Chapter 150: Suspicions
4.4k 9 140
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As usual,

Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, adam9413, Niedzwiedz1, and all my Patreons.

For up to 30 chapters in advance and illustrations do check the link below! Now is the best time to join since its the start of the month!

Patreons

Discord

Although the pressure was uncomfortable, it did not prevent me from slowly scaling the mountain. My body was strong and big enough, making it so I had no problem with such a task. Not long after, I found myself standing on the peak, right in the middle was the dragon statue constantly emitting a bright blue light that connected it to the sky above by a thin thread.

"Hmm, so you are the one that protected us," I mumbled as I glanced at the sky where the shield covered our mountain and then back at the still glowing statue.

As I tried to figure out what power the statue was using, a frown quickly made its way to my face. "How strange, I can't seem to recognize it. It's neither 'law' power nor does it seem to be mana?"

My frown deepened as I stepped closer to the statue and activated my spirit vision, the scenery quickly changed before me. "Hmm?" my eyes widened in surprise as I blinked in disbelief.

"I was wrong?" I muttered.

Surrounding the dragon statue was a large amount of strange unfamiliar mana compressed into an orb shape. The orb of mana hovered above the dragon's head giving off an extremely bright light that made me frown.

Yet what surprised me the most was not the mana, but the power of law that surrounded it. This was the same power that protected the blood, and the same power that the human knights used, and here it was again, this time working to what seemed like keeping the orb of mana in place and acting as, 'A shield? No, a prison?' I inwardly mumbled.

Although the orb of mana was too bright, I still managed to see flashes of what looked like elements floating within. "This? What is this?" My eyes squinted as I studied it in curiosity. After a while, I slowly turned my attention to the 'law' power.

This mysterious power seemed to follow a complicated pattern, unfamiliar runes floated about giving off a faint golden hue. The runes appeared to be from an ancient language, one that I had never seen before.

"Wait!" My eyes widened in shock as I recalled something.

'The monster behind that ancient door!' My breathing turned ragged as I hurriedly took a few steps back away from the statue and the strange runes around it.

Seeing that nothing happened after a while I slowly shook my head to calm myself down. "No, although there are similarities, they are not quite the same," I muttered to myself as I hesitantly moved closer to get a better look.

'Indeed, they look somewhat similar, but are still different,' I slowly nodded in confirmation, a silent sigh of relief escaped my mouth unconsciously.

'The last thing we need is more problems right in our backyard,' I shook my head and began to compare the two runes. I slowly circled the statue, studying the floating ancient letters from all sides.

After a while, my eyes brightened as I slowly nodded, 'Hmm, the first main difference between them is without a doubt, their aura' I inwardly noted. While one was extremely sinister, giving off an unpleasant feeling. This one seemed rather, just? I didn't want to say holy, since that did not seem to be it, but I didn't quite understand it myself either.

The aura the runes before me gave off was almost akin to that of indifference. Faced with such aura, the first thing that came to my mind was strangely the figure of the King as he watched over the world from above with an indifferent gaze, treating everything and everyone below the same.

No one was above the runes, no one was above the 'law'. No matter who you were, you could only follow the 'law'. "Interesting, this seems to be the opposite of the runes from that ominous door, what exactly does that mean?" I silently wondered.

My eyes were subconsciously drawn to the dark cloudy sky. Although I could not see it, my memory was still fresh as I recalled the sight I have seen earlier. The countless dragons fighting against the Shades, the enormous hand trying to break into our plane.

My gaze slowly drew back to the runes before me as I frowned. 'But why are they similar? And why does this 'feel' like the King's? Is there some sort of relationship between them?’ My gaze turned sharp as I glanced at the sky.

“No, there must be something,” I took a deep breath to calm myself down as various thoughts swirled in my mind.

‘The Shades, what exactly are they? Alien invaders? Then there’s the King...are things really as simple as they seem?’ My frown deepened the more I thought about this.

Although It didn’t seem like much, the familiarity I sensed between the two runes was evident of things that lurked behind. This just made me all the more on guard and suspicious of everything. Especially after my father ended up using me to fulfill his revenge.

I didn’t blame him for it, though that didn’t mean I was happy about it either. I didn't want to be played by someone else, I didn’t want someone else to lead me by the nose. I was still too weak for now, but that will change in the future, I will make sure of it!

‘It's best if I stay away from this entire ‘Shades’ thing,’ The more I looked at the ‘law’ power, the more certain I became. ‘I should head back,’ closing my eyes, I took a deep breath clearing my mind of all useless thoughts.

So what If they were connected, so what if the King had something to do with the Shades, I was still too weak to get involved in such a large stage. For now, all I could do is lay low and bid my time. ‘I wonder how mother is doing,’ I silently sighed as I made my way down the mountain.

Once I did, I was about to head towards Sidus’s location when an angry roar pushed the clouds apart from the west. My eyes widened as a familiar tiny figure covered in wounds and caked in blood rushed over.

“Grandma?!” My mouth opened wide in shock.

Grandmother did not seem to see us as she passed by the mountain and into the battlefield, a tyrannical aura surrounded her small body forcing everyone to steer clear from her path.

“You bastard!” She roared, enraged as she shot like a meteor towards the arm that was struggling to enter.

‘What the-’

140