Chapter 176: The Plan
3.6k 8 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, why are we here again?" Breta asked as she glanced at the multicolored sea below.

I constantly flapped my wings, keeping myself in the sky, while she simply stood there as if she was standing on hard ground. 'Tsk, that's not fair,' I grumbled inwardly, but still choose to ignore my annoyance.

Pointing at the giant body of water below, I spoke, "You see, I am first a water Dragon."

"Oh, and?" She asked in her signature emotionless tone.

"Why are we struggling every time the Shade tries to invade?" I asked trying to approach the subject from a different direction.

"Because you can't create a connection with the cosmic mana, and instead end up having to spend all your energy on keeping the Shade out."

"Exactly! Now think with me, what could I do to expend less energy fighting off the Shade, and more to create the cosmic thread?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Breta spoke, "I don't know, enlighten me."

"Firstly, fix your damn tone when speaking to me. I don't see you making any suggestions to get out of here."

Rolling her eyes, Breta let out a tired sigh and continued sarcastically, "Yes, yes, oh so mighty dragon. Please do tell me your master plan."

Clicking my tongue in irritation, I took a deep breath and chose to ignore the disrespect in her voice, now was not the time for petty quarrels.

"Think you, idiot, I'm a water dragon. Water is my element, it's my home ground. If we're having trouble dealing with the bastard, then we should just change our home ground." 

Raising her brow, Breta queried, "So, If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to conduct the teleportation," She paused and pointed at the raging sea below, "Down there?"

"Exactly!"

A long sigh escaped her mouth as the goddess moved her hands to rub her temple. "Aether, you do know that down there is the place with the highest density of water mana, right?"

"What part of I'm a Water Dragon can't you understand?"

"No, you damn idiot! Think, can't you see how hard it is for me to break through the veil as it is already? Do you think I'd be able to do that from underwater?"

Shaking my head, I replied reassuringly, "That I know. But you are severely underestimating my prowess," Pausing, I pointed downwards with my head before I continued, "Down there is my home ground, I should be able to get the water mana off your back for a while and divert it towards the bastards when he tries to invade."

A frown quickly made its way to the goddess's face as she heard my statement, "You can do all of that, and still manage to create a link of cosmic mana to the outside world?"

"I never tried it before, but...I have faith in my water element. The mana will help us." I answered with confidence.

Still, Breta seemed to have doubts as she replied, "That doesn't sound very reassuring, you know?"

"Once again, we don't have much of a choice. Besides, I'm always open to suggestions. As I said, my goal is to get out of here, so if you have a better plan, be my guest and share it with me." 

Scratching her head, the goddess's emotionless face crumbled into one of annoyance, "That's the damn problem, I hate to admit it but I don't see any other option."

A grin made its way across my face, as my mouth stretched wide, "Then it's decided. For our next attempt, we'll go underwater."

"Ah, damn it."

"Shouldn't you be blessing us or something, instead of cursing?"

"Who do you think I am? Goddess of luck?" Breta instantly shot back in irritation.

"Oh, so there is actually a Goddess of luck?"

"Luck my foot, that bit-" Stopping herself right before she could continue, Breta let out an awkward cough and hurriedly changed the subject, "Anyways, I should be back to full strength by tomorrow."

"Heh, got it. Speaking of which, seems like you don't really like this goddess of luck?"

"Oh, and what makes you say that?" answered Breta with a venomous gaze.

"Nothing, just a hunch."

"Then keep your hunches to yourself, let's go back. I still need some rest."

Shaking her off, I pointed at the body of water below and spoke, "You go first, I'll have to test a few things."

Glancing at the sea, and then back at me, Breta answered in a rare serious tone, "Be careful down there, I still think it's dangerous to do this underwater, but i'll relent since we don't have much of a choice. Still, for now, don't do anything stupid. I still want to get out of here."

"Yes, yes, I got it. Just go," I answered with a wave of my tail. Nodding, the goddess turned into a streak of light that disappeared into the distance. Seeing that, I took a deep breath and nose-dived towards the multicolored water below.

Once inside, a feeling of comfort and familiarity overtook me. My scales tingled in joy as I dived underwater, feeling the water mana gather around me. I didn't need to open my spiritual vision to 'see' the countless water elements clustered around me.

Still, my feeling of comfort only lasted for a brief moment, before It was overtaken by one of wariness. The second I was underwater, various gazes instantly locked on to me. Closing my eyes, I traced back their locations to the bottom of the sea.

"Ah shit, I have to clean the waters if I want things to go well," I grumbled before flapping my wings and diving deeper underwater.

My destination, one of the said presences lurking below. Although the water was colorful from above, the further I went below, the darker it became. Still, that posed no problem to me as I built for a habitat like this.

It didn't take me long before I was upon a large crevice on the bottom of the ocean. The ground appeared to have been split into two, the chasm seemingly leading to the depths of the earth.

No other presence nor sign of life could be felt from down here, besides the one deep within the chasm. I was sure whatever was there, already knew I came looking for it. Still, I had no choice, I couldn't go ahead with tomorrow's plan while leaving behind unknown variables. 

"Now then, let's see just who's hiding down here."

112