Chapter 8: Let Go Of Your Shell
3.4k 29 206
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Everyone's enthusiasm for the story has been so wonderful to see. Have another double chapter day! This means that next week, the story will end on Friday. I look forward to seeing everyone's reaction to this and chapter 7. Enjoy and have a great weekend!

 

It was the fifth day since Onyx had brought me to her lair and I found her carrying soil in from outside, her arms showing no strain from the large tub of dirt. I waited for her to carry it to the nursery and start spreading it among her plants before telling her of my worries.

She smacked herself in the forehead, her hand leaving a smudge of dirt. “Right! The hunters! I forgot about them. I wouldn’t worry about them, I won’t let anyone try to force you back into hiding who you are. Besides, who could hide such a cute face?” I melted under the compliment, still unused to friendly teasing but enjoying it greatly. Onyx never felt like she was trying to make me feel bad with her jokes and each one took me by surprise in the nicest of ways.

I pulled myself back together from the happy puddle I felt like. “I just...I feel like I can be myself with you but I’m worried about going back out there. Goddess, I haven’t been this nervous in years. But I can’t stop thinking about trying to tell Maple or anyone else about this without them treating me like a man trying to pretend otherwise. Like, who could ever accept *this*??” I gestured towards my body. Onyx had assured me that I looked like a pretty priestess with all the little adjustments to my presentation but I struggled to see it in the mirror. My dysphoria was strong now that I finally knew how to recognize it.

Onyx looked down at me with a thoughtful expression. “I wanted to give you some space before bringing this up, so you didn’t feel pressured but I suppose now is as good a time as any. Truth be told, I had my suspicions that you might be trans based on what Maple had told me. And she was the one who suggested I offer this to you after getting to know you a bit better. And well, we’ve gotten pretty close in the short time you’ve been here, haven’t we?”

I smiled. The time I had spent with Onyx felt wonderful and she treated me like her daughter as we cooked and practiced magic and tried on outfits. The ease at which she saw me for who I was made me so incredibly happy I thought I was in a dream and had to pinch myself sometimes to make sure I was awake. My thoughts caught up to her words and I grew confused.

“What do you mean by this? What offer?”

She looked at me with a toothy grin. “I’m surprised you haven’t asked for it already. Little lady, how would you like to become a dragon?”

My eyes widened as my heart felt like it was going to burst from my chest and flee the country, to take up the life of a hermit and contemplate what in the hell she had just said. Almost as much as I had desired to be a woman, I had dreamt of being one of the dragons I admired so much. Surely...surely this was too good to be true.

“Didn’t you say that you could only gift someone once every decade? Surely you don’t want to waste the gift on someone like me.”

She snorted. “Girl, it's hard to take your self deprecation seriously when I can see you drooling over the idea. It's my gift to give and I’ve already decided I want to share it with you. That is, if you aren’t bothered by the idea of me being your dragon mom.”

I ran forward and hugged her tight, taking her briefly by surprise.


“I want that more than anything.”




We shared a hearty lunch while Onyx explained to me how the gift worked.

“The transformation takes a day to complete and you’ll sleep during the whole thing. The ritual consists of me creating a mote of draconic essence from my mana and binding it to your core. The ritual will require your explicit consent and you’ll meld the mote into your core yourself. After that, the ritual will be complete and the transformation will begin. My essence will be the pattern for your new form, so don’t be surprised if you end up looking a little like me. I did say I’m gonna be your dragon mom, didn’t I? There are a few other elements but Teara prefers if we keep that a secret. She is a bit mischievous and hates when people spoil the surprise. Rest assured however that it will be a pleasant process, you have my word.”

I nearly choked as I tried to eat as fast as possible, ready to begin. Onyx was making me eat quite a bit because I would need the fuel during the transformation. When our meal was done, she guided me to a room I had not yet been in. It was a small chamber but I recognized an altar when I saw one. Teara’s holy symbol featured proudly on the tapestries along the wall and a small statue of a woman in hooded robes stood above the altar. The ground was covered in symbols with a circle in the middle. The symbols were drawn in ritual ink, meant to serve for a specific purpose and then vanish.

