Chapter 6
1.1k 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

         I looked at Dong Zi's small physique and in my heart, I was complaining incessantly that without any doubt, this small physique was already earmarked by Deng Loong.  I had yet to complete the task given to me.  Because of Lao Tan's heartless order, we were able to get a lead in such a dangerous situation but at the expense of something gain, something lost.  I had put up Dong Zi's chrysanthemum as gambling stake and in the gay circle, the rich dominates and rape cases do happen.  Dong Zi was not as quick-witted as I am, should I continue to use this line?

          On the other hand, tonight I had acted unprofessionally.  The fact was, I could not take down Deng Loong but I could work on that Kang Zixian to gather some news.  But tonight, when I looked at his arrogant, cold face, I became irritated.  For me to sit down with him, drinking, flirting and eating melon seeds with him, was simply an impossible task.

       For this reason, I had done an analysis:  Reason 1 - This Kang Zixian is handsome, has a great body, smells good and everything about him is taboo to me….. eh …. can be said…. is taboo to Fei Ge.

          Thanks to Fei Ge's continuous brainwashing to despise wealth and beautiful women, I, Fang Liang Liang who is still considered a moderately beautiful woman, in order to match up with her, I had abandoned physical beauty.  So if I meet a handsome guy, I would criticize him - as a duck and if I meet a beauty, I would curse her - as a chicken and together with Fei Ge, in pursuit of inner beauty, we had embarked on the path of no return.

          I guessed for Fei Ge to play volleyball was a waste of talent.  She should be a missionary to spread the faith of subversion.

          Fei Ge was a noisy crow.

          She has been drumming into my ears over the years.  "Liang Liang, men have gilded exterior and shabby, ruined interiors.   A crooked melon split dates* (An ugly or repulsive person) harbors hearts of lilies.  What?  Do you know that this is the faith that keeps me alive?  …..what lily?  Oh, two women together were considered lily…..is this true?  Is this really, really true?  But what has this to do with the both of us…….you are afraid of people saying we are lilies?  F**k, obviously the two of us are crooked melon split dates and we just happen to have pure hearts like the lilies."

          After Fei Ge's nagging for the last decade, I wholeheartedly believe her and so decided to scold Kang Zixian as a duck.

          Reason 2 - He actually called me up in the middle of the night to intimidate me and who did he think Fang Liang Liang is?  In the Bureau, I am the famous Vengeful Goddess and the legendary Petty Devil.  For this, I had decided that I would curse Kang Zi that his body would sprout duck asses all over.

          The next few hours I had to accompany a few more guests and considered myself lucky not to meet with extreme monsters.  There were a few crafty guests but at the most, I was penalized with drinking a few more glasses of wine which was considered fair treatment for the fairer sex.

          Approaching closing time, I passed by the bar counter and noticed that Dong Zi was not around and asked the waiter who was manning the counter.  He said that Dong Zi had left an hour earlier with the boss's approval.

          Suddenly I felt uncomfortable and quickly rushed back to the lounge to turn on my cell phone.  Sure enough, there was a text message from Dong Zi. 

         ~ 'I am in Peninsula Shark Restaurant.  He has begun to make his moves on me.'

          I broke out in cold sweat, called Dong Zi's cellphone and found it was turned off.

          One of the rules of the bureau was that we had to be on-call 24 hours-a-day and this was unusual.  My heart jumped mid-air high, without changing my clothes, in the midst of sharp screams of the women in the room, I put on a thin coat and rushed out of the door knocking into the majestic, Mama Sang who was coming in through the door.

          My mind was blank, completely unable to hear Mama Sang's three-worded swearing behind me.  In my mind there was only one thought:  Deng Loong if you dare touch Dong Zi's chrysanthemum, I, Fang Liang Liang would chop off your rotten cucumber!

          Spring was the time when all things awaken, when beasts stirred and I went into a panic.

          I could only get a taxi after waiting for a long time and on the journey, I urged the driver to speed and the driver darted me a few sharp glares. 

          When I reached Peninsula Shark Restaurant, I looked around but there was no trace of Dong Zi or Deng Loong and it could be deduced that they had already left.  After running around in circles several times, sweat was forming on my forehead and I was panting.  Unwilling to give up, stretched my neck to frantically look around and inadvertently saw someone who I did not want to see - Fu Chen.

          Three months had passed by, under his glasses he still carried that gentle smile, as in my memory.  Without guessing, I also knew his laugh would be mesmerizing and so warm that would make you have the urge to go up the mountains to burn incense and thank heavens for letting you meet the world's most gentle and perfect man. 

          In fact, God is selling tragedy through Taobao* (a popular Chinese online shopping website), so how can God be kind-hearted to me?

          At a glance, Fu Chen was a good man, his laughter like the dawn, a perfectionist to his bones and as his girlfriend, he put restrictions on my behavior.  So my friends said, it was a miracle that Fu Chen, being a discerning man, could bear such an unruly woman like me.

          According to Fei Ge, I and Fu Chen had our brains kicked by the donkey for being together and when we broke up, we were also kicked by the donkey for finally recovering.

          So a year later, when Fu Chen left me, everyone was laughing except me.

          The person who smiled most naturally was my cousin sister, Lin Weiyi.

          And now, happily sitting face to face, playing the role of the perfect couple, laughing like camellia flowers. 

          Frankly speaking, my cousin sister is not as beautiful as me.  She is as flat as a washboard but fortunately for her, she has a rough tomboy for a cousin sister, Fang Liang Liang.  Compared to this piece of rotten wood, she is more gentle, refined and pleasant.

          Ever since at age fifteen, when I decided to become a tomboy, I think that was the happiest time of my life.

