Chapter 1: Leaving is too Easy
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already midnight when Huang Liuxing finally woke up from her sleep. As she slowly came to, she soon realised the situation she was in and began to remember what happened seven hours ago. 

Huang Liuxing had gotten in an argument with her foster father and ran out of the house in anger. She had accidentally trespassed on mafia territory when a few underlings caught sight of her, she beat them all up. And this angered the boss of those underlings, so he ordered for her capture. Unfortunately, for Liuxing, while she was fighting, one of the underlings hit her head with a metal bat making her lose consciousness. 

"Sh*t!" Liuxing swore under her breath while still feeling the pain in her head. She was pissed. Not only did those mafia shit bags gang up on her, but they also shamelessly attacked her from behind! Well, at least they didn't tie her up or did any more shameless things to her, otherwise, she would've seriously beaten them to death.

When she stood up from the cold hard floor she was lying on, Huang Liuxing noticed how dark it was and that she was in an abandoned building. She also realised that they had left the door open. 

Are they really from the mafia? If they are, then they're really stupid. Who in their right mind would leave the door open when they are holding a trespasser prisoner? Does that even make any sense? 

Huang Liuxing couldn't help but laugh, it was hilarious that she wondered if the mafia really wanted to teach her a lesson for trespassing on their territory.

When Liuxing reached the door and opened it, she bumped into two guards. "Ah! She's awake!" said one of the guards.
"Idiot! Then go and tell the boss!!" shouts the other. Liuxing smirks as if she was just going to let the guards alert their boss. She was going to get payback for what they did to her. Liuxing races towards one of the guards and grabs his right arm, throwing him onto the ground. Bam! The guard's head hit the ground causing him to lose consciousness. The other guard who was standing rushed towards Liuxing, "you crazy bitch!!" The guard throws a heavy punch at Liuxing in anger, however, Liuxing blocks the attack and thrusts her fist into the man's stomach. The guard groans falling onto the ground wheezing in pain.

Having dealt with the two guards, Liuxing makes her way out of the abandoned area, while looking up at the beautiful night sky, she sighs, clenching her fists. "Next time... Next time I'll challenge that boss to a duel for sure."

"Leader!" An old man calls out to a young man sitting on a large round table with two other men who looked to be in their thirties.
"What is it?" The young man spits out angrily as he glared at the old man with his peculiar abyss deep blue eyes.

The old man shivered at the young man's cold glare. "The girl we were holding prisoner beat up the guards who stationed at the abandoned area and escaped!"
"What?!" The young man yelled out loud surprised by what he heard. A mere civilian girl managed to escape unscathed?
Impossible! How can it be?
Two men laughed out loud. "Ha, ha, ha! Gong Ou Zen. I never would've thought that there would be a day when someone would be able to beat up your subordinates and leave your territory unscathed! This really is hilarious!!" The man shouted out loud making his words echo in the room. He brushed away his short white hair after catching his breath, while at the same time trying to tone down his laughter. "And a girl you say? What an embarrassment!"

"It is as Feng Gu says. It is a huge embarrassment, Mr Gong." The other man sighs and looks at Gong Ou Zen with his velvety red eyes, "If the elders found out about this, wouldn't they die of laughter?"

Feng Gu burst out laughing again uncontrollably, "what Lu Qian says is quite true! Once word gets out about this it'll be hard for others not to laugh!!"

Gong Ou Zen's face darkens, banging his fist onto the table, he lowers his voice into a very dark yet sinister tone.

"You dare to say a word?"

Feng Gu abruptly giggles, "no sir of course not. Ke, ke, this old man won't tell a soul!"
"Oh please," Lu Qian sniggers at Feng Gu's sarcasm, "you are only thirty-six years old, how is that considered to be referring yourself as 'an old man'? Saying that is insulting all the men in this world who are in their thirties." He adds in, "we are six years apart, yet why do I look so young, hmm?"
Feng Gu chokes on his laughter and glares at Lu Qian, "You..!"

"Lu Qian. Feng Gu" Gong Ou Zen turns towards both Lu Qian and Feng Gu shooting death glares at them.

Gosh, if looks could kill, we'd already be dead.

Feng Gu and Lu Qian stopped their banter and faced Gong Ou Zen waiting for him to speak again.

"Lu Qian, do you dare?"

Lu Qian faces Gong Ou Zen's glare head on, "Mr Gong, there is no reason for you to threaten, me. I will not say anything to the elders or spread rumours, unlike some people," Lu Qian purposely glanced at Feng Gu and continues with a smirk on his face, "I'm not the type of person who takes pleasure in others misfortunes."

"Hey!" Feng Gu strains his forefinger at Lu Qian, "you were just looking at me when you said that didn't you?!!" Lu Qian ignores Feng Gu's accusation and noticed the old man who had informed them what happened and gently smiles, "and you, make sure you don't tell a soul about this incident. Also, make sure to tell those involved to keep a tight lid on their mouths otherwise who knows what your boss will do to you."

The old man shivers at that last comment and stutters in fear keeping his head down, "y-yes!!"

Feng Gu stares at Lu Qian stupified, "you... You can be really terrifying sometimes."
"Thanks for the compliment." Lu Qian beams cheerfully. Sighing, Gong Ou Zen dismisses the old man with a wave of his hand.

"So.." Feng Gu looks up at Gong Ou Zen, "what're you gonna do now? Are just gonna let this matter go?"
"Of course not!" Gong Ou Zen snaps at Feng Gu's question. Letting go of this matter was out of the question, he was humiliated by a civilian. It was a huge embarrassment, she needed to be taught a lesson. "Feng Gu."
"Hmm?"
"Get your boys to search for this girl and notify me."
"Eh?" Feng Gu's mouth turns upwards. Lu Qian rests his hand against his indigo-black hair, "and what will you with her once you find her?"

Gong Ou Zen laughs at Lu Qian's question, "what do you think?" His eyes darken, "I'm going teach her what it means when you mess with the mafia!"

1