I took my place in the center of the circle, my body shaking with excitement. I carefully stripped down as Onyx had told me that any clothes I wore might be ruined by the transformation. She grabbed a small jar of ink and drew scale designs on my shoulders and hips along with symbols sacred to Teara. Satisfied with her work, she drew back outside the circle and faced me. She unfurled her wings and her nails extended into talons as she drew on her draconic aspects as much as she could in her human form. I watched her pass mana through her body to align it with her essence. She drew out the mote of essence letting it hang in the air in front of her as it shimmered with soft pink, blue, and white light.

“Do you accept the gift of Teara, goddess of chaos? Do you seek the freedom of her blessing to live in the fullest expression of joy? Speak, child of potential, and make your will known.”

She waited for me to respond.

“With all of my heart, yes. I do.” I spoke the words in a firm and even tone, my anxieties melting away.

Onyx drew close to me as she sent the mote into me, my agreement letting it slip past my aura and into my core. As I melded the mote into my own mana and felt the essence begin to spread through my body, she whispered in my ear.

“This is why we call girls like you ‘eggs.’” She gave a soft chuckle.

I opened my mouth to ask her what she meant when I felt myself rise slightly into the air and an ovoid, translucent bubble surrounded me. The bubble hardened into a semi-transparent shell tinted blue. I was literally sealed within an egg. I felt my consciousness fade as the last thing I saw was Onyx’s gentle smile. It would be ok, I was safe here. I slipped into blissful oblivion and let the transformation go to work.



It felt like mere moments later that I awoke with a shudder. I was floating inside the egg, the space around me having filled with some kind of warm fluid. I wriggled around, trying to get my bearings, eager to see how the transformation had gone. I felt energized like I could run for days without stopping and I turned all that energy into finding a way out of this egg. I felt around and found a spot in the shell that felt weaker than the rest. I tore at it with my nails. They cut through the shell with ease and in moments I had created an opening. The warm fluid started to spill out and I widened the opening, pushing my head and shoulders through. My chest caught on it briefly, which was odd as I was sure the hole was big enough but pushed and suddenly I was free and tumbling to the ground. I let out a high pitched yelp, wait was that MY VOICE? And rolled to the ground. I lay face down for a moment but the pressure on my chest was uncomfortable and so I rolled on to my back. I felt good though. Really good. I heard soft laughter and realized that Onyx had watched my glorious escape from my eggy prison.

“Goddess, it is always fun to watch them hatch.” She walked into view and offered me a hand up. I started to stand but my center of gravity was all different and I wobbled on my unsteady legs. She covered me in a towel that felt softer than anything I had ever felt, how was it so soft??, and led me to my bathroom.

“I figure you’ll want to wash the gunk off and get to know your new body a bit in private. Take all the time you need Sarric, I’ll have clean clothes waiting for you when you are done.”

I shuddered at the use of my name. It felt wrong, like a coat that no longer fit. Another name popped into my head and I instantly knew it was my name, my true name.

“Valora. Call me Valora. That’s my name.” My voice continued to surprise me. It was similar to my old voice but softer and melodic. I had expected it to maybe be a bit higher but I realized it was like Onyx’s own velvet voice. I loved it. It was my voice, a woman’s voice. I giggled softly.

I looked up at Onyx and she had tears slowly falling as she smiled and nodded. “Of course, Valora. A very beautiful name for a very beautiful lady. I’ll leave you be, daughter.” She looked a little nervous as she called me daughter but I couldn’t stop smiling.

“Thanks, Mom.” I responded with nervous joy. The tears were falling fast now and she just nodded as she walked away. I noticed now that she was even taller than before. Or I had gotten smaller I suppose.

I stepped into the bathroom and raised the lights, my mana reserves feeling stronger than ever. That was a pleasant feeling. I looked into the mirror and let the towel drop, taking in my new form.

My hair clung to my head, still wet from the egg fluid, but even still I could tell it was a bright silver color now, with the faintest blue shimmer to it. My horns were a deep indigo, nearly black, and were thinner than Onyx’s. They started at my temples and curved up into delicate points. Thankfully, they weren’t very large or long so I wouldn’t have to worry too much about bumping them into things. My eyebrows were the color of my horns and arched slightly over my eyes which looked much bigger. They were a crystalline blue, shimmering with facets like a gemstone and framed in soft dark lashes. My nose was narrow and straight looking like a softer version of Onyx’s. I had soft blue scales at the edges of my eyes and my ears poked out of my hair with little points. My lips were soft and fuller than they had been, but again not as much as I might have thought. That was ok though, they looked cute. And goddess, my face looked so soft, my skin smooth and clear. I’m sure some of the ladies around town would kill to know my skincare secret. I giggled to myself at the thought.