          Six months ago, she was happy when Fu Cheng broke up with me.  Doctor Fu, who was accustomed to swearing and cursing from me, suddenly found that there was someone else although thinner, by his side with temperament comparable to a gentle little sheep.  Just like getting used to eating fried fritters and suddenly someone offered a fresh taste of porridge with side dishes, beneficial to the digestive system, gradually became inseparable from it.

          Weiyi worked hard to get near Fu Chen, doing everything possible, pulling connections to work together with Fu Chen in the surgery.  According to an ancient saying, the one nearest to the water tower will get the moon first* (Being nearest to the person will be the first to receive interest or benefits from that person) and most important was, in this world, nothing is difficult if there are persistent people.  It could be said that Weiyi with her persistent mentality and strength, worked hard to get Fu Chen. 

          How did I know?  Because after I broke up with Fu Chen, she came personally to thank me.  When they were working in the surgery together, there was a mutual attraction between them.  He was the surgeon holding the scalpel and she was there to wipe his sweat, everything working towards a relationship development.  I could see the happiness in Weiyi's eyes, although still with her arrogant look.  Actually, that day, if I was still a child, I would not have accepted the loss and would have retaliated by saying.  "You have only picked up what I had discarded. What is there to be proud of?"

          But that day, I remained silent and "Oh." was the only answer I gave her.  I could not say any more hurtful words because of Fu Chen.  He was not the doll that I and Weiyi fought for when we were children but the man I loved who I did not really cherish.

          For Weiyi, it was her dream come true as she had this crush for several years, claiming to be the heroine in Taiwanese romance novels.  Just like the goalkeeper on the defensive guarding the piece of hymen and finally hearing the victory whistle blow, marking a moment of pride and walking as if on winds.

          And I, was looked down for being an arrogant female playing a supporting role became the laughing stock among relatives for dropping a good man and letting him run away but luckily Weiyi was also part of the big family.  A good man finally falling into someone else's pocket.

          My aunt had always been a mean woman.  That time, she had stood up for her daughter and degraded me in front of relatives.  "It was not our family's Weiyi's fault.  Look at Weiyi….. when she was small, she had always been well-behaved and clever.  Blame that her life is not good.  Think it over.  She was born without a father, with no one to discipline her and with such a nasty temper, what man would be able to tolerate her.  It was surprising why Xiao Chen liked her initially and it would be strange if she could even get a man.  She will not have the good fortune to marry a wealthy husband." 

          Unfortunately, I heard her when I was outside the door and I really could not swallow my pride, straight away pushed open the door, putting on a fake smile and said.  "Aunt, you have become more and more capable and even you can predict what my future life will be like.  In fact, Aunt's life is the best because Weiyi is able to meet a wealthy husband-to-be.  Although my life is not good but Aunt, you must not forget to thank me."

          Once the words came out and coupled with the two cousin sisters involvement with the same man, my relationship with my aunt became strained and for the last three months, I did not venture anywhere near her family door.

          My mother knew about this and her temper was worse than mine but she endured and restrained herself.   When my mother became a widow, my uncle had helped her a lot and now that he was caught in the middle, I decided to give up pursuing the matter.

          The couple was having an intimate talk and the scene was stabbing my eyes.

          Almost at the same time, they saw me and Fu Chen's smile froze.  He stared at me, Weiyi saw him staring and glared at me, her face darkened.

          I did not have the time to be embarrassed and was feeling anxious.  Not far away, Fu Chen's expression changed.  Experience told me that the perfectionist was picking on me and whenever he had that sharp frown, his radar eyes were trained on me, picking out my flaws.

          Not saying anything, I turned and walked away, at the same time anxiously trying to call Dong Zi on his phone.  He was still not answering his phone and my mind was quickly running through ways to solve this problem and ran out of the restaurant without looking back. 

          I stood in the open courtyard of the shopping plaza and ran my fingers through my hair.  For Dong Zi to turn off his cellphone at the critical time, was strange.  In my mind, I could visualize Dong Zi being raped and bitten with blood all over his body.  Locked up in a corner and at his side was Deng Loong, after eating clean Dong Zi, with a lit cigarette and a smile on his face.  A terrible idea slipped into my mind.  This man, surnamed Deng, after so many years of playing around with men, did his body carry any dirty disease?  Did he use protection?  My cute Dong Zi should not be fated to have any relationship with the cute disease called Aids, right?

          There were no answers to my questions and if I could not find them, maybe tomorrow all these questions would become a terrible reality.

          Once again, I was irritated and ran my fingers through my hair.  Leaning against the shopping plaza railings, I forced myself to calm down.  Since I could not locate Dong Zi, then it was necessary to find him through Deng Loong.  But I had failed to get Deng Loong's private number.

          Then suddenly I brighten up.  I did not have his number but there was someone who has.

          Kang Zixian!

          Quickly I pulled out my cell phone and traced back last night's message records which fortunately I did not delete.  I dialed the number.

          Breathing nervously, the number went through and after a while, a loud and clear voice sounded in my ear.

          "Hello?"  He hesitated.  "It's you?"

          I reminded myself that now I was begging this uncle and so I must not attack him with foul language. 

          "Hehe……Kang Big Brother, I'm Fang Liang Liang.  I have a problem and need your help."  As soon as the words 'Kang Big Brother' came out from my mouth, the hairs on my whole body stood up.

          "Kang Big Brother?"  There was silence at the other end and then he jokingly said.  "Looks like Miss Fang is really asking for a favor."

          "Big Brother……"  I shuddered again and again.

          "Let it be.  I wish to live for two more years.  What is it?"

3