously calculated trap.

          In the past, when reading history books, it was not clear how bad people were able to force others to commit suicide but today he was forced to jump.  Ai Dong now thoroughly understands the meaning of life.

          He walked forward in a state of trance and was distracted like the wandering souls in the wilderness.  Behind him, the big wicked Deng Loong was two steps away.  His tall body was hidden in the darkness, the curved corners of his mouth were also hidden and his calm footsteps revealed his high spirits.

          One in front, one at the back, as the two people walked…….it can be said that one is in hell and the other in heaven.

         

          The car jockey drove Deng Loong's car over with the headlights turned on and suddenly Dong Zi's whole body shivered like he was being electrocuted.  The kind of feeling that was brewing for a long time, hatred for the evil, hatred for the rich who bullied the poor and hatred for the bad guys who make calculated moves to trap the police.  The shame of it suddenly burst forth and he became furious.  Without thinking, suddenly he turned around with red eyes and standing on tiptoe, he held Deng Loong's collar and stammered.  "Bastard, you…..you trapped me! ! ! "

          Deng Loong who was taller than Dong Zi looked at him condescendingly while smiling like a tiger.  He lifted his eyebrows and casually answered.  "So what if it is true?"

          "Damn, I…..I'll fight this out with you!"

          Under the moonlight, Dong Zi's angry little white face revealed a little juvenile childishness.  Stretching out his hand like seizing a little chicken, Deng Loong pulled Dong Zi under his shoulder and Dong Zi was forcefully dragged by him.  His hands were still clutching Deng Loong's collar and his mouth was muttering.  The two of them struggled and it looked very ridiculous.

          "Bastard, scoundrel, villain!  I will not let you off, don’t you forget.  I'm the police! !   My brothers all are police, you just wait!  You, you, you…..just wait!  Tomorrow I will bring my people to end your thieves' nest.   You conduct illegal gambling, disrupt social order, commit murder and arson.  I will not let you……."

          Ai Dong who was seized, cursed all the way and his delicate face became redder and tender due to anger and the effect of alcohol.  Deng Loong actually likes this type of little men and when he saw the young man acting so childish and angry, his heart felt as if there were claws scratching on it.  He smiled and decided to reveal his true status. 

          Deng Loong slowly stopped.  In the moonlight, his eyes were like the eyes of a leopard.   Dong Zi was stunned for a moment and stared at him.  Deng Loong lowered his head and whispered.  "You said your brothers are the police, is it?"

          Once Dong Zi heard this, he felt proud.  It seems that the deterrence he uttered has a very good effect.  Deng Loong must be afraid….. Dong Zi held up his head and nodded.  In his heart, he hoped that this inexplicable 8 million would be written off and if his colleagues were to know about this matter, he would be the laughing stock of the police force.

          Deng Loong nodded and suddenly smiled.  "My brother-in-law is the Bureau Chief."

          This sentence was like a giant bomb.  Dong Zi's head was buzzed for a long time and he did not react.  In a trance, he wondered which building in the city was considered the highest. 

          It was said that when a dog is anxious, it will jump over the wall so why not the manly Ai Dong.......Police Officer Ai?

          At this time, the cold winds of hell blew over making him chilled to the bone.  Dong Zi's whole body trembled and a voice in his heart shouted

         Cannot compromise, he must not compromise!  He has to fight with this heinous bad guy till the end!

          He pulled his face taut and clenched his teeth.  His face revealed stubbornness that was not normally seen and he looked up at Deng Loong as he said ferociously.  "Son of a bitch!  I know you want to sleep with me!"  He let out a sound *pei* and with his thumb pointing to his chest, he said.  "I, Ai Dong is not a coward!  What is 8 million!  Even if I die, I will not sleep with you!"

          He had always been submissive towards this person but this time he felt so good that he got carried away and he added one more word.

          "Scum!"

          Then he held his head high with his chest out but in actual fact, his heart was pounding away.  A person walking on the road in the dark of the night, not feeling the panic, not feeling afraid.  He felt as if he was a giant, a bright emissary defeating the evil power.

          Ai Dong is not a female but a true male!  A giant among the short men!

          Deng Loong watched the small-bodied Ai Dong.  In the night, he lighted a cigarette and as he narrowed his eyes, his whole body exuded a dangerous air.

          Based on your word 'scum', I will sleep with you!

 

          ***#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#***

 

          This night when Dong Zi stumbled back home it was already 3 o'clock in the morning.  Deng Loong's club was in the scenic suburbs and it took him an hour before he found an empty taxi and finally he could temporarily extricate himself from the nightmare.

          Sleepiness…..but sleepiness was never strong.  It was not just to get rid of tiredness, there were other things such as the dying feeling of first love and that skeptical 8 million debt.