As my gaze swept downwards, I took in the exciting new additions. I had breasts! MINE! They were soft and full and I took them gently in my hands as I got a sense for how large they were. A good handful for sure but they suited me. I looked like a shorter and slightly chubbier Onyx, lacking her toned abs and firm muscles. I liked it though, I was curvy and soft with a cute, subtly rounded belly and wide hips. My hips and shoulders had clusters of the dark blue scales as well as the back of my hands. I realized with a slight shock that a certain piece of equipment had been swapped out for another version and the thought filled me with unspeakable joy. I hadn’t realized how much distress it had caused me until now. I continued my inspection, noting that I had a big squishable butt and really nice legs, like damn I had some nice legs. More scales around my ankles and feet. I wiggled a bit and realized I had completely forgotten about my tail, as I felt it smack into the wall behind me. It took me a moment to figure out how to move it consciously and I held it in my arms so I could get a better look. It was fully covered in scales and I marvelled at how smooth and soft they were. My tail was largest at the base and then tapered into a cross shaped point of black keratin. Similar to my nails, now that I looked at them. I flexed my fingers carefully and watched my nails extend slightly, their edges growing sharper. Relaxing slightly, they returned to their much shorter state and lost the pointy edges.

I stood there with a big silly smile on my face and just let it sink in that this was me. The smiling woman in the mirror was me. I felt whole and right for the first time in my life. And I also was covered in sticky egg fluid that was starting to smell a little like grape juice. I stopped gawking to myself and stepped into the shower, as Onyx called it.

Washing up was another wonderful new experience, my skin tingling with new sensations and sensitivities. I don’t know how long I was in there but I certainly took my time. With a regretful sigh, I finished up and carefully dried my hair. It was a little longer than before, reaching down to my shoulders. And it was soft, so incredibly soft and smooth. I ran my fingers through it again and again, watching it shimmer as it dried. I had bangs now, framed by my horns and little locks of hair that fell past my ears but ended at my jawline. The rest of my hair fell in loose waves.

I peered outside the bathroom door and spotted the clothes Onyx had left for me. I was already used to feminine clothes from my vestments and some of the stuff I had tried earlier in the week but it was entirely different to put them on a body that they were designed for. I didn’t have a bra since there was no way of knowing the size beforehand, but Onyx had left me a tight top that provided a bit of support and left me comfortable enough. I still had to get used to how bits of me shifted and moved in surprising but exciting fashions. I kept giggling over the slightest things as I felt full to bursting with joy. I examined my outfit in the mirror to make sure everything was fitting correctly. Over my tight top, I had a loose black tunic and a soft black skirt that reached to my knees. I wore sandals that laced halfway up my lower legs and I did a little pose to show off. I was pretty!

I found Onyx in the kitchen, a stew bubbling away at the stove. I was ravenous as I sat and she poured me a bowl. I nearly bit my tongue as I ate, unused to my new fangs but I got the hang of it quickly enough and the stew was delicious. Flavors were more intense and my sense of smell seemed far stronger than before. Onyx watched me with a bemused expression.

“I remember my hatching, Agatha had to scramble to find food in the monastery kitchens because she had no idea I would be that hungry. Some of the younger monks were moving too slow until she told them she had a starving dragon to feed. Should have seen the looks on their faces when they found out she was serious.” 

She poured me another bowl as I tore into the bread rolls she set out. I felt my hunger fade and I slowed down to savor the food a bit more.

“How are you feeling, Valora?” She sat down to eat her own meal.

I felt another surge of joy at hearing my name. I could get used to that.
“I feel wonderful! Everything just feels right and good and is this how everyone else feels all the time? I can’t believe I went this long without knowing this feeling. This is the best day in my entire life!”

Onyx smiled back at me. “I know that feeling all too well. It will get a little less intense as time goes on, but it never quite fades entirely I think. Revel in it and never forget that feeling.” My smile remained fixed on my face for the rest of the meal and onwards. 

206