Chapter 80: The fall of Andila
7.9k 15 260
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, and all my Patreons

Discord,

I continued circling the city, my eyes scanning the guards below. My attention was drawn by a few robed figures that were standing in the air above the buildings. Just looking at them gave me a nasty feeling, as I could sense the disturbance of the mana surrounding them. 

They all had haughty expressions on their faces, yet I could feel that deep down, they were frightened out of their wits. The only reason they were able to stare at me with their fake courage was the shield that gave them a sense of safety and security. 

The guards that looked akin to knights rode what appeared to be one-eyed oversized birds. They circled the robed figures while brandishing their weapons, ready to defend their city should make any move. The crowd of people below was split into two sides, one were those that were scared and panicking, they ran back to their homes for cover while peeking out of their windows. The second side were those that were watching the whole scene in curiosity and surprise. 

'It seems like they still don't quite realize the severity of their situation,' I inwardly mumbled, before coming to a stop right above the city. The guards and what I assumed were the mages did not make any hasty moves as they fearfully kept their eyes on me. 

'Well, let's just get this over with,' Closing my eyes, I reached out to the water mana, almost immediately a water pillar rose like a sharp arrow from the river below towards one of the giant chains that held the city afloat. 

The mages had no time to react before the chain broke under the sheer pressure of my attack. Andila shook and began to sway as the abnormally large chain fell towards the waterfalls below. A few buildings tumbled over injuring and perhaps killing some people, yet I was barely getting started.

 

Surprisingly, the mages reacted rather fast as they shot towards the side where the chain was broken. I could sense the mana bend under their will as they forced it to help them stabilize the city. The mages glowed brightly as they used their magic to balance Andila, while a few of them shot a few attacks my way. 

The attacks passed through the city shield harmlessly and lunged towards me. I could have easily dodged them, had I wanted to, yet I didn't. I was curious to see if the attacks had any impact. And so I let the mana balls hit me straight in the chest causing a small explosion to follow, as a dust cloud hindered my vision of the city. 

I could hear the humans cheer loudly, thinking they got me. A frown made its way unto my face, 'Aren't they underestimating me, a bit too much?' I grumbled, their attacks did not even leave a scratch on my scales. 

I flapped my wings breaking through the dust cloud, the mages' faces were terrified as I suddenly appeared. The citizens that were celebrating moments ago turned silent as I lunged towards another giant chain. This time I did not use my magic, and simply rammed against it with pure body strength. 

A loud bang followed right after as the large chain broke, causing the already unstabilized city to wobble even harder. The mages glowed brighter as they did their best to try to keep Andila afloat, yet it was only a matter of time before It went down. It was quite obvious that with both chains gone, It took them everything in their power to keep the city steady, and even so I could see most of the buildings shake on the verge of collapse.

The guards that were surrounding the mages all this time finally made their move, It was now clear that they could not stay on the defensive If they wanted a chance to survive this. A middle-aged lady with short hair and large Claymore rushed towards me on riding her oversized bird, the group of guards following closely behind her. 

'So she's their leader,' I noted. Her sword glowed with a faint golden light, causing me to feel a small sense of danger from It. 'Hmm, interesting, It's similar to the sword those other knights used to cut Ember back in our naming ceremony,' 

'But so what? The most It could do is cut one scale or two, and that's If she can get closer In the first place,' I grinned as the small army flew towards me. They even had archers in the back who attacked first, yet their flimsy arrows easily bounced off my scales. 

Their leader gracefully rode her bird, arriving almost instantly before me. To my surprise, she stood up and leaped with her giant Claymore at hand, slashing towards my face. Her attack was swift and decisive, yet unfortunately for her, It was still too slow in my eyes. 

I easily dodged the captain and rushed towards her soldiers. I wanted to save her for last, once her attack failed, her bird immediately flew under her quickly catching her falling figure. She let out an enraged roar as she turned her gaze only to see me decapitating her men. 

I didn't even have to use magic, I simply danced between them using my claws and jaw to cut limbs and tear of heads. The sky above Andila quickly turning into a mist of red, as the bodies of the guards alongside their oversized birds began to fall from the air and into the waterfall below. 

The captain hastily rushed towards me, trying to stop me from killing her men, yet I easily dodged once again and proceeded to exterminate them before her eyes. I could see the rage in her eyes, as she kept screaming while trying to catch me. 

I shook my head in disappointment at her pathetic sight, she should have not rushed headfirst, perhaps this was a good strategy if their opponent were other humans, but as a dragon, their formations were useless in front of me. 

It did not take long before the small army was no more. I could hear the screams full of panic from the citizens below as they rushed to evacuate, a few similar large birds flew away from Andila carrying their passengers. I simply looked at them go and did not move to stop them, my goal now was to spread fear amongst them, so It was alright if a few of them escaped. 

"Why!?" My attention was caught by the screaming captain as she glared daggers at me. Her Claymore shaking in her hands from rage. 

I harrumphed and replied with a deep voice causing her eyes to widen in shock, she must have not thought that I could understand her and that I could talk. "You humans have crossed the line, we dragons never forget!" I said, my voice booming through the sky into the ears of all those present. 

The captain seemed confused as she opened her mouth and closed It a few times before she asked. "C-Crossed the line? What did we ever do to you?!" She screamed, her voice full of anger and resentment. 

"You have killed two of our own, and so I came to repay you! Die and atone for your sins, for you dared bare your fangs against us!" I growled, father had said that I was to spread a message, and sow the seed of fear throughout the ranks of the humans. The fact that they have killed two of our own was not wrong, two younglings, one green, and one red had lost their lives in the naming ceremony a long time ago, and the humans never paid for that. 

'Well, father did say a dragon never forget, so I guess I can use this,' I mentally noted. 

260