Chapter 59
4.5k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

             On Saturday, the whole country's once-a-year college entrance examination officially started.  Early in the morning, I drove to Jiang Li's test center, stood far away and waited for him.  After forty-five minutes, I finally saw him get down from a car with a male student and walked through the gate.  His parents were not beside him, a teenager with an appearance of tremendous self-confidence, a bright youngster going for his first test in life and I hoped the college entrance examination would be his turning point in life……not me.

             I wished that I was just a tiny black insignificant spot in his beautiful life, gently wiped off without leaving any trace.

             The scorching summer day and the strong sunshine would disperse all the haze.  I sincerely prayed…..prayed that the sunshine would disperse all the haze in his heart and give the young man a brilliant future.

             Nighttime arrived and as usual, I was alone, feeling bored to death while I nestled at home.  Stone was looking after Class 3 and during the college entrance examination season, he was naturally under a lot of pressure.  On the phone, he told me he was tired and Jiang Li had successfully gained entry into A-University.  His results were on the board, plus with his extra points added up, it was way higher than the level needed to gain entry into university but it seems he was not interested to get into A-University.  Boys venturing outside the world to gain experience was also not a bad thing.  Their vision would become more open and thoughts would become more transparent without wasting time which was also good for him.  I answered with an "Oh." and understood that Stone was trying to comfort me.  Awkwardly, I hung up the phone.

             After hanging up the phone, it was already eight o'clock.  I stared at the quiet phone for a while and the fire in my heart started to rush up half a meter high.  My feelings of regret, fretfulness, missing him and anger, all were coming out to lurk again.  The more I think, the more chaotic I became but I was determined I would not be the one to bow first.  After struggling in my heart, I slapped my thigh and decided to go shopping in the supermarket to pass time. 

             Just as I got into the car, the phone suddenly rang.  Subconsciously my mouth curved and felt that this time I had won.  He had surrendered to me.

             I picked up the phone.  I felt angry and gnashed my teeth…..not him.

             It was Dong Zi.

             Dong Zi's voice was trembling and he stammered.  "Senior Sister, quickly come and save me!  I…..I am in Cheng Dong Amusement Park……Deng Loong dragged me here, *wu*.  He knows I am afraid of height and he threatened me that if I don’t repay the money then he would make me ride the roller coaster all night long!  Ride until I have a heart attack!   *Wu*, he is coming, he is coming…. Senior Sister, quickly come and save me!  I will be tortured to death by him!……."

             "Dong Zi!  Don’t hang up your phone, I'll be right there!"

             When I thought of that domineering man, Deng Loong, I sighed heavily in my heart.  Resigning myself to fate, I started the car and stepped on the accelerator.  The car slipped out of the driveway and straightaway I drove towards Cheng Dong Amusement Park.

             I dared not count how many red lights I ran through.  In short, the usual 30 minutes' drive took me 10 minutes racing in my car.  Because my speed was seriously too fast, even the traffic police riding a motorcycle was chasing me.  Anxiously I parked my car in front of the amusement park then showed my identity documents to him.  I explained to him that my colleague was trapped in the park and whatever he wanted to do, it would have to wait until I settled the matter first.  Then I flew into the park to look for Dong Zi. 

             In the amusement park, the voices of people were loud and noisy in the fairy tale world.  Naive young children's songs sounded near and far, everywhere children were singing and laughing.  Dong Zi was shouting into the phone.  "Senior Sister, I am under the Ferris Wheel, come over!"

             Without saying another word, I pushed into the crowd of people and rushed up to the center of the park where the most eye-catching and the most beautiful place was located…..the Ferris Wheel.  Under the Ferris Wheel, I was burning with anxiety as I looked around for Dong Zi's face, running around like a headless fly.  The result, I did not find Dong Zi but accidentally I saw a face that I was thinking of day and night.  Ten steps away from me, the slender, tall figure, outlined by bright lights like a handsome prince walked out from the castle.  Just one look at him would be able to capture a person's heart.  The pair of deep-sea eyes looked at me straight in the eye as if the surrounding colorful lights were of no interest to him and his eyes could only see the person in front of him.