          The reality was so cruel.  He hoped that on waking up, those suffocating problems would have all disappeared.   

          Sleep was just a moment of relief and whatever was due would surely come back such as the bully who wanted to collect his debt.

          Dong Zi thought it over.  The only way was to avoid Deng Loong, hoping that Deng Loong would forget the 8 million debt that appeared out of nowhere and let him off.

          After feeling scared for two weeks, Deng Loong's men did not appear anywhere near him.  Although Dong Zi's heart was always unsettled he could at least temporarily rest his heart. 

          There were many people beside Deng Loong who were constantly throwing themselves at him and it seems he had given up those bad thoughts of his to avoid any unnecessary trouble with the police.

         

          As an undercover agent, Dong Zi tried to get close to a boy in the school and this evening he had accepted the boy's invitation to a banquet.  Originally, he just wanted to have a good meal but Heaven had played a joke on him.  He met the man, Deng Loong, who he had been trying to avoid. 

          Although Senior Sister, Fang Liang Liang came to his rescue, Dong Zi had difficulty keeping his heart at rest.  Now he feels his heart shaking with fear again and his hands started to tremble. 

          When Deng Loong saw that no one was near them, he bent down, blew hot air near Dong Zi's ear and whispered.  "Eat a bit more.  You are the one in debt."

          It seems as though Deng Loong was like a fly eyeing him and Dong Zi who was not afraid anymore.  Suddenly raised his head and retorted.  "Surname Deng, framing police officers is not a trivial matter.  Even if you are related to the royalty, I, Ai Dong, have not done anything wrong.  I am in the right and I am not afraid of you."

          Whilst he was talking, he straightened his body without the feeling of fear and displayed a sense of justice.

          The face which was pretending to be brave showed timid childishness which made Deng Loong feel as if claws were scratching at his heart and he laughed heartily.  "Nowadays, the quality of police officers had improved.  There are gamblers and there are debtors who refuse pay.  So what should small civilians like us who are doing honest business, do?.....  Police Officer Ai, you are very forgetful.  Or else, why not let me take out the video recording to show you, one of these days, to help you recall some memories?  If you really can’t remember, then it is easily done.   You can get Deputy Director Lao Tan to help you remember and give me a fair answer."

          Deng Loong smiled slightly and his words were icy cold.  He successfully frightened the rookie Police Office Ai Dong.  Some people say occasional gambling is like love.  He usually likes to gamble with a few buddies and is very cautious.  Who would have known that such a big problem would arise and also affect his own future?  He wondered about the consequences if Lao Tan knew he owed Deng Loong so much money which was also due to his own foolishness.  Deng Loong is the offspring of the underworld and if he insists that Dong Zi owes him money then that would be like being splashed with dirty water.  No matter how much he cleans himself, he would still remain dirty.

          If Lao Tan gets to know about his 8 million yuan debt to Deng Loong then he would no longer be able to remain in the Bureau and most certainly he would be treated as a spy.  Just imagine……since he owed Deng Loong money, he would have to assist Deng Loong.  He is only a poor man, so what can he do?  In the end, he would have to sell information to Deng Loong, right?

          No, definitely he could not let Lao Tan know.  Dong Zi took a deep breath and faced Deng Loong.  "Don’t let anyone know about the matter regarding the two of us….. don’t bully me."

          Deng Loong did not give way.  He smiled coldly and sneered.  "I am sorry, Police Office Ai.  For police like you who think they are smart, we have to bully you to let you know the problems that businessmen like us face.  Sorry, debt repayment is justified…..we will meet again."

          Then Deng Loong lifted his glass mockingly and provocatively gave Dong Zi a toast.  Then he walked away leaving Dong Zi standing there, at a loss and contemplating his next course of action.    

          He grieved and clamored in his heart:  I am only a small-salaried man!

          It must be said that Comrade Ai Dong was confused and misled by Deng Loong’s intention to talk to the police.  At this moment, he forgot to analyze the main point of this whole matter but what is the main point?  The main point is Deng Loong wants to bed him…..and now the bad guys are also smart. 

          In general, in today's society, the police are the defenders of social order and nothing can shake their position except for the country’s government itself.  This is actually something extremely regrettable as the Deng Family had built up their present status with their underworld base, so of course, they would have their own innovative means.  Since the police were sleeping with them therefore, the Eldest Daughter of the Deng Family slept with the Bureau Chief and Deng Loong had his own pursuits. 

          Ripping off his well-ironed police uniform, revealing his snow-white chest then pressing him down, making him tremble, making him beg for mercy so that he is unable to put aside his police spectrum.........what a lively colorful scene!

          Thinking of this, Deng Loong looked at the pale young man in the distance and Boss Deng's saliva was almost going to drip down onto the grass. 

          The weather is extremely fine and the fish has taken the bait.

