Chapter 151: Grandfather makes his move
5k 10 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 And as usual,

Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, adam9413, Niedzwiedz1, and all my Patreons.

For up to 30 chapters in advance and illustrations do check the link below! Now is the best time to join since its the start of the month!

Patreons

Discord

I watched with bated breath as grandmother's tiny body rammed against the Shade's arm. A bright explosion soon followed as her mana collided with the invader's strange energy forcing me to shield my eyes. 

Right after that, an enraged road escaped from beyond the void as the creature cried out in pain and rage. I watched in disbelief as grandmother's tiny body continuously radiated a vast amount of mana, with countless abnormally large elements surrounding her. 

"Yes, scream more for me, you ugly bastard!" She yelled out in an enraged tone. 

Grandfather who was fighting alongside the elders against the Shade seconds ago before she interrupted them instantly rushed in to provide her with support. I watched in shock as he let out an abnormally large fire breath which in turn seemed to have been boosted by grandmother's wind magic creating what looked like a firestorm. 

The fire typhoon then rushed clashed headfirst against the Shade who was still struggling against grandmother's earlier sneak attack. Another pained roar escaped his mouth as he tried to swat my grandparents out of the sky in a fit of rage. 

His attack was extremely fast causing my eyes to widen, yet grandmother simply harrumphed before gracefully dodging to the side all the while dragging grandfather with her using her mana. 

"Scream more for me! I want to hear you scream more!" She yelled out again before sending her elements to attack the now cracked and bruised claw from all sides. 

The other Dragon elders constantly provided their support, sending various magical attacks which illuminated the sky and bombarded the invader. Grandfather didn't sit ideally either, the moment grandma's attack reached, he instantly followed it with a Dragon breath of his own. 

The sky seemed to darken for a second and the entire battlefield turned dim as an oversized blue flame materialized before his now open jaw. The flame cracked and spun, as it continued to grow by the second, emitting a terrifying heat that caused all the nearby dragons to summon their shields to protect themselves. 

Even I who was standing far below them could 'feel' the abnormal heat emitting from that dragon breath. 'He's not using his mana only! It's a genuine Dragon breath!' I inwardly noted with sparkling eyes. 

Even though the aura and danger that the attack made me feel was frightening despite it not even being aimed at me, I nonetheless found myself growing excited as I waited for my grandfather to make his move unblinkingly. 

This would be my first time seeing him go all out, how could I 'not' be excited?! I didn't need to wait long as the Dragon breath shot like a laser beam towards the void that contained the Shade, leaving behind a large fiery trail in the sky. 

Surprisingly, grandfather didn't aim at the hand but instead aimed at the void. His dragon breath then disappeared, swallowed beyond the void, the second it did, however, all elders alongside grandmother and a few other unfamiliar dragons rushed forward.  

I watched in surprise as all of them manipulated their mana to work together, forming an abnormal large shield that covered the entire plane for as far as the eye could see. The mana stream was included as well. 

The shield was transparent and would have been impossible to see had I not activated my spiritual vision. I blinked in surprise as I glanced left and right not understanding what happened. One moment everyone was fighting, another all elders alongside a few hundred dragons gathered together as if on cue and summoned an impossibly large shield that covered the whole sky. 

"What happened?" I mumbled in puzzlement. 

And as if the answer my question, the explosion arrived. The Shade that was struggling to invade from the void let out a miserable cry as a fiery blast swallowed him hole. It looked like the gates of hell opened as the void portal cracked like a glass window, the fire then surged out from all cracks and bombarded the shield all Dragons summoned. 

My mouth opened wide in shock as the sky turned fiery red completely engulfing my grandfather who was still beyond the shield. All other Dragons on the other hand seemed to struggle to keep the shield from dispersing as the flames took over the entire sky. 

"..." 

I watched the entire scene in stunned silence, the entire shield continued to vibrate, threatening to break. It seemed to nullify noise as well, as the sound from the explosion did not carry over. For a second, the entire sky was burning, a scene I would never forget for as long as I live, one far more shocking than the earlier one with countless meteors. 

"Hurry up and stop you damn old lizard! Do you want to destroy the entire plane?!" Grandmother suddenly yelled with a frown. 

To my immediate surprise, the entire sea of fire suddenly surged backward at an alarming speed before compressing itself into a tiny spinning flaming ball before my grandfather's unscathed figure. He stood there in the sky with a solemn expression on his face as he glanced at the now-destroyed void tear, from which the Shade had tried to invade. 

There were no more signs of the invader and the void crack was now unstable. Grandfather then turned his attention back towards the spinning fiery orb before him and unhesitantly opened his mouth to swallow it. 

Throughout the entire ordeal, none of the Dragons present seemed to be surprised by what happened as if what they saw was completely normal. As soon as the flaming sky disappeared, so did the shield. A group of dragons then moved towards the now unstable void crack and channeled their mana towards it in what appeared to be an attempt at closing it and restoring the space to its previous state. 

"Did you get him?" Asked the elder water dragoness as she glanced at my grandfather, all other elders looked over waiting for his reply, only grandma shook her head with a frown. 

"I aimed to destroy his plane, but the bastard was slippery, he managed to erect a last-minute barrier to protect it," Sighed grandfather. 

"Any damage?" Asked the brown elder dragon with a frown. 

"Yes, although I didn't get to annihilate it, I still managed to destroy a good part of it, he's hurt as well since he had to divert his attention to protect his plane," Nodded grandfather. 

"That's alright, it should buy us some time, I doubt he'd be this courageous again," Answered the red elder dragon.   

"Still, we need to talk this out with the Gods..." Said the pink dragoness with a frown causing the others to subconsciously turn towards grandma. 

"Now is not the time to talk about this," She replied before glancing at the battlefield that was still raging below them. 

Most of the dragons fighting against the Shades were just about finished with their battles, with a few invaders still left undealt with. It looked like the battle was finally over. Just then I sensed grandmother's gaze lock on me. 

143