             I suddenly realized that the so-called most romantic thing was actually like this, looking into each other's eyes.  You have me and I have you, we have each other in our eyes, the world had lost color and the person in front of this person is the most brilliant.

             In a daze, I stared at him while the emotions in my heart surged for ten seconds and then I thought of that night in the square, the question that he had asked me.  Finally, my mouth split into a smile as the dark clouds that were hovering over my head the last few days slowly dispersed and I laughed without restraint.

             My eyebrows lifted slightly.  It should be regarded that I understood everything and Dong Zi, that kid had become a traitor again.  I was betrayed…...  I would have to treat him to a meal as a reward on another day.

             I proudly walked up to the front of the man with a solemn face.  I leaned close to him, calmly looked at his embarrassed face and smiled.  "Such a coincidence.......here to reminisce your childhood?"

             Kang Zixian frowned slightly and my smiles of exultation obviously did not affect him. His face showed unhappiness and he swept his eyes around with disdain.  "I didn’t expect it will be so noisy here."

             Whilst he was talking, he lifted his hands and naturally placed his hands around my waist.  By the time I lowered my head to look, my whole body was encircled in his arms like his sole possession.

             Initially, I wanted to resist but the ambiance around was too wonderful.  The children laughed under the lights as colorful balloons swayed in the night breeze and the sweet ice cream vanilla flavor drifted in the air.  The happy Ferris wheel in the moonlight was rotating like the wheel of fate.  More importantly, the breath lingering on the tip of his nose gave me peace of mind.  Sweet pink bubbles were floating in my heart and I had the urge to giggle.

             Finally, I gave up my resistance.  I stood on tiptoe, encircled my hands around his neck bringing our bodies closer to each other and I said gently in his ear.  "Thank you for giving me this dreamy feeling."

             He hugged me and his voice was also gentle.  "Dreams are false......I am genuine......do you understand?"

             "Um..... you are genuine."  My face was resting on his chest like a kitten caressing him on his chest.  The uneasiness that I felt for the last few days disappeared as I closed my eyes contentedly.  "You are genuine......this is really good."

             He stroked my hair and his low voice said bewitchingly in my ear.  "That…..are you genuine?"

             I listened to his steady heartbeat and felt his warmth, so I raised my head to look at him seriously and then I said solemnly.  "If you are true to me, then I am also true to you."

             I pointed to my heart then I pointed to his heart.  "True heart vs true heart.  That is only fair."

             "Fang Liang Liang, you are really cunning……Well, we will do a fair exchange."  Kang Zixian smiled and looked at me.  Then he put his hand on his chest, fisted his hand to make an action like he was digging out his heart, and then his hand holding his 'heart' was placed on my chest.  His hand spread and he made an action like he was giving me a passionate beating 'heart'. 

             He laughed.  "Beautiful lady, please accept my true heart."

             I was smiling foolishly.  In front of me, this man was behaving in a naïve and laughable manner but I had an impulse to cry.  So, I imitated his actions, took out my own 'heart' and solemnly put it to his heart while smiling mischievously at him.  "This not-too-kind-hearted gentleman, please also accept my true heart.  Once accepted, it is not returnable."

             Kang Zixian smiled gently, held my hand to his heart and hugged me.  Above my head, he said softly.  "I had thought over this and realized it is unreasonable for a girl to speak up first.  Well……I surrender, I will say it first."

             He paused and then said.  "I……can’t live without you." 

             The rim of my eyes started to tear up and the urge to cry was intense.  I smiled and decided to put down those damn reservations and self-esteem and seriously confessed to him.  “Me too, I…….can’t live without you."

             Kang Zixian's face showed happiness.  He stared blankly at me for a few seconds then smiled slightly and planted a kiss on my forehead as a reward.  "That is a good child."

             I hugged him tightly and said.  "Sorry that you have to seek assistance from Dong Zi to help you."

             He gave a vague grunt.

             "What benefit did you give him that could make him 'sell' me off?"

             "I promised to help him write off the debt he owes Martin."

             "You are really, really cunning."

             "My dear, thanks for the praise."

             "You don’t have to be polite.  My praise usually contradicts my heart."

             "Well, by chance I especially like disagreeable little girls."

             Contentedly, I closed my eyes and rested in Kang Zixian's embrace and I answered lazily.  "I am not little anymore, I am already a big girl."

             Suddenly Kang Zixian pushed me away and held on to me with both his hands.  I looked back at him in puzzlement.  He narrowed his eyes dangerously, the softness on his face had already vanished and suddenly it was as if he had changed to another person.  "Oh yes, Fang Liang Liang, so you also have the sense to acknowledge yourself as an adult?  Huh?  Let's recall what happened last Saturday in a particular hotel, in a particular room."

             His face showed a severe dark smile and I was shocked.  Suddenly he held onto my hand and pulled me towards the exit.  "Let's go, go home with me!  You will never learn if you are not taught a lesson……single-handedly you dared to venture into the tiger's den!…….."

             Suddenly he turned, I had never seen such a look on his face before and I was scared into silence.  Suddenly he came over and hugged me.  His usually confident voice revealed the fear of a survivor after a disaster.  "Liang Liang, I only came to know of this matter just an hour ago, can you understand my feelings?  I didn’t even dare to imagine, at that time, the type of scenario, the kind of people……  You are an independent individual and have your own pursuit and I don’t want to interfere with your job but that doesn’t mean I won’t worry.  We will be together for a long, long time but I can’t always be watching over you all the time.  For example, tomorrow, I have to make a trip to the States…..so promise me when I am not around, you have to protect yourself.  Don’t do those dangerous things and don’t make me worry, okay?"

             As if in a dream under the Ferris wheel, I heard his slightly sad voice and unable to hold back my tears, I sniffled.  I shrank into his arms, I choked and smilingly said.  "Okay, I promise you, I will be good."

             This night, Kang Zixian sent me home to my door.  Just as I opened the door, this rogue came right in, acted naturally and casually like it was his own home.  He said he was too tired to drive home, loosened his tie and went to lay down on my bed, putting on an appearance of tiredness.  Being thick-skinned to this extent, it really made me helpless.

             I could only blush and let him stay back.  After the two of us had bathed, he refused to sleep on the sofa, so like an old married couple, the two of us climbed into bed.  My face was hot but he was acting normally while he hugged my stiff body and closed his eyes to sleep.  I was not used to having a robust man in my bed with part of our bodies stuck together.  His body heat spread over through our clothes and my body heated up.  My eyes were wide opened as I stared at the ceiling.  I did not dare to move and I did not dare to breathe deeply. 

             The culprit who was responsible for my insomnia, suddenly opened his eyes and his lazy languid voice sounded in the late night near my ear.  "Are you nervous?"

             I quickly closed my eyes, shook my head and denied.  "No, no....."

             "If you are nervous, tell me……I can help you to adjust."

             Just as he finished speaking, in front of my eyes, a black shadow suddenly rushed over and warmly sealed my lips.  His fiery tongue swept into my mouth with unstoppable force, all the way in, filling my mouth with his breath and his raging kisses suppressed all my thinking abilities.  I could only passively accept his passion.

             I panted as the passionate kiss ended leaving me with a flushed face and erratic heartbeats.  Before the situation could come to a fiery end, Kang Zixian had stopped.  In the darkness, the beast who would usually go on a rampage looked at me for a moment and when he saw my face was flushed and my heart was palpitating, he pulled my quilt up for me.  His voice tone regained the usual calm and he said.  "Sleep.  Send me to the airport tomorrow."

             So this passionate night finally ended in peace.

2