Chapter 2: You offended someone you shouldn’t have
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You did what?!" A group of boys and girls yelled out as they listened to Huang Liuxing's story of how she ended up in mafia territory and how she escaped. To her surprise, their reaction was different from what she expected. She expected to hear cheers and awestruck, delighted faces. But what she saw were terrified and trembling voices.

"Boss Huang, are you crazy?!" said a boy who was among the crowd. 

"Yeah, you must be crazy to be able to even have the courage to do something so bizarre!" Shouted another. 

"Of all the mafia gangs you could choose to offend, why'd it had to be that one?!"

Huang Liuxing was a bit flustered by their scolding but then began slowly to feel annoyed. "You lot want to be beaten that badly huh?! One more word out of you and I'll turn you all into a broken broom!!"

The crowd suddenly went quiet, they all wanted to scold Huang Liuxing for her recklessness but once she got angry, she would go crazy and start mercilessly beating people up and maybe even break their bones. They knew when to speak out their thoughts and when not to speak at all.

"Leader Huang, what everyone says is right. You were too reckless this time."

A girl with a lanky blue scarf came out of the crowd and bravely stood in front of her leader with no trace of fear on her face.

"Oh?" Huang Liuxing glares at the girl standing before her eyes. "Are you telling me I shouldn't have done that?"

"Yes." The girl says with a very calm yet very harsh tone, "you've offended someone you shouldn't have."

After hearing this last sentence Huang Liuxing's glare grew even colder making everyone tremble in fear. Everyone except the girl who was bravely confronting Huang Liuxing. 

"Alright." Huang Liuxing sneers at the girl, "since you feel that it was sooo wrong. Why don't you tell me what's so different about this mafia that you would dare to scold this lady here of being reckless and crazy?"

"Yes ma'am." The girl stood her ground showing a glint of determination in her eyes. "Leader Huang, the area you accidentally trespassed on belonged to the mafia organisation who bears the name Abyss. I'm sure you have heard this name since you are a first-class fighter."

Hearing this shocked Huang Liuxing. She had heard rumours of the organisation called the Abyss but she never truly believed it, because they never really showed up in the struggle for territory between gangs and other mafia organization's feuds.

The Abyss is a large organization which ranks number one in the underworld. The history of this organization runs deep throughout the world. The founder of this organisation fought many big shot organisations and destroyed them completely implanting fear into every single one of them. The founder's name was Gong Zhen, although Gong Zhen is no longer alive, the younger generations after him were definitely not inferior to him. Especially the current mafia head, Gong Ou Zen. 

Unlike Gong Zhen who would challenge his opponents head on, crushing and making them yield to him, Gong Ou Zen was different. He was vicious and cruel. The methods he chose to completely dominate and crush his opponents were unfathomable and inhumane. Those who went against him and those who tried to humiliate him all met their demise.

Huang Liuxing was speechless. She actually offended such a living legend. 

"Now do you get it?" The young girl questions as she looks at Huang Liuxing. The crowd who were previously shivering in fear looked at the brave girl with admiration in their eyes. But also, they felt pity for her at the same time as well because even if it was to get their leader to realise her mistake, they all knew Huang Liuxing wasn't so forgiving that she'd let a mere follower off for scolding her only the vice leader of their gang could do that.

"Hmm.." Huang Liuxing ponders on her thoughts for a while which made the crowd of lackeys feel even more pressured and restless. Finally, Huang Liuxing smiles evilly and laughs like a madman startling everyone. Huang Liuxing grins widely, "Good! Very good! This Gong Ou Zen is worthy to get the attention of this lady!" 

What?! Is she crazy?!

Everyone was shocked at what she just said. They all really wanted to beat some sense into Huang Liuxing but didn't dare to, they wanted to scold her and reprimand her for saying such reckless things but could not gather up the courage to say it out loud. After all, she was their boss and leader, and a violent one at that. They were simply too afraid to voice their opinions in case she lashes out on them and sends them to the hospital with broken bones.

Just the thought of Huang Liuxing 'disciplining ' them caused goosebumps to appear on their bodies.

"Are you mad?! How can you say such crazy things?!!" Again the aloof girl opened her mouth to rebuke Huang Liuxing.

This girl... Is she tired of living?

Everyone couldn't help but be amazed at the girl's boldness and bravery to the point where they started to speculate whether she was either stupid or just didn't want her life anymore.

Huang Liuxing on the other hand, however, paid no attention to the rudeness the girl was displaying.

Another girl who seemed a bit younger grabbed the girl wearing the lanky scarf by the arm, "Xiao Mei! Stop arguing with leader Huang, do you not want to live anymore?!" 

Xiao Mei shook off the timid girl's hand and glares at her, "An Xue Lin! Mind your own business!" 

"I-" Before An Xue Lin could say another word, Xiao Mei turns to face Huang Liuxing. 

Suddenly, once again, Huang Liuxing bursts out laughing uncontrollably. Xiao Mei and the rest of the crowd were shocked by Huang Liuxing's sudden outburst. 

"Hmph, so what if I'm crazy? So what if I'm mad? I was born to be a lunatic!! If I were given the chance to have a one to one match with the notorious Gong Ou Zen I wouldn't mind dying in the process!" 

"You crazy woman!" Xiao Mei screams angrily, "you offended someone you shouldn't have, yet you want to try and challenge him to a duel? You are courting death!"

"Who dares to say that our idol is courting death?!"

Huang Liuxing and Xiao Mei turn to look at the direction of where the voice came from.

A young man with delicate facial features, and eyes as deep as the colour of a deep rain forest

He smirked deviously at Xiao Mei as if she was an Idiot. 

Huang Liuxing immediately runs up to the young boy and lightly taps him on his shoulder with her fist. Smiling happily at the young man she says, "welcome back Li Zhong!"

1