          This night the mission was completed smoothly so actually, he should feel happy but Ai Dong constantly felt irritated and for the first time, he doubted his work.  The kind of enthusiasm of young people that he initially had when he wanted to join the police force to serve the people began to dissipate and like being splashed with cold water, he felt restless.        

          He had made use of a boy's kindness, destroyed an innocent friendship and the boy was so innocent.  If he is not a policeman then he would not have encountered such a matter that evoked his guilty conscience and he also would not have encountered such a terrible man like Deng Loong.  At the same time, he would not have ended up with a huge unclear debt.

          When Ai Dong reached his 50-square-meter small home, his 70-year-old grandmother was asleep.  Being a light sleeper, the elderly sensed movement at the door and knew he had come home.  The lights were switched on and she let out a few coughs.  Hunching her back, she came to the door with an expression of concern and a kind smile.  "Dong Zi, you are back.  Are you hungry?  Do you want grandma to cook you some supper?"

          Dong Zi looked at the wrinkled smile on his grandmother's face and the concern in her eyes made his heart burst with sadness.  Even though his mouth had a taste of bitterness, he still stubbornly maintained a smile.  "No need, grandma.  I had eaten before I came back."  He turned his gaze into the bedroom.  "Is my mother asleep?"

          Grandmother nodded slowly.  "Yes, she is asleep."

          Dong Zi gave an answer.  "Oh."  He hugged his grandmother's slender shoulders and said quietly.  "I will go in to take a look.  You'd better go back to sleep.  Tomorrow I am on leave.  I will take you and my mother to the park, okay?"

          "Good.  Tomorrow's weather will be fine.  Your mother will be happy."

          Grandmother smiled happily and Dong Zi also smiled a happy smile.  This time he felt he is truly a man, the only pillar of this home and even if the sky is to collapse, he would hold up the sky for his grandmother and mother. 

          In the faint light, Dong Zi's mother was asleep and she looked calm and peaceful.  He tucked her in and did the same for his grandmother before turning off the light and left the room. 

          He went to the window of his room and opened it.  For a person who seldom smokes, he pulled out a cigarette with a frown and lighted it up. 

          He did not turn on the lights and bright stars shone in the dark night sky forming sad curves.

          He thought of his mother who was mentally ill for the last ten years.

          Probably because his mother loved his father too much.  When his father died after a car accident and they could not locate the driver who had run away, the burden of supporting the family fell onto his mother.  At that time, he was not sensible and often skipped classes to roam the streets looking for his father's murderer with the hope that God would help him find the culprit.

          In the end, God did not help him but instead put him in difficulties.  Once, while walking on a busy pedestrian path he was hit by a drunk driver.  He fractured his arm and leg which could be considered as a leaking house in the midst of night rain* (Disaster happening upon another disaster).   

          During the time that he was hospitalized, his mother began to show signs of mental abnormalities.  She would stay up all night and she was afraid of the road.  Every time when she hears the sound of car horns, she would panic.  Usually, she would be frightfully silent and then the next moment, all of a sudden she would become totally strange.

          Later she became mad.

          Every day she would sit around foolishly and her quiet face would be expressionless while holding his father's photo in her hands.  Fortunately, she is not aggressive and sometimes when the situation is good, she would remember Dong Zi's name.  When the situation is bad, she would not move all day, would not talk and just hug him.  She would smile and look into the distant.........probably missing his father. 

          Ai Dong did not know how he managed these few years.  In fact, he was raised by his grandmother and he also has an aunt who is wealthy.  This aunt often helped them and his aunt had supported him through his studies which he is very grateful.

          The reason why he joined the police force was that his father had aroused his interest.  He knew that only the police could help the pair of widow and son to find justice and also because the welfare benefits were good.  In short, he was heavily burdened.

          He knew that his colleagues were the moonlight society and they could spend their wages as they pleased but for him, after working for two years, the major part of his salary was still carefully saved up in another account.  After all, his grandmother and mother were getting on in years and he had to be prepared for their medical expenses.

          He loved to look nice and loved fashionable things.  Fortunately, he had a brother who operated a fashion store which allowed him to make purchases at low prices.  He would buy a few pieces of clothing during each season and be happily satisfied. 

          His closest brothers knew about his family problems and everyone had agreed that when they gambled, they would let him win and when they were out entertaining, they would choose a wine that was not too expensive.  There were times when the expenses were high, the brothers would clamor to settle the bill and during the times when the bill was cheap, they would let him pay. 

          In his heart, he clearly knew what his brothers were thinking and doing…..he knew.

          In his life, the people that he had encountered were almost all good people and so when he met Deng Loong who was a wicked and unreasonable man, he was at a loss.

          He sighed, snuffed out the cigarette and threw himself on the bed.  He told himself to forget everything and go to sleep